Gerrard challenge to Grezda and Barisic

2 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Yeah honest to god mate. I thought he was in getting his car washed at first, then the following week he was in getting tea in the wee room with the other guys. 🤣

seemingly he has moved into a house across the road to were they all stay as well.

This is just top quality mate.

Can't believe you actually got a bite.

Can just see the back page headline in the record tomorrow

Grezdda Spotted Hanging Out With Fellow Albanians

Maybe he'd be far better just doing the usual stuff of going to the races watching TV, tweeting, and playing golf ? Just suggests to me that he likes the company of his fellow countryman and feels wee bit homesick, or just not used to living here yet. Next time you'e down there just ask him to polish up the windscreen a bit. And if he doesn't make it here gives him a potential car washer credential on his CV. Car washers over here probably earn more than the average Albanian league footballer anyway..........

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I think Grezda is much better on the right and cutting inside to pass and move or shoot.

Middleton started really well but has faded, defenders have sussed him for now but he will improve, I don't have any doubts about that because he is a great wee player and seems to be keen to learn.

The gaffer has nailed it here, Barasic has looked good but he needs to learn to cope with the physical demands and stay fit. Grezda has a lot to prove but I reckon next season he will be ready to really make his mark, well at least I hope he is.  

Middleton form will waiver,that's to be expected from a lad at 18 stepping into the first team,especially a winger. The wee man's contribution this season has been outstanding. He'll be a top player for us if we continue to develop him properly.

Remember we all wanted rid of Halliday ? 

Maybe Gerrard will work the magic again with Grezda. I certainly think he has potential, but so far has had limited time, and not quite integrated in to the team. I think a more intelligent and responsible player  is in there too. Nice contrast just now to Middleton who has basic natural ability but slight lack of discipline and awareness that experience brings

29 minutes ago, Sket said:

Middleton form will waiver,that's to be expected from a lad at 18 stepping into the first team,especially a winger. The wee man's contribution this season has been outstanding. He'll be a top player for us if we continue to develop him properly.

Aye his delivery from wide is absolutely fantastic and his finishing is really composed and clinical for such a young player and not a striker either.

I expect really big things of him in the future, don't want us to put to much pressure on the lad and we maybe did that when we had to rely on him because of injuries. With more quality in the squad now and hopefully players coming back soon I think we might see less of him but he will be more effective when we do see him, if that makes any sense?

Interesting that SG feels the need to single these 2 players out for the 'must improve a lot' public messaging.   I agree with his assessment that they both need to do all the can to get over their injuries, apply themselves in training to indicate they are worth a place in the team, and when they get the chance of to play first team football to make the very  best of the opportunities.    Its football at a big Club.   Perform and deliver consistently or you wither away into lesser football and that's the end of it.   

The second half of the season is the time to prove themselves …..if they are fit enough and if they are able enough.    Maybe after a season of getting fitter and getting used to Scottish football we'll see a far improved offering from both of them next season.  But that's a big maybe for tomorrow whereas there is a league title to won this season.

Why single out these two when there are others who - it could be argued - are worth a bit of knuckle-rapping in public?   Lafferty for instance - nowhere near enough of a goal-scoring contribution.   Coulibaly - cooled off after a promising start and not weighing in with enough goals from midfield.  Rossiter - is he fit for first team football?  How about a message to him that its become make or break time if he is fit again?    

Maybe SG will follow up the challenges to Grezda and Barasic with challenges to others in the squad who have a bit more to offer in the campaign to challenge for the title.  

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

For once I have to disagree, Gerrard pretty much says it word for word if you read the article. 

Fair point.  But, I’m not sure why Barisic needs to toughen up, because I’m sure he has had hamstring issues.  I’ve never seen him struggle when a game gets physical.

6 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

“Grezda has got it all to prove. He needs to push himself to prove to everyone he’s capable of being a Rangers player. “First and foremost he needs to win a shirt because at the moment the players who played against celtic have got the shirts and rightly so.

