NeoGeo7

Herrera (Out:Loan)

Rangers have sent flop striker Eduardo Herrera to Mexican side Club Necaxa on another loan deal.

The frontman was signed by Pedro Caixinha in 2017 but made only 21 appearances for the Ibrox side, mostly from the bench.

He'd been out on-loan at former club Santos Laguna but has now sealed another temporary switch back to his homeland having scored just twice for the Light Blues.

Herrera, whose Ibrox contract is set to expire at the end of this season, was believed to be on more than £20,000-a-week at Rangers and has never featured under Steven Gerrard.

The move reunites the Mexico international with old boss Guillermo Vazquez, who he worked with at Pumas UNAM in 2011.

Rangers have upgraded their striking options with Jermain Defoe on-loan and have also brought in Steven Davis from Southampton for six months.

Jordan Jones and Glen Kamara have signed pre-contract agreements with a view to a summer move - but the latter could yet arrive in January.

Rangers are currently in Tenerife for a winter traning camp as they prepare for the second half of the Premiership season.

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-transfer-news/eduardo-herrera-leaves-Rangers-flop-13831305

No idea on wages but hopefully it’s a large chunk of it which is better than nothing. 

Unfortunately his deal isn’t up at the end of the season. We gave him a three year deal in Summer 2017 😭

• Like 1

Does anybody ever still wonder what the fuck we were playing at during the whole Caixinha thing? 

The decisions we made were absolutely laughable and I can’t believe the people making them agreed with and sanctioned them :lol:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Unfortunately his deal isn’t up at the end of the season. We gave him a three year deal in Summer 2017 😭

Was it not just 2 years? That article also (Yeah, I know it's only the rhecord).....mentions his contract being up in the  summer.

Edit: Scrub that mate.....just looked on the official site.

FUCK!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

At the time when nobody knew who the fuck he was, it seemed like a good bit of business; an international footballer in his prime with 9 caps for Mexico, scoring 3 goals. How the fuck did this guy ever get to play for a country that was ranked around 40th in the world at that time become such a shit player and an utter waste of money. :megaanguish:

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Does anybody ever still wonder what the fuck we were playing at during the whole Caixinha thing? 

The decisions we made were absolutely laughable and I can’t believe the people making them agreed with and sanctioned them :lol:

As shite as it was, managers will tend to bring in players they know, or have worked with in the past, especially one's working with little or no scouting network.

On paper, most of Pedro's signings didn't look that bad imo. Pena was definitely a gamble, but, if Pedro had managed to get him fit/off the drink and back to his best, we would've had one of the best players in the league. 

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Who ever came up with the idea of signing Pedro and then letting him sign random Mexicans should have been kicked out of ibrox same time as Pedro 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I'd imagine if we had got Mark Allen in first it would have prevented a lot of it. Probably would have prevented Caixinha altogether.

9 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Still hard to believe looking back the Caixinha appointment and some of the signings he made. Especially the contracts handed out.

He must've talked an extremely good game in his interview.

9 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I think once we made the ‘bold’ move of appointing Caixinha, we had to back him by letting him sign the players he wanted.

9 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I wonder what the fuck he was about all the time. 1 good thing was the 3-0 a Pittodrie - what a fucking away day 😎

20k a week? ???!!!  Whit?!!!

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

20k a week? ???!!!  Whit?!!!

Aye it's a disgrace mate what we were paying these guys per week. Robbed blind. 

Scored after 3 minutes on his debut. Hope we have the option to recall him early

29 minutes ago, Amato said:

Scored after 3 minutes on his debut. Hope we have the option to recall him early

This going to be another Joe Garner type thread?

Just now, Ferris Bueller said:

This going to be another Joe Garner type thread?

What's a Joe Garner type thread? Sounds great. 

Always rated the guy.....never got a fair crack at the whip. Score for fun given the chance.....

:pipe: 

£1m per year for this cunt. Absolute joke. 

Hopefully any loan deals are softening the blow a little.

Just now, cushynumber said:

genuinely useless. At least pena could score.

He did score

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

He did score

regularly and in a lot fewer minutes per goal. 😑

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

regularly and in a lot fewer minutes per goal. 😑

eh

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

What's a Joe Garner type thread? Sounds great. 

Where everyone posts anytime he scores for his new team, happened with him and also Waghorn when we first sold them.