Ricksen won't leave hospice

RFC55

I think I agree with an earlier post regards Fernando’s standing as a player. He was decent for us and would certainly have run through a brick wall for the club but I would never have considered him a Rangers Legend. However, looking at the way he has challenged this disease, the positivity he continues to show, I have no doubt that Fernando is a legend as a human being. Keep fighting and while it’s too late let’s hope the work he is doing to raise awareness will get us closer to a point where a cure or treatment can be found.

Been away for the weekend and saw the headline in the Sun front page this morning online, I must admit I have struggled to read it now I am home. Fernando is an amazing strong person and it is heartbreaking to see him now in that picture. I thought my brother in law in a care home at 55 with a brain condition was bad, but he is not deteriorating anything as bad as Fernando. It is just so sad how a fit young man has been taken down with this hellish MND disease. :depressed:

Well done to @theblueoysterbar for starting the petition, I tried to sign it but it said it will take a couple of days before I can do so. 

Fucking horrible disease that he has taken head on. It's a disease that gives me the fear

The courage he shows is rather humbling, much like he was a player. Never say die.

My heart goes out to him and the manner in which he has faced it, deserves a medal for bravery

Always distance myself from reading about Ricksen as it proper fucking kills me.

When i was at high school many moons ago my Granda baught me my first Season Ticket and Fernando was our Captain and he was such a fighter on the pitch he always went in for those hard tackles and always battled the full 90mins.

What makes this all the more sadder is his little girl cant see him or his wife. That would break my heart into pieces. 

God love you Fernando, We are all born with Rangers blood but this man was part of the many reasons i fell in love with our club.

It's sad for Fernando. He is at a place he is happy to be, but not for his wife and girl They should be there.

Is compassionate grounds not good enough to let them get the passport issue sorted sooner rather than later.

OK for his girl to visit but not to be hanging around too much watching her father like this. Just the extra comfort 

of knowing his wife can be there to comfort and support him.