Return always on mind after painful exit - Davis

.Williamson.

3 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

So it was fine to call them rats until the day they came crawling back? Wouldn't surprise me if we sell Naismith next

I dont want them to say a thing. I want them to come and keep their mouth shut and play well, maybe they'll redeem themselves like McGregor maybe has, if not then i want them to do their job then leave so we never have to think about them again.

I’ve no idea how this relates to my post.

6 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Mate, You do realise that I brought my own work circumstances into it to counter the old argument about them having lifestyles to uphold and bills to pay because the more they earn the more they spend etc.

My tongue was firmly lodged in my cheek and I'm surprised at the people who backed the players to go on ahead and leave as it's a short career etc.

:lol:

Sorry mate I was replying to no one in particular .... my post was more generic than specific .... I actually only read your post after you quoted me twice with specific sentences from my overall post.

:UK:

13 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

Sorry mate I was replying to no one in particular .... my post was more generic than specific .... I actually only read your post after you quoted me twice with specific sentences from my overall post.

:UK:

Yeah mate I knew that but just wanted to clarify my posts with you. You know fine well what I'm like anyway so I didn't expect you to take them too seriously:lol:

As some here have said, I was not too fussed either way when he signed... in fact I was a warming to it.  That interview has really not done him any favours though and it actually reminds me of how angry I was in 2012 when he was one of the first to bail out on us.

If he'd done that interview and said something along the lines of "I understand the fans frustrations and I apologise" then fine but that there was nonsense.  

In any case he is back now and if he takes us to 55 then fine but the the painful memories will never leave me 

Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes. Davis didn't create the shitstorm, he was a victim of it. Professional footballers will always look after themselves and very few would have sacrificed their careers if put in that situation. Yeah we'd all like to think in that situation we'd have stood by the club but sadly the reality is players think like players and fans think like fans. Bob Malcolm and wee Novo are testement to what can happen if you make bad choices and Lee Wallace sacrificed his international career and never reached his true potential. 

19 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

no one complained at folk calling them rats or traitors until we decided to sign them again

Well I did. Those that left were called rats while those that stayed were called wage thieves. Players were in a lose-lose situation. It was ridiculous and unfair and some of those who stayed must have regretted it at times.

If I was at the peak of my career and suddenly found myself with a club with an uncertain future, ending up in the lowest league, facing wage cuts, no international recognition and being spoken about as if I was somebody’s personal property then I think I would have put myself, my family and my career first and, going by the reaction by a number of fans to those who left or stayed, probably wouldn’t have looked back.

If the club are then foolish enough to chase after former players six years later when they are clearly on the decline, with some who weren’t even good enough first time round, while throwing piles of cash at them then some are clearly going to pander to the more easily swayed contingent of the support and trot out the usual soundbites and await the predictable cries of “bring him home” while waiting for the cheque to clear.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Well I did. Those that left were called rats while those that stayed were called wage thieves. Players were in a lose-lose situation. It was ridiculous and unfair and some of those who stayed must have regretted it at times.

If I was at the peak of my career and suddenly found myself with a club with an uncertain future, ending up in the lowest league, facing wage cuts, no international recognition and being spoken about as if I was somebody’s personal property then I think I would have put myself, my family and my career first and, going by the reaction by a number of fans to those who left or stayed, probably wouldn’t have looked back.

If the club are then foolish enough to chase after former players six years later when they are clearly on the decline, with some who weren’t even good enough first time round, while throwing piles of cash at them then some are clearly going to pander to the more easily swayed contingent of the support and trot out the usual soundbites and await the predictable cries of “bring him home” while waiting for the cheque to clear.

This.

Put yourself in the players shoes and then think what you'd do.

16 hours ago, ready1873 said:

He seems to lack the passion and enthusiasm of shagger and Lafferty which isn't endearing either. 

Better prove himself and help us lift the title. 

Nice like count mate:tu:

When you hear McGregor interviewed he doesn't sound enthusiastic or passionate imo.

It's what they do on the pitch that counts tbh.

On 11/01/2019 at 18:13, BlueMe said:

Do you think we would've received a higher fee than £800k for Davis when he's playing in the bottom tier of Scottish football for a team not only desperate to sell, but needing to sell?

We allegedly got £300k from Stoke for Edu, who was a 26 year old international. 

Exactly mate, if you have your eye on an appliance and the shop goes into admin you would wait to see how cheap you could get it knowing it had to go anyway.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Exactly mate, if you have your eye on an appliance and the shop goes into admin you would wait to see how cheap you could get it knowing it had to go anyway.

Edu is considered a hero for staying, even though he probably cost the club more because he did stay. 

15 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Edu is considered a hero for staying, even though he probably cost the club more because he did stay. 

100% correct. If the players decided to tupe over and insist on their contracts being met we would have been bust within months.