Ricksen won't leave hospice

RFC55

Just now, Sparkle said:

It’s a magnificent place, which I know from family experience.  They will do everything they can - they let my sisters dogs in to visit her and they were straight in the bed beside her :happy: she loved that.

I do hope his wife and child get over asap.

Sorry to hear that sparkle x

Very sad news that his days are so badly numbered.

Some of our old players are at his side. His mates. Fellow Rangers icons. Says a lot about Fernando that so many players, supporters and of course his family love him so much.

Very brave man. Defenition of no surrender in my eyes

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Is there anything we can do as fans and decent people to pressure the Home Office to sort this thing with his wife's passport out?

Petition on the HoC site? Write to MPs?

This.

I never give a fuck about stuff like this, but this seems so fucked up.?

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Is there anything we can do as fans and decent people to pressure the Home Office to sort this thing with his wife's passport out?

Petition on the HoC site? Write to MPs?

i retweeted the sun article and pointed it out. if that will do any good...

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

A few years ago - but its a great place always needing to fundraise as they don’t get funding from anywhere else

My ex lost her mum.in a hospice. It still breaks me.and we broke up in 2002

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

i retweeted the sun article and pointed it out. if that will do any good...

There's that petition thing you can do as well. It's something like if it gets 100,000 signatures it will be considered for debate in parliament. 10,000 and the government will respond.

Obviously nobody gives a fuck about it being debated in parliament, but if it puts some pressure on it could be worthwhile.

https://petition.parliament.uk/

That was so heart breaking to read that. I'm absolutely delighted to see that he is receiving the best care over here and made to feel comfortable for the rest of his life here. I feel horrible writing that there but in all honestly we all knew that he was never going to make a full recovery with this horrible disease and he has surpassed expectations regarding how much time he has left. I sincerely hope that Fernando's wife can get her passport issue resolved as soon as possible so he can get to see his Wife and daughter again and be that rock that they are for him and give him that extra strength to carry on. Fuck I think I'm going on a bit noo.

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

There's that petition thing you can do as well. It's something like if it gets 100,000 signatures it will be considered for debate in parliament. 10,000 and the governement will respond.

Obviously nobody gives a fuck about it being debated in parliament, but if it puts some pressure on it could be worthwhile.

https://petition.parliament.uk/

If it gets reported in the papers at least that will raise awareness. I wonder what nationality she is that there’s a problem.

25 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Liked a few posts on here but hate doing it. But some of the points are fantastic in.here.

A real shame genuinely 

What's not to like. No need to feel guilt. The messages and understanding and best wishes on here, including yours, are heartfelt and sincere, applause to those sending them, I'm sure Fernando himself would be dishing out likes.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

If it gets reported in the papers at least that will raise awareness. I wonder what nationality she is that there’s a problem.

I'm going to start a petition on the UK Gov site.

Might be a waste of time, but it's worth a try. 

On the first screen it says I need 5 email adresses in addition to my own to start it. If anyone can be bothered please send me a PM.