Old Firm media embarrassment and VAR control

Leeds_Bear

34 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

VAR will be needed to stop our game looking like a backwater. The money will be found. 

don't think VAR would have made any difference to the last game .

Most folk were happy enough with the ref at full time .

That was until the BBC with their highlighting of one player and social media getting involved .

Plus I don't think VAR would have got called in for any of the incidents apart from may be the penalty shout early on and Lustigs assault on Candias 

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

don't think VAR would have made any difference to the last game .

Most folk were happy enough with the ref at full time .

That was until the BBC with their highlighting of one player and social media getting involved .

Plus I don't think VAR would have got called in for any of the incidents apart from may be the penalty shout early on and Lustigs assault on Candias 

Penalty, no chance as not even the players complained for it.

What Lustig assault? 

3 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

VAR is only open to the shite refs we're complaining about.
Can you see Collum changing his mind over the Candieas incident.
NO!!!!...me neither. 

I thought VAR at the world cup was bad enough but in Scotland it would be a complete joke.

Players running to the referee to check everything constantly

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Very time consuming read

FFS mate, do you only read headlines :lol:

It was a well put together article, hopefully some lurking journos get a chance to read it. :tu:

Edit. Just realised you’re taking the piss :lol:

Aren’t you ? 

Very long read,  but worthy piece.  Shame this wasn't in the Scottish papers to rebut their usual poorly written agenda.  

This is factual and well written. 

As Ricky said,  if they're going to moan about anything our players do,  they at least need to equalise it with their own mishaps to prove they are only looking for fair assessment on the game.  

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

What's the main selling point of the Scottish game? The OF fixtures. And I'd say they compare well with other big fixtures (standard of player excluded obviously). What they lack in polish they arguably make up for in heart, blood and guts. 

Goal line technology very rarely comes into play so it's not really missed. 

VAR is a much bigger difference though, so it lacking in OF games would start to impact the perception of the games. That's why I think it'll be needed and we'll see it no more than two seasons after it's fully utilised in the Premier league.

Just a prediction of mine, of course have no way of knowing what will happen. 

VAR would probably reduce the heat the refs get but as it would get most big decisions right, but it's not without its faults either. 

It's maybe something for the future once the ground rules have been established but I would only accept it if it was for all games in the league and the same rules for everyone.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

The McGregor incident is a goal-scoring opportunity, he makes a clear attempt to handle the ball, a penalty and a red card.

It’s amazing that hasn’t been reported at all. It’s a game changing incident in the 3rd fucking minute. They were lucky to get beat 1-0 with 11 we’d have battered them if they had 10

100% spot on I still can't believe that was totally ignored biased beyond belief

7 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

An excellent piece IMO, sums up the last week or so perfectly. Whilst it's been enjoying watching them squirm there is a dangerous undercurrent to their reporting which continues to paint us as the villain and do untold damage to the club's brand and reputation.

The club need to stand up and do something about this shit.

I think Gerrard should have come out sooner than he has, I know he was away with his family but we needed a voice to cut through the crap and also be heard down south. 

Either way, a great piece. 

https://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/987-old-firm-media-embarrassment-and-var-control 

Good article :tu: If anyone would like to listen to it rather than read it, c&p the text into the reader here https://ttsreader.com/

and press play.

After seeing the confusion and the delays in the Premiership 

Not sure I think the idea for it up here is a good thing 

International football is so much slower .The crowds actually get excited when they have the delay using it 

Bread and butter football in Scotland is night and day different from this 

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

After seeing the confusion and the delays in the Premiership 

Not sure I think the idea for it up here is a good thing 

International football is so much slower .The crowds actually get excited when they have the delay using it 

Bread and butter football in Scotland is night and day different from this 

Problem in Scotland is that some cunt will likely nick the monitors during the game, they'd be sold by full-time.