Return always on mind after painful exit - Davis

.Williamson.

4 hours ago, The Ghost said:

Well I did. Those that left were called rats while those that stayed were called wage thieves. Players were in a lose-lose situation. It was ridiculous and unfair and some of those who stayed must have regretted it at times.

If I was at the peak of my career and suddenly found myself with a club with an uncertain future, ending up in the lowest league, facing wage cuts, no international recognition and being spoken about as if I was somebody’s personal property then I think I would have put myself, my family and my career first and, going by the reaction by a number of fans to those who left or stayed, probably wouldn’t have looked back.

If the club are then foolish enough to chase after former players six years later when they are clearly on the decline, with some who weren’t even good enough first time round, while throwing piles of cash at them then some are clearly going to pander to the more easily swayed contingent of the support and trot out the usual soundbites and await the predictable cries of “bring him home” while waiting for the cheque to clear.

Know what your saying but I would like a couple more players clearly on the decline if they can play like McGregor. Will wait and see how Davis does. Lafferty can leave any time. 

20 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Edu is considered a hero for staying, even though he probably cost the club more because he did stay. 

Goian and Bocanegra, even to this day, still get praise for staying loyal even though they would have still been getting big wages and eventually paid a large sum of money to leave.

Obviously he’s a different player now that he is older but it’s interesting to look at Davis assist stats from the last time he was here.

07/08 4 assists (6th most at the club but signed in January)

08/09 8 assists (2nd most Miller first)

09/10 14 assists (1st)

10/11 7 assists (1st)

11/12 13 assists (1st)

Sort of puts the whole “I don’t remember him being that creative” argument that some people have been coming with to bed a little bit IMO.