In The OF line up of heroes .Who drops out for Davis and Defoe 🤔

eejay the dj

14 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Big fan of McCrorie but Jack is ahead of him just now

I think they are a different style of player. McCrorie is a ferocious tackler, wins every ball in the air and relies on athelticism to get close down and then drive play.

Jack is more considered, defensively his positioning is very good and he plays short safe passes to keep the ball. 

I think with Davis in the team he's in Jack's spot. Where does Jack go when Davis is taking it deep and starting all the moves.  I think McCrorie has skills that better compliment Davis. 

It's good to be able to argue about two decent players. And btw, Kamara is a ball winner and carrier with no shortage of skill in possession. He might be the best of the 3 in time 

Don't want to be too cynical here but as much as Davis and Defoe have been brought in to strengthen the squad and have more competition for places there is a part of me that thinks they have been brought in for cover as much as anything else as I somehow doubt we will see the season out with no more red cards, Could just be paranoid though.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Worrall Barisic

Jack 

Arfield.            Davis 

Defoe  Morelos  Kent

I reckon the gaffer is going to try and play a front 3 the way Liverpool do. Inside fowards and interchangeable. 

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

McGregor

Tav Goldson Worrall Barisic

Jack 

Arfield.            Davis 

Defoe  Morelos  Kent

I reckon the gaffer is going to try and play a front 3 the way Liverpool do. Inside fowards and interchangeable. 

Defoe aint going to be interchanging with anyone

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Defoe aint going to be interchanging with anyone

He has done in the past, I'd expect he'd occupy the centre mostly for or obvious reasons or inside right switching with Morelos. I expect his movement will be exceptional 

56 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

McGregor 

Tav          Goldson    Katic         Barisic 

Jack

Davis                Arfield 

Candeias                                       Kent 

Morelos 

That would be my team, with Defoe replacing Morelos or starting ahead of him in some games.

We could try two up front at some point with Candeias dropping out for Defoe, but i like Morelos as a lone striker tbh.

Spot on imo.

3 hours ago, trueblueal said:

McGregor

Tav     Goldson  Worral   Barisic 

Davis               McCrorie

Arfield 

Morleos Defoe      Kent 

Jack will play. 

There’s no way SG is going to play Morelos on the right. We’d lose way too much of his play/what he does for the team and he’d almost certainly lose confidence. It’s just not his game/position and he can’t be shoehorned into it. It’d be utter madness.

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Same here but its not easy 

And that's the way it should be at Rangers 

Rather have many players meriting a place than only a few. Good position to be in. I said months ago this was the first likeable Rangers squad and I stand by that, they just get it. 

I'm not convinced that Davis And Defoe are the messiah but let's wait and see. If they are the inclusion then it is at the expense of McCrorie and Candeias and perhaps Worrall for a fit Mcauley. None of them deserve to lose their spot after a colossal display but football can be cruel at times. Anyone who thinks Jack should be dropped know nothing.