Daniel Candeias Appreciation Thread

Broxi

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Did he not have the most assists for us last season? 

From what I can find him and Tav both Candeias got 8 in the league last season, which is more than I can remember him getting tbh :lol: I like him though he’s a useful player to have around. I don’t get the stick he gets at all.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

From what I can find him and Tav both Candeias got 8 in the league last season, which is more than I can remember him getting tbh :lol: I like him though he’s a useful player to have around. I don’t get the stick he gets at all.

Yeah the stick seems weird, for me he is just short of whats required in attack but he makes up for that massively in defence and off the ball work, he's a grafter and a lot of times that is good enough in scottish football 

Love his work rate and his attitude. But a winger who is best known for “tracking back” doesn’t win you titles. Not enough quality/end product given how much ball he gets. Our biggest problem has been scoring enough goals. 8 in the last 11. Tav/Kent/Morelos/Arfield are enough of a threat. Candeias is the weak link out of the attacking players. Great in Europe when there is more emphasis on tracking back and he gets more time on the ball. 

Probably going to take some pelters for this example..

But Candeias played 17 scored 4 assist 3

Forrest played 18 scored 8 assist 9

This title is going to be won or lost by a handful of points.

A quality winger who gets us closer to 8 goals and 8 assists instead of 4 and 3 in the second half of the season wins us the title.

Simples

9 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

A quality winger who gets us closer to 8 goals and 8 assists instead of 4 and 3 in the second half of the season wins us the title.

Simples

But in fairness how many goals have we scored with Candeias providing a ball for Tav to make the assist? sometimes he creates the space or sends Tav away to create!!

10 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Simples

If you think upgrading Candeias is the difference between us winning the title and not then wow

4 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

If you think upgrading Candeias is the difference between us winning the title and not then wow

Absolutely could be. The problem hasn't been our defense, it's been a lack of goals. 8 in the last 11 games. 

Would you change Morelos? probably not. Tav, nope. Arfield or Kent? nope. Barisic maybe coming back gives more going forward than Halliday.

But if you want to look at where marginal gains can be made i would say its Candeias. I love the guy, he has been a great signing and has a place in the squad. But yes i absolutely believe a real quality winger could make the difference.

This league will be won by less than 6 points. Fine margins

2 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Absolutely could be. The problem hasn't been our defense, it's been a lack of goals. 8 in the last 11 games. 

Would you change Morelos? probably not. Tav, nope. Arfield or Kent? nope. Barisic maybe coming back gives more going forward than Halliday.

But if you want to look at where marginal gains can be made i would say its Candeias. I love the guy, he has been a great signing and has a place in the squad. But yes i absolutely believe a real quality winger could make the difference.

This league will be won by less than 6 points. Fine margins

We've scored 3 less than them. If we win this title it will be through desire and wanting it more than them, Candeias biggest strengths. 

11 hours ago, mus said:

But in fairness how many goals have we scored with Candeias providing a ball for Tav to make the assist? sometimes he creates the space or sends Tav away to create!!

Good point this. Just because he's not playing the final ball doesn't mean he's not helping to create the chances.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Good point this. Just because he's not playing the final ball doesn't mean he's not helping to create the chances.

Correct.  And some have mentioned the tracking back as a negative wrt attacking football.  But quite often it is to cover Tav being so far up the pitch....attacking.

3 hours ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Most under rated player at the club for years,  his work rate and fight are second to none, he is a handful for defenders, his defensive work is superb as well and the link up play between him and tav is so important to us

He won POTY, hardly underrated

On 15/01/2019 at 22:29, OrangeRab said:

Simples

I agree but it isn't just wingers. Our midfielders have not scored enough goals in the first 6 months. For all Davis further increases our quality i'm still not sure there are a lot of goals in there.