Jock Wallace style training camp?

scottyc06

11 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Gerrard is huge on player fitness likely running them into the ground all season he’s mentioned the work done in summer which helped carry us to end of year

But by the same token we’ve had lots of players missing spells with injuries this season and we looked like we were running on empty before the break so it’s a fine balancing act to make sure we don’t burn them out by March (which happens to quite a lot of teams with managers who place a huge emphasis on fitness).

37 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

But by the same token we’ve had lots of players missing spells with injuries this season and we looked like we were running on empty before the break so it’s a fine balancing act to make sure we don’t burn them out by March (which happens to quite a lot of teams with managers who place a huge emphasis on fitness).

Which is maybe why we are being linked with a lot of midfielders. We probably have adequate cover in defense and now in attack if Hardie is staying, hence being linked with a lot of midfielders, for rotation.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Always been a problem with mad Bielsa's teams. 

35 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Only a fool comes back after a short break without optimum fitness 

Tbh though, that looks more like a helluva lot of water rather than donner kebab and cheesy chips 😁

I think he may have drunk too much water, then the training has took its toll

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Running on empty after 37 games in five months, think it’s understandable.

I think it will be important to use this time to recondition the players and get them back up to peak fitness and to their limits. 

Right into it. 

Our fitness was embarrassing by all accounts before Gerrard came in. Gerrard told all our players this in no uncertain terms.

There's no chance that we'd be in the position we are now if we hadn't had our pre-season in Spain. 

Just now, cushynumber said:

I think he may have drunk too much water, then the training has took its toll

Yeah that used to happen to me too.

Never the beer. Or vodka. Or tequila. Or after shocks. Or curries. Or kebabs. Or pizzas. Or sausage suppers.

Yep, always the water mate, I agree 😁

Just now, ben51 said:

Right into it. 

Our fitness was embarrassing by all accounts before Gerrard came in. 

There's no chance that we'd be in the position we are now if we hadn't had our pre-season in Spain. 

Couldn’t agree more. We look like a different team fitness wise.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

Couldn’t agree more. We look like a different team fitness wise.

I know a boy who was part of our Club set up for a few years, he told me that during Pre-Season Gerrard told the players they should be absolutely embarrassed and he'd expect more from his Liverpool youths. 

We've played a tremendous amount of games so far and it's a testament to Gerrard's pre-season that we've been able to do as well as we've done. 

Love seeing this ..the gruelling pre season set us up well for domestic and European games now this sets us up for bringing the league back home ! Plus shouldn’t be as many games now we are out of the europa ! Buzzing for 2nd half of the season 55 👌🏻

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Only a fool comes back after a short break without optimum fitness 

Tbh though, that looks more like a helluva lot of water rather than donner kebab and cheesy chips 😁

Cheesy chips? I think you mean chips n cheese. Worth the watching 😛

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

At the same token we’ve already played a full season, they obviously didn’t expect to have played near as many games as we have, this is obviously why we are looking to strengthen in depth get a squad in 

43 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

At the same token we’ve already played a full season, they obviously didn’t expect to have played near as many games as we have, this is obviously why we are looking to strengthen in depth get a squad in 

Absolutely. The number of games we’ve played is incredible for the period of the season that we are at and it’s testament to the work we did in pre season.

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

I know a boy who was part of our Club set up for a few years, he told me that during Pre-Season Gerrard told the players they should be absolutely embarrassed and he'd expect more from his Liverpool youths. 

We've played a tremendous amount of games so far and it's a testament to Gerrard's pre-season that we've been able to do as well as we've done. 

I think the biggest difference has been with Morelos. His game has gone to another level this season and I think a big part of that is because of how much fitter he is.

I think our fitness levels have improved noticeably under Gerrard, always thought the scum looked as if they could maintain a high tempo throughout the 90 minutes but now we look the fitter team.  If that means a few more tough training sessions then so be it, we have to be the best we possibly can if we are to win the league and each player has to be aware of that.