Daniel Candeias Appreciation Thread

Broxi

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Because he had a knack for being in the right place in the right time. His technical ability during general play was fucking dreadful.

I'm not really interested in discussing Pena in all honesty.  I just used him as an example of someone who had quality and but puts in no effort.  Maybe you can think of a better example.

Just now, TMB said:

I'm not really interested in discussing Pena in all honesty.  I just used him as an example of someone who had quality and but puts in no effort.  Maybe you can think of a better example.

Windass is a better example and he’s already been mentioned in the thread.

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

He’ll get 10 goals and 10 assists this season no problem, which is good for a winger. 

He's well on his way to those kind of number.  4 assists and 5 goals isn't bad halfway in to the season.  Plus, the work he puts in to pressing high up the pitch and chasing back is superhuman at times.

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

He's well on his way to those kind of number.  4 assists and 5 goals isn't bad halfway in to the season.  Plus, the work he puts in to pressing high up the pitch and chasing back is superhuman at times.

Love the guy to bits. As Cantona once observed every good team needs it’s water carriers.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It’s not falling low to show appreciation where it’s due, no need to be having a go at fellow supporters.  

No-one on here thinks he’s a superstar or will be but he’s making a terrific contribution to to our team at the moment and there’s nothing wrong with saying that. 

That’s where we disagree  I don’t think that he is anywhere close to what’s is required. Hard work can hide a multitude of failings and should be a given every time a Rangers player takes to the field. However cream always rises to the top and  the old saying Hard work only beats talent  when talent doesn’t work hard  applies to this limited player. Harsh but true !

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

He has been a brilliant signing for us. A journeyman who fairly got around finally finds a club and fans that appreciate what he can bring - and he responds to that.

That’s exactly what we have from Dan, those who claim he’s merely a talentless work horse must be watching a different guy.