Andy Murray Retires

Shame, but a hip injury is a fucker. Really hoped he would get over it and play on. 

Was hearing at a sportsman's dinner about Murray being the only one of the top players that did not 'blood dope' where they store blood from high altitude training, apparently legal in tennis circles.

The guy was just an obsessive fanatic and I believe if he had a Lendl type coach from earlier he would have played a more aggressive style and won more slams. 

Hope the hip injury does not fuck him when he is older. 

23 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Shame, but a hip injury is a fucker. Really hoped he would get over it and play on. 

Was hearing at a sportsman's dinner about Murray being the only one of the top players that did not 'blood dope' where they store blood from high altitude training, apparently legal in tennis circles.

The guy was just an obsessive fanatic and I believe if he had a Lendl type coach from earlier he would have played a more aggressive style and won more slams. 

Hope the hip injury does not fuck him when he is older. 

Blood transfusions are not legal in tennis. 

2 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

:lol:

It was shown time and again in the biggest matches. If you choose not to see it, that's up to you. It's why he couldn't take the step up to level of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal - don't think it was actual ability that stoped him winning more grand slams.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

It was shown time and again in the biggest matches. If you choose not to see it, that's up to you. It's why he couldn't take the step up to level of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal - don't think it was actual ability that stoped him winning more grand slams.

I disagree mate.

Early in his career he did lack the mental strength of top sportsmen and often got frustrated, lost the rag.

But I believe in the last few years he learned how to control that frustration more often than not.

Those 3 players you mention are arguably the best ever to hold a racket and Murray was incredibly unlucky to be in the same era as them. All 3 unreal.

I think saying he wasn't at their level is like saying a footballer isn't at the level of Ronaldo or Messi though I get what you're saying about needing  that mental toughness to get to their level, I just disagree, I think Murray had that.  

Those 3 are just on another planet from any other tennis players........ever.

Djokovic and Federer are both freaks of nature and ridiculously good tennis players, Murray done well to win 3 slams during his career challenging those 2 and Nadal. 

I think his mental toughness was exceptional and he never knew when he was beat imo. 

He had bags of character and determination. 

Sure we can both agree that he was a genuinely proper world class sportsmen. 

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It helps though.

Think he had died the way some folk are going on, greetin on radio phone ins.

Yeah it's one less thing to worry about for sure but the guy just wanted to keep playing...frustrating that his body wouldn't allow him to do that. Deserved to go out better than this.

3 hours ago, JamieD said:

Blood transfusions are not legal in tennis. 

OK I can't remember the exact phrase the guy used I was pissed to be fair but, he was clear that Andy was dead against it, even though his peers did whatever it was. 

8 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

OK I can't remember the exact phrase the guy used I was pissed to be fair but, he was clear that Andy was dead against it, even though his peers did whatever it was. 

It's very likely that they do, yeah. It's definitely against the rules though. It was the key doping method for Lance Armstrong's last few tour wins. 

I'd be shocked if David Ferrer wasn't doing it.