Andy Murray Retires

Such a shame to be going so early, I see some people giving him shit for crying on the radio, but I imagine if you had dedicated the amount of time effort and skill that he has into this profession to then have it all cut short, I imagine you too would be a mess. The guy lives and breathes tennis ffs, of course, he will be upset that you're removing a central pillar from his life. I feel he has been quite unfortunate with the time he came into tennis when there are two other incredible players, maybe in another age, Murray would have gone on to dominate.

Who knows, hope you at least make it to Wimbledon. You have done Scotland proud Andy

Think I’m the only one here that couldn’t stick him. To be fair it wasn’t so much him as the BBC’s love affair with him. Always referred to as ‘Andy Murray’ not just Andy or just Murray and as for his mother.....ahh just makes me seethe for some reason.

Ah feel better now ...

2 minutes ago, Docspawn said:

Think I’m the only one here that couldn’t stick him. To be fair it wasn’t so much him as the BBC’s love affair with him. Always referred to as ‘Andy Murray’ not just Andy or just Murray and as for his mother.....ahh just makes me seethe for some reason.

Ah feel better now ...

Whit 🤣

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

That is intensely sad. I feel privileged to have watched him.

Me too.  Honours (knighthoods) and the word legend are scattered about too freely imo but he deserves everything he got for what he did for the British game.  THAT Wimbledon final was beyond brilliant! 

7 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

I'll just leave that here

This has nothing to do with politics.  If you think for one minute he wasn’t proud to represent GB as a proud Scot then you need your head looked at.  it is possible to be both - only in the narrow Anglophobic world that your SNP are trying to create is it impossible to be both a proud Scot and a proud Brit.

Here’s a more rounded link for you https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/sep/18/andy-murray-gb-davis-cup-scottish-vote