Andy Murray Retires

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

cant believe how quickly it all seems to have come and gone for him as well. An entire career where he has been low and then reached the hights and then its all over - in almost the blink of an eye. 

I remember staying up way late to watch his US open triumph and I remember going to the pub early to get a good seat when he won his first Wimbledon and i remember the lob over Goffin to win the Davis cup and it just seems like yesterday.

Remember watching his first ever appearance at queens club on tv he was just a boy and now its all done. I dont see him playing on after AO.

Maybe he didn't win as many slams as Fed or the top guys but ability wise he was right up there with them.

Really interesting period for tennis ahead in the next 4/5 years as the golden era retire 

Sad day for the sport

On 11/01/2019 at 08:24, left winger said:

Greatest British tennis player, ever, but not strong enough mentally, during matches, to be one of the greatest of all time. Still some career, though.

I used to say he was a choker ,many years ago 

I ended up liking him lots

The only player of all the top 4 that can give Novak a real problem when he is playing at his very peak   

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

The only player of all the top 4 that can give Novak a real problem when he is playing at his very peak   

Watch the Wimbledon victory from 2013 back. I’m no expert but he basically,  imo of course just kept the ball in play saying I’m fitter than you, I’ll outrun you, you will make mistakes before me. 

That 12-18 month after the us open win he had his number big time.

1 hour ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Watch the Wimbledon victory from 2013 back. I’m no expert but he basically,  imo of course just kept the ball in play saying I’m fitter than you, I’ll outrun you, you will make mistakes before me. 

That 12-18 month after the us open win he had his number big time.

He did mate on a lot of occasions 

If you to have a tennis player to win to save your life ..You pick Novak all day long 

Getting to no 1 says it all .He should be proud of that alone 

21 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Bit of a poor show from the australian open organisers not putting murray on any of the 2 show courts in what could possibly be his last match.

i dont know whether to watch him or not. normally I wouldn't have missed it, but when you know he is really struggling and in constant pain...dunno.

On 12/01/2019 at 16:54, eejay the dj said:

Come on now, Federer and Nadal have done that too, to be fair.

Bautista Agut is no mug by the way and being given a tough night by a half fit Murray. He’s obviously not won the majors the way the other three did / have but it just confirms to me what another tennis planet the ‘big four’ have been on and that they compete with the rest when not even fit. Can’t see tennis being the same draw when they all go but all sport goes on. 

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

Come on now, Federer and Nadal have done that too, to be fair.

I'm a massive fan of Nadal and even admire Fed

I want him to lose mostly but Noel is the best player if they all bring their A Game 

Murray could beat  him on Novaks A game on occasions .Fed and Nadal would very often come up short 

That's how I seen it and still think Novak will be the man to beat this year