Wonder if he sticks to this and has Davis and Defoe on the bench for Cowdenbeath :lol:

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/Rangers/news/17351721.steven-gerrard-challenges-borna-barisic-and-eros-grezda-to-make-their-mark-at-Rangers-in-the-second-half-of-the-season/

Steven Gerrard challenges Borna Barisic and Eros Grezda to make their mark at Rangers in the second half of the season

By Christopher Jack  @Chris_Jack89

STEVEN GERRARD has challenged summer signings Borna Barisic and Eros Grezda to prove their quality for Rangers in the second half of the season.      

The pair made the move to Ibrox from Croatian outfit Osijek in the summer and put pen-to-paper on four-year deals with the Light Blues.

Left-back Barisic has impressed when given his chance by boss Gerrard but injuries have prevented him putting together a sustained run of performances this term. He missed the festive fixtures with Hibernian and celtic but joined up with the Gers at their winter training base in Tenerife last week.

Grezda, meanwhile, has struggled to prove himself and has been in and out of the team so far as youngster Glenn Middleton has been the back-up option to wingers Daniel Candeias and Ryan Kent. The Albanian is waiting to discover the extent of a knock picked up in training on Thursday and will continue to be assessed by Rangers’ medical team.

And boss Gerrard is keen to see the duo make an impression at Ibrox in the coming weeks and months. He said: “Borna has had a lot of injuries and Grezda came injured. This trip is almost like a reset button for both of them and need to use the next two weeks as a mini pre-season to get their bodies ready to cope with the physical demands of Scotland and the regular game schedule.  

“There’s no doubt both have got quality. Borna has shown that regularly when he’s played but we haven’t had him fit enough so he needs to get more robust.

“Grezda has got it all to prove. He needs to push himself to prove to everyone he’s capable of being a Rangers player. “First and foremost he needs to win a shirt because at the moment the players who played against celtic have got the shirts and rightly so.

“He has to show to us in the coming weeks that he wants to win a shirt back and when he gets his opportunity take it and find consistency.”

👏👏👏👏👏 Well said gaffer.

Bang on this , glad the manager recognises this coz some of the supports reaction towards how good they think  Barisic is ridiculous, he’s got a long long way to go to get to the player some of us already think he is , could he play with Hallidays bite and intensity the old firm game , just now no 

On 12/01/2019 at 13:33, Reformation Bear said:

Interesting that SG feels the need to single these 2 players out for the 'must improve a lot' public messaging.   I agree with his assessment that they both need to do all the can to get over their injuries, apply themselves in training to indicate they are worth a place in the team, and when they get the chance of to play first team football to make the very  best of the opportunities.    Its football at a big Club.   Perform and deliver consistently or you wither away into lesser football and that's the end of it.   

The second half of the season is the time to prove themselves …..if they are fit enough and if they are able enough.    Maybe after a season of getting fitter and getting used to Scottish football we'll see a far improved offering from both of them next season.  But that's a big maybe for tomorrow whereas there is a league title to won this season.

Why single out these two when there are others who - it could be argued - are worth a bit of knuckle-rapping in public?   Lafferty for instance - nowhere near enough of a goal-scoring contribution.   Coulibaly - cooled off after a promising start and not weighing in with enough goals from midfield.  Rossiter - is he fit for first team football?  How about a message to him that its become make or break time if he is fit again?    

Maybe SG will follow up the challenges to Grezda and Barasic with challenges to others in the squad who have a bit more to offer in the campaign to challenge for the title.  

Only difference between them really is that Barisic and Grezda had decent transfer fees. 

On 12/01/2019 at 08:19, Junior Soprano said:

Grezda needs to stop hanging about the car wash in Renfrew with the rest of the Albanian gypsys 

On 12/01/2019 at 09:23, Junior Soprano said:

I’m being deadly serious. He hangs about with the Albanian car wash in Renfrew. I use it every month. We take our vans in for a valet every week and 9 times out of 10 he is hanging about.

On 12/01/2019 at 10:13, Junior Soprano said:

Yeah honest to god mate. I thought he was in getting his car washed at first, then the following week he was in getting tea in the wee room with the other guys. 🤣

seemingly he has moved into a house across the road to were they all stay as well.

FFS