Brahim Hemdani - Video

julescotia

On his day, especially when he had the space and confidence he was a supreme footballer, but lacked consistency, always  had a feeling he would have performed better with another team, whether that was down to the manager at the time, the player himself or those around him I was never sure.

15 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Brilliant footballer, I don’t think he got the love he deserved from our supporters or Smith while he was here 

I beg to differ. Everyone I recall at the time recognised how pivotal he was to us, esp in Europe. He wasn’t flashy but by god he was composed 

If you were only going to score two goals then you couldn't really ask for any better. Screamer against the scum (ok big deflection), and amazing last minute goal in Europe. Oh aye and scoring in uefa cup semi final penalty shootout. 

18 hours ago, pcbear said:

I never got it with him, I read  the praise and think I might have been the only one.

I agree with you. Thought he was rubbish mostly. I get the European run argument incoming I just didn’t get it with the guy from his debut at tannidice the most negative midfielder I had seen until that point and if the pass was more than 5 yards then the ball was given away. 

50 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

If you were only going to score two goals then you couldn't really ask for any better. Screamer against the scum (ok big deflection), and amazing last minute goal in Europe. Oh aye and scoring in uefa cup semi final penalty shootout. 

Was in the East Enclosure that night and it was pissing down.

On 12/01/2019 at 15:36, pcbear said:

I never got it with him, I read  the praise and think I might have been the only one.

Nope. Vastly over rated by many of our support IMO. Time has been kind on him. Did very little the fast majority of the time.

Domestically he played 45 minutes in a League Cup final we won, and that's pretty much the extent of his honours with us. Never in a league winning outfit, and that pretty much sums him up. Never thought we'd win much with him as a regular.

The other hand was the European run, during which he was steady, no more. But overall he was uninspiring.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Nope. Vastly over rated by many of our support IMO. Time has been kind on him. Did very little the fast majority of the time.

Domestically he played 45 minutes in a League Cup final we won, and that's pretty much the extent of his honours with us. Never in a league winning outfit, and that pretty much sums him up. Never thought we'd win much with him as a regular.

The other hand was the European run, during which he was steady, no more. But overall he was uninspiring.

Really? You must remember that he was a player that played a large part in that run. Okay I understand he was no midfield magician but you do him a discredit with that summation of his input to our history surely.

6 hours ago, badjon said:

Really? You must remember that he was a player that played a large part in that run. Okay I understand he was no midfield magician but you do him a discredit with that summation of his input to our history surely.

Average player for me. Was disciplined and comfortable on the ball, which is why he played in most of those matches. He wasn't particularly special at breaking things up though, and he didn't ever do a great deal with the ball. I think there's a reason Walter basically cast him aside outside of his European role for that season. He knew we'd struggle to win anything with Hemdani there.