Forward Line

evenstevens

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Morelos on the right wing :lol:

I think the guy has that spot on (apart from Katic as McAuley or Worral are more likely to play). We won't have a winger we will have an interchangeable front 3. Who is Liverpools winger? It's not Mane, Salah or Firmino....they go where they please as a 3. Defoe Morelos Kent doing likewise with Barisic and Tav attacking the wings similar to Robertson and Alexander-Arnold 

I actually think Gerrard has quite a (good) headache now.

We rely heavily on Morelos to spearhead our play, he’s the central target because his hold up play and strength is so good. 

Candeias is also pivotal in how we play, because he leads our press when we don’t have the ball, and his workrate is phenomenal. 

Defoe (for all his quality) was criticised by Sunderland fans because he’s not good at holding the ball up or playing that lone striker role, and I think at his age he won’t be able to play in the winger type role. 

Don’t really want to drop Candeias, can’t shift Morelos out wide, Defoe doesn’t really fit the current system, and if we play a more narrow one then that leaves Kent on the bench. Never mind the challenge of squeezing 4/5 quality CMs into 2 or 3 positions. 

Decisions, decisions... 

We are only in the January transfer window and imo we are looking seriously strong with great options.

There's been been some good planning going with these four signings in getting the business done early, so all credit to those involved.

We are a fucking mouth watering prospect. Can't wait for the restart.

No matter what formation, with the way the team is shaping up it’ll just click one day and some poor bastarding club will get pumped worse than motherwell in the 7-1, even when you look at the chances we’ve had or in the old firm, it’s unluckyness that we’re not ripping teams apart, but when that clicks it will be amazing 💙

Need to leave Alf to do what he does best creating mayhem with the centre backs. I would then play Defoe just off him to pick up the scraps when attacking and in the box for free kicks, corners etc. As said already one wide man in Kent or Candeias dependent on the full backs and wingers we are up against. If their left back and winger are good we need Candeias to help Tav. If not then Kent can come in to play either or both sides.

What a lovely problem to have for a change.:dance:

I’d bet we stick with the same 4-3-3 as before.  It’s the formation Gerrard went with from the start and it worked very well for us in Europe and against celtic.  We’ve been heavily reliant on Morelos but now we have another good striker to come in when he’s suspended or in need or a rest.  Davis will come in to central midfield and play the box-to-box role.

In fact, in a recent interview didn’t Gerrard himself say we’ve replaced Sadiq and Ejaria with Defoe and Davis which is a big improvement?  That diesn’t indicate a change in formation we’ve just upgraded some of the players.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

I’d bet we stick with the same 4-3-3 as before.  It’s the formation Gerrard went with from the start and it worked very well for us in Europe and against celtic.  We’ve been heavily reliant on Morelos but now we have another good striker to come in when he’s suspended or in need or a rest.  Davis will come in to central midfield and play the box-to-box role.

In fact, in a recent interview didn’t Gerrard himself say we’ve replaced Sadiq and Ejaria with Defoe and Davis which is a big improvement?  That diesn’t indicate a change in formation we’ve just upgraded some of the players.

Don’t think he’s gonna about from roof tops about going 4-4-2,tell every 1 his plans ,defo go 4-4-2 imo of course m8