Forward Line

evenstevens

The two up front is a fucking frightening prospect. Bad enough playing against Morelos on his own.I think we have many options in midfield now and much stronger. Arfield, Jack and McCrorie are all on it if the scum game is anything to go by. We now have Davis and looks like Kamara will be in earlier than we thought. Plenty of options in that central area and tbh spoiled for choice.

If Morelos and Defoe can get a relationship going, cunts are getting seriously shredded.

Be interesting to see how Gerrard sets them up and an exciting prospect.

Has to be 2. Defoe isn’t going to come here to sit on the bench and there’s no way we’re going to drop Morelos with the form he’s in plus dropping a 22yr old with huge resale values that we own for a 36yr old loan player would be madness.

No idea what formation we’re going to play, but I’m sure Gerrards got it covered. One thing I know is I can’t fucking wait to see it! 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard loves a 4-3-3 similar to how Klopp plays it. Liverpool's front three all seem interchangeable. Perhaps this will be his thinking with Defoe, Morelos & Kent

Warburton tried that formation every week and had some massive failures which were perhaps more about the player's inability to execute rather than the formation itself.  Think we have some interesting and exciting times ahead   

McGreggor

Goldson McAuley Worral/Katic

Tav Davis Jack Arfield Kent Baracic

Morelos Defoe

easily changes to a 5-3-2 when defending.

to bad on Candias and McCrorrie but I think it could work and a good bench to swap around with.

edit fuck sake don't think we'll get away with 12 on the park LOL

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Warburton tried that formation every week and had some massive failures which were perhaps more about the player's inability to execute rather than the formation itself.  Think we have some interesting and exciting times ahead   

I would say it was more about player inability with Warburton. Two of the best teams in the world in Barcelona & Liverpool play 4-3-3 100% of the time. Not comparing us to them but rather than comparing the concept of the formation.

I'd like to see us try either a 4-1-3-2 or a 4-3-1-2...

Would be harsh on some of the wide players i.e. Candeias etc. but I feel that engine room would be too much for most teams and then further up we'd run riot with Morelos running defences ragged and Defoe spearheading.

Second formation let's Kent do his stuff behind the striker as I feel he could flourish in a  free role as per the first Hearts game at Ibrox;

McGregor

Tav Goldson CB LB

Jack

McCrorie Davis Arfield

Morelos Defoe.

Or

McGregor

Tav Goldson CB LB

Jack Davis Arfield 

Kent

Morelos Defoe

3 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

McGreggor

Goldson McAuley Worral/Katic

Tav Davis Jack Arfield Kent Baracic

Morelos Defoe

easily changes to a 5-3-2 when defending.

to bad on Candias and McCrorrie but I think it could work and a good bench to swap around with.

6 midfielders?? If only....

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I would say it was more about player inability with Warburton. Two of the best teams in the world in Barcelona & Liverpool play 4-3-3 100% of the time. Not comparing us to them but rather than comparing the concept of the formation.

are you implying Harry Forrester is no Messi??   100 percent about the players