Reflection on the Warburton era

Ben10

14 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

I dont think we ever recovered from that final, i know i havent. It cast a dark shadow over the upcoming season and i think things would have went differently going into the premiership after winning the Scottish cup. 

Nail on the head with this part 

And like you said .Our past managers divides  opinion 

Thank fuck all 3 of our utterly garbage managers are well and truly in the past 

17 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

His lack of ability to change a game and change tactics was a trait that was never going to be addressed. Ultimately, it cost him at us and Forrest. 

His possesion game was nice, but i remember watching games being bored with our passing accross the park and lack of creativity. Not sure much would have changed/progressed under him amd he under-estimated the premier league thinking league 2 England players would have cut it.

Exactly this. The ideology was great, if your Barca or Man City, but he never had the personnel to play a total football way of playing without adapting to games that your philosophy wasn’t working. 

We looked good at times in the championship and I bought into at first but ultimately that’s why he’s not been inundated with job offers since Forest. 

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He got us out of a league that we struggled to the year before playing probably the best football since Advocaat.

He seriously misjudged the quality of the SPFL Premiership and should have completely overhauled the squad in the summer of 2016.

Not a Manager but probably a great coach/Director of Football/Head of Youth Development.

Agreed he’s still got a part to play in football, and the fact he gave up his city career to follow his dream is commendable, ultimately I think the top job is probably beyond him at the moment but as you say a development role would probably be ideal 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Got us out of that league but the fact we lifted the championship title by drawing 1-1 with Alloa says it all for me

Fair point. Had forgotten that as I have so much of the lower leagues. Mainly through going to the games mangled to ease the pain of what I was watching ha ha 

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

Fair point. Had forgotten that as I have so much of the lower leagues. Mainly through going to the games mangled to ease the pain of what I was watching ha ha 

I had stupidly only drank pints that afternoon so I'll never forget that game because I was dying for a piss as Halliday missed a penalty 

We played some very good football under MW and it was a good season to be honest.  One i look back on with good memories for both Rangers and personal reasons.  The sticking point was the SC final.

He was found out quite quickly but when his style was played to the letter and our defenders (Kiernan still gives me nightmares) played well, we could beat anyone and almost proved it against them albeit we won on pens.

The difference between him and SG is one is a serial winner who looks hell bent on continuing that success and the other was about learning from mistakes and asking for time.

Even though he left on bad terms and the wheels came off a bit I still quite like him. Never has a bad word to say about us and I think he’s good enough to hold down a job. It’s baffling to me that he doesn’t have one tbh when you see some of the managers who continually gain employment.

8 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I couldn’t honestly tell you that he had ffs that’s shocking 😂😂😂

Aye that's why I mind it so well and it's the first time I ever sat in the main stand and experienced those seats that are essentially trying to kneecap you with the lack of fucking leg room 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye that's why I mind it so well and it's the first time I ever sat in the main stand and experienced those seats that are essentially trying to kneecap you with the lack of fucking leg room 

Aye not the best mate, especially if your like me and jump up at every contentious looking challenge or break for us ha ha. We sit in the west enclosure for the last 8 years, got my seat move from the Copland to just by the away duh out right by the front as soon as TLB took over the taigs, purely for the fact I could shout abuse at him, first game v them that season the cunt got sent to the stand after 15 minutes, I was gutted ha ha 

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Was scrapping  the barrel cos he had no money to spend.

Think too many people have been over critical of him given the circumstances.

The Cup final though sadly will always be down to him.

He didn’t have a lot to spent transfer fee wise but he did waste a lot of wages on Barton, Kranjcar and Senderos

First 6 months of his tenure were golden, playing fantastic football. 

The wheels ultimately fell off at the cup final and he never recovered. 

I'll never forget his comments that nobody died after getting pumped 5-1 at the piggery, or it was just the random nature of football that we lost 4-1 at Tynecastle. 

8 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Aye not the best mate, especially if your like me and jump up at every contentious looking challenge or break for us ha ha. We sit in the west enclosure for the last 8 years, got my seat move from the Copland to just by the away duh out right by the front as soon as TLB took over the taigs, purely for the fact I could shout abuse at him, first game v them that season the cunt got sent to the stand after 15 minutes, I was gutted ha ha 

Sat there with my legs folded in under the seat at a sideways angle. Brutal stuff

Its why I like my seat being in BF2, because nobody even uses their seat :lol: