Return always on mind after painful exit - Davis

.Williamson.

8 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

David Murray isn’t being welcomed back with open arms and being hailed a hero.

The goalie and Lafferty are rats aswell.

He also is missed out hugely when fans dish out abuse, when the whole problem is was his but yet the players get slaughtered and called rats. He ran us into the ground.

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I see why they did it, although wasn’t happy at the time. 

Think my stance changed when I had kids. Providing for them is the priority. Rangers was a disaster at the time. Anyone with a decent offer did what was best for them by jumping ship.

Just about anyone else would do the same in that situation.

I don’t have kids but now that i’m older and I have more commitments I’m a lot more understanding of why they did it, even if I still don’t agree with it.

I have noticed that a lot of the people who are still the most vocal about it are people who tend to be younger, and in most cases, don’t have those sort of commitments. It’s easy for say an 18/19 year college student who still stays at home to say there’s no way I would have walked out but I would suspect that their stance will probably soften as they get older too.

23 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I see why they did it, although wasn’t happy at the time. 

Think my stance changed when I had kids. Providing for them is the priority. Rangers was a disaster at the time. Anyone with a decent offer did what was best for them by jumping ship. 

Just about anyone else would do the same in that situation.

What the actual fuck

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t have kids but now that i’m older and I have more commitments I’m a lot more understanding of why they did it, even if I still don’t agree with it.

I have noticed that a lot of the people who are still the most vocal about it are people who tend to be younger, and in most cases, don’t have those sort of commitments. It’s easy for say an 18/19 year college student who still stays at home to say there’s no way I would have walked out but I would suspect that their stance will probably soften as they get older too.

Or maybe it's about having principals, loyalty and devotion to a club you've supported all your days. 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Dont get this argument at all. 

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Well you're wrong and all I've taken from this post is you aren't the guy in his 40's that I thought you were 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's fine, just don't hit us with the boyhood Rangers fan patter. 

He probably was a boyhood Rangers fan tbh. 

If i worked for Rangers but got offered a higher paid job elsewhere, i would leave, and I'm a season ticket holder.

It's easy people saying it's not comparable because it's not a normal job, but to a footballer, with a short career, that is their normal job. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t like what Davis and the rest of them did, and he hasn’t helped himself with that interview, but at the same time I can’t wait until a couple of weeks time when he’s played a few games and the number of posts about how he’s a rat reduce (and they will because you barely see them about Lafferty or McGregor now). They are tiresome as fuck.

I agree with that. I’ll no change my opinion on any of them but if they’re doing the business then they’ll get my support until they leave and then they’re back to being rats 😉

Most of the players left without taking a swipe at the club. They had mortgages to pay, families to think of and a short career to pay for it all. Would you have trusted the cunts that bought the Club? Self serving con-men who would no doubt have pocketed any transfer fees anyhow.

I was angry when they left but have got over it now. He is a Rangers player, don't cheer him if you don't forgive him. Calling him a rat is piss poor unimaginative  patter, boring and derails threads. Folk will still do it though as it gets the the odd rep, some attention and makes them feel staunch.

Time to move on.

39 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Dont get this argument at all. 

See five or six years ago I would never have said that but now that i’m a bit older my stance has soften slightly. Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t agree with what they did and I would never go so far as to defend it but I understand why they did it more than I used to (Naismith and Whittaker can GTF forever though. That press conference will always be unforgivable).

1 hour ago, Sket said:

Well,imo he is a jump the dyke. That doesnt mean im going to chase him down the street and hurl abuse at him.

He's been brought here to do a job,hopefully he does it then he can go on his merry way. He'll always be tarnished in my mind,along with the rest of them.

I class a jump the dyke as someone who plays for the beggars after us, not what he did.

I wouldn't heartily cheer him or applaud when his name is read out, if he scores a goal I will cheer as it's a goal for Rangers, when he is subbed I won't stand up and applaud. Been the exact same for the other 2 who returned.

If they help deliver 55 will I forgive them? it will be tough but collectively maybe, will I ever forget how bad I felt and how much anger I had for them when they left? Absolutely fucking not.

I'm not saying you specifically btw, that's your thoughts and tbf If I had that thought about anybody I wouldn't chase them down the street to tell them. If I had the amount of hatred some have on here for them I absolutely would chase them down the street to hurl the abuse at them.

15 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Most of the players left without taking a swipe at the club. They had mortgages to pay, families to think of and a short career to pay for it all. Would you have trusted the cunts that bought the Club? Self serving con-men who would no doubt have pocketed any transfer fees anyhow.

I was angry when they left but have got over it now. He is a Rangers player, don't cheer him if you don't forgive him. Calling him a rat is piss poor unimaginative  patter, boring and derails threads. Folk will still do it though as it gets the the odd rep, some attention and makes them feel staunch.

Time to move on.

See tbh, I was offered lots of jobs earning an awful lot more money when I finished my apprenticeship but liked my home comforts and getting home at a decent time from work every night.

I stayed loyal to my employer long term and have been happy all my life so not sure the money argument stacks up, it only would if you were greedy.

30 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Jesus. I know I’m a boring bastard but I didn’t think I came across as middle aged boring :lol:

Don't worry about it mate, like everyone thought @cushynumber was about 30 but it turned out he's in his 50's with a son of near 30 that's only learnt to drive recently