Dead coach was a "paedo ringleader" and coached Chris Sutton

hawkeye

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dead-football-coach-michael-kit-carson-was-paedophile-ringleader-92ctz9bx0

Paul Rowan, Jonathan Northcroft and James Gillespie

January 13 2019, 12:01am, The Sunday Times

Football

An Irish football coach who died last week on the day his trial for sex abuse was due to begin was at the centre of a paedophile ring and may have abused hundreds of young boys during a 30-year career, according to one of his victims.

Michael “Kit” Carson, 75, was due in Peterborough Crown Court on Monday to face 12 counts of indecent assault and one of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity, but was killed when his car hit a tree between Cambridge and Newmarket in an act that may have been deliberate. The car was heading away from Peterborough.

One of the witnesses who was due to give evidence claimed that Carson — who worked mainly at Norwich, Peterborough and Cambridge — was part of a network of paedophiles who worked with young players. The ring is also said to have included Barry Bennell, who was sentenced to 30 years in prison last year for sex offences.

The witness, who was among 11 men due to give evidence, accused the Football Association of “washing its hands” of the scandal and demanded a full inquiry not just into historic offences, but also into how clubs are being run today.

He described a series of training sessions at Peterborough FC run by Carson in the 1990s, during which he would instruct boys to strip. “He would have us essentially doing a regime of exercises stripped down naked. We would start off having our Peterborough training shorts on, and he would just say, ‘Take them off. There is no point in having them on.’

“He showed pictures of penises at various stages of development. That was the key phrase: ‘I want to check your development.’ He would get us to strip down so that he could see how we were getting on. And he would try to make it like a scientific thing: ‘So you are at about this stage right now.’ It was just a facade of a coaching process which he had fashioned up.”

In the 1990s Carson, who was born in Kent to an Irish family, fostered links with Mick McCarthy, the Ireland manager, and Brian Kerr, the Irish youth manager.An Irish citizen, he is said to have played a role in convincing English-born Andy Townsend and Sean St Ledger to play for Ireland. There is no suggestion that either was a victim of abuse.

From today's Sunday Times hard copy:The last paragraph above is deleted and the following is added:

Carson was well connected in the football world and had a reputation for developing star players.When he worked at Norwich he brought on such players as Chris Sutton,who played for Norwich and Chelsea.

23 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

There's definitely a link with Barry benall and the scum ring that needs deeper investigation.

I heard a clip on TV that Benall brought kids to Scotland to play in a tournament organised by celtic. Strangely there seems little MSM appetite to investigate this.

47 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

The tournament was called the celtic Cup furfuxsake. 

That is what I was getting at mate, it's as plain as the nose on your face what they were up to.

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

I heard a clip on TV that Benall brought kids to Scotland to play in a tournament organised by celtic. Strangely there seems little MSM appetite to investigate this.

2 hours ago, They Gnu said:

I'm sure that the boys club also went to at least one tournament in England as well

28 minutes ago, Carling1873 said:

I'm sure McCaffrey admitted t sending boys down to stay with Bennell and always took diversion to the area Bennell operated in when taking kid to tournaments in England. 

Join the fuckin dots, this scandal is clearly very widely  spread. Journalists fuckin wanks.