Mark Allen Interview

BridgeIsBlue

47 minutes ago, OhW said:

Yeah, doubt Gerrard had ever heard of them.

Well, the deals for McGregor and Arfield were in place before Allen even considered Gerrard for manager.  When Katic was announced Allen said it was prof that the scouting system was working.  Now he’s taking credit for Defoe and Davis.

People won’t give Pedro credit for the Morelos signing becuas someone else  identified him.  If we’re being consistent we can’t give Gerrard credit for players he himself didn’t scout, identify, and bring to the club.

43 minutes ago, TMB said:

Well, the deals for McGregor and Arfield were in place before Allen even considered Gerrard for manager.  When Katic was announced Allen said it was prof that the scouting system was working.  Now he’s taking credit for Defoe and Davis.

People won’t give Pedro credit for the Morelos signing becuas someone else  identified him.  If we’re being consistent we can’t give Gerrard credit for players he himself didn’t scout, identify, and bring to the club.

I don't see the point in putting any kind of negative spin on it; especially if its just to defend the bullfighting wanker.

Lets be honest here, Allen and Gerrard are doing a stellar job recruitment wise.

We will reap the benefits of this when 55 comes and it will be so sweet to see the mhanky mob crumble under the pressure we will put on them in the coming months.

I expect to see Goldson, Katic and Barasic in our starting 11 for years to come until EPL clubs come knocking.. which they no doubt will if they continue to develop.

The jury is out on Grezda, if we have paid as much for him as reported then I will keep my fingers crossed he comes good but if we're trying to take Kent on a permanent deal then it may result in perhaps Middleton going out on loan which may not be a bad thing. The boy needs game time under a good man management coach.

We have plenty of dig in the middle now, Jack, Arfield, Rossiter (when fit) and McCrorie. Davis will bring that missing bit of guile and sly passes to cut open defenses and when Dorