Return always on mind after painful exit - Davis

.Williamson.

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's literally all they had to do, nobody hates Maurice Edu e.g for leaving, because he left in the right way.

I hate Bocanegra and Goian for demanding a large pay-off when the club was on it's arse and they stayed to see what they could get.

I personally feel they were told, off the record, that had they stayed the club would have not suvived long enough to do the share issue etc as the wages would have been unsustainable. 

At the time nobody knew what was happening and they could have actually thought they were doing right by leaving at that time, easy saying they should have just transferred over and got the club the fee etc. Buying clubs could have waited a few weeks while the club paid out massive wages and liquidation could have been brought on rapidly.

Always felt there was more to this than meets the eye mate, but still hated them for leaving us.

I think there’s only a handful of people (and the supporters) who come out of what happened in 2012 with any credibility or dignity tbh.

We had players who were supporters who walked away and stabbed the fans in the back.

We had players and staff who stayed but took a criminally high wage for the level of football we were playing at.

We were being run by people who only had their own interests at heart and who ultimately only wanted to be at the club to serve their own interest.

It’s just a toxic period that i’d rather forget about in all honesty.

Being a fan is one thing, being an employee is another.

The loyalty stretches as far as the pay packet and why wouldn't it?

Any sign of an uncertain future, the feelers are out and you're off. Employers are ruthless when they need to be and it matters not how long or how well you have served them as when the time comes, you are down the road with all the rest.

We were a trainwreck ar the time, so I can't see the issue.

19 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

They could've waited, but who knows what offers they were getting then, if any at all. If a larger fee was involved, that could've affected any transfer. 

They were fully fledged internationalists in the prime of their careers, of course they were going to get offers. 

Look at the end of the day we can sit and go through it all again but the one overriding factor for me in all of this and it probably makes me more sick than anything, is that they've had 7 years to come out and give their version of events and they didn't, until they come back funnily enough. 

Lafferty with his whole I had to leave Glasgow because of sectarianisms and now Davis with his busy schedule pish, tell the truth and maybe some will start to forgive them but don't take the absolute cunt out of us. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

They were fully fledged internationalists in the prime of their careers, of course they were going to get offers. 

Look at the end of the day we can sit and go through it all again but the one overriding factor for me in all of this and it probably makes me more sick than anything, is that they've had 7 years to come out and give their version of events and they didn't, until they come back funnily enough. 

Lafferty with his whole I had to leave Glasgow because of sectarianisms and now Davis with his busy schedule pish, tell the truth and maybe some will start to forgive them but don't take the absolute cunt out of us. 

Footballers aren't fans like the rest of us mate, most of the time they'll go to the highest bidder, and loyalty won't come into it.  

A few have given interviews since leaving, but they can only say so much about it i would imagine, and after 7 years, they've probably not given it a second thought for a long time tbh.

Just now, BlueMe said:

Footballers aren't fans like the rest of us mate, most of the time they'll go to the highest bidder, and loyalty won't come into it.  

A few have given interviews since leaving, but they can only say so much about it i would imagine, and after 7 years, they've probably not given it a second thought for a long time tbh.

I've mentioned it before that that's perfectly fine, as long as they don't hit us with the boyhood Rangers fan nonsense. 

"i always thot i could come crawling back once Rangers were competing for the title"

I dont like the fact hes back but the other 2 traitors have proven me wrong so ill accept it but Davis should shut his and do his talking on the pitch instead of pretending he didn't jump ship and that our support have short memories. I don't want to hear how it hurt him so much and how he loves Rangers so much because the fact is he loves money more than Rangers and he's earned plenty since leaving and were giving him plenty to return which is the only reason he has come back

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

"i always thot i could come crawling back once Rangers were competing for the title"

I dont like the fact hes back but the other 2 traitors have proven me wrong. but at least they kept their mouths shut, Davis should shut it and do his talking on the pitch instead of pretending he didn't jump ship and that our support have short memories

Lafferty said in his RTV interview that he was badly advised, his mouth wasn’t kept shut.

30 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Was just going to mention them. Lauded for “doing the right thing” when in reality they had no intention of staying, were too old to make us a few or ever come back when we got back to the top and ultimately just wanted to milk us for a pay off before they fucked off. Think it cost us £1,000,000 to get rid of them in the end IIRC.

Some of our fans don't realize just what a terrible situation we were in. Expecting to keep senior international players at the caliber of Davis is just naive. 

10 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Some of our fans don't realize just what a terrible situation we were in. Expecting to keep senior international players at the caliber of Davis is just naive. 

What I think is even more naive is people who still think that it would have been the club rather than certain individuals within it who would have benefited from any transfer fee if they had TUPE’d over and then moved on.

5 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

No one expected them to stay and play in div 3, we expected them to TUPE over to the new company so we could receive a fee for them. We received a fee for Davis but that was after hed left and hed have left regardless. I didn't expect them to stay, I did expect that theyd eventually come crawling back and that our support would forget everything they did and what they cost us.

I certainly don't care to hear their bullshit about how much they love Rangers and wanted to come back, they left for the money and have came back for the money. All these sob stories just make them look pathetic and make the fans look gullible

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Schedule was too busy 😂 liked the bit about landing us a fee as well, only because Southampton were good guys and fuck all to do with the player 

exactly. He jumped ship. Then Southampton did the right thing. Had fuck all to do with Davis

32 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think there’s only a handful of people (and the supporters) who come out of what happened in 2012 with any credibility or dignity tbh.

We had players who were supporters who walked away and stabbed the fans in the back.

We had players and staff who stayed but took a criminally high wage for the level of football we were playing at.

We were being run by people who only had their own interests at heart and who ultimately only wanted to be at the club to serve their own interest.

It’s just a toxic period that i’d rather forget about in all honesty.

Good post btw

i have always thought we couldn’t win during this period. Players leaving were rats but what about if they had stayed and took a wage when we couldn’t afford it       ( McCoist as a bad example)

it was what it was I’m pragmatic about the whole thing and have consigned it to the back of my brain.  I couldn’t give a fuck about who we hire as I trust the Gaffer, as long as we see success 

9 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

No one expected them to stay and play in div 3, we expected them to TUPE over to the new company so we could receive a fee for them. We received a fee for Davis but that was after hed left and hed have left regardless. I didn't expect them to stay, I did expect that theyd eventually come crawling back and that our support would forget everything they did and what they cost us.

I certainly don't care to hear their bullshit about how much they love Rangers and wanted to come back, they left for the money and have came back for the money. All these sob stories just make them look pathetic and make the fans look gullible

Who would have benefited from that? Only now is this football club recovering and running again. In patients terms we are in remission. 

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I've mentioned it before that that's perfectly fine, as long as they don't hit us with the boyhood Rangers fan nonsense. 

Scott Brown was apparently a boyhood Rangers fan, so was Scott Allan and a few others who've played for them. Being a supporter means something completely different to a proffesional footballer.

Can't be many fucking mirrors in Glasgow.

Don't ask the fucking question and you won't be so disappointed.

Just wtf do we want these guys to say?

I couldn't stand the Rangers. I'm done and I'm only back for the money?! I'm so sorry minty and whyte turned us over and put both mine and my family's future in jeopardy. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry. Didn't trust that crook Green. I'm so sorry that I went to another club and trebled  my wages and if you all get out your knobs, I'll suck youz dry! 

They left a business in turmoil. An uncertain future. Mouths to feed and money to be made. WTF would you do? Stay around and trust a crook like Green? Aye nay fucking bother!

NAW! You take the highest bidder and get to fuck out of Dodge in a fast black, unless you are a talentless utter moron with no ambition.

So let's end all this hypocrisy and tell McGregor, Davis and Lafferty to GTF. That'll sort it and ensure we win fuck all. Happy bunnies now?! 

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Good post btw

i have always thought we couldn’t win during this period. Players leaving were rats but what about if they had stayed and took a wage when we couldn’t afford it       ( McCoist as a bad example)

it was what it was I’m pragmatic about the whole thing and have consigned it to the back of my brain.  I couldn’t give a fuck about who we hire as I trust the Gaffer, as long as we see success 

One of my first posts outside the match threads was along those lines. I said something like we couldn’t slate the ones who left, calling them rats etc. while abusing the ones who stayed and calling them wage thieves. It was an absurd situation. I was then accused of being “one of them” for some reason I’ve still yet to fathom.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Scott Brown was apparently a boyhood Rangers fan, so was Scott Allan and a few others who've played for them. Being a supporter means something completely different to a proffesional footballer.

They were never Rangers fans, think that's pretty obvious tbh. 

31 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

exactly. He jumped ship. Then Southampton did the right thing. Had fuck all to do with Davis

Do you think we would've received a higher fee than £800k for Davis when he's playing in the bottom tier of Scottish football for a team not only desperate to sell, but needing to sell?

We allegedly got £300k from Stoke for Edu, who was a 26 year old international. 

16 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

One of my first posts outside the match threads was along those lines. I said something like we couldn’t slate the ones who left, calling them rats etc. while abusing the ones who stayed and calling them wage thieves. It was an absurd situation. I was then accused of being “one of them” for some reason I’ve still yet to fathom.

So it was fine to call them rats until the day they came crawling back? Wouldn't surprise me if we sell Naismith next

I dont want them to say a thing. I want them to come and keep their mouth shut and play well, maybe they'll redeem themselves like McGregor maybe has, if not then i want them to do their job then leave so we never have to think about them again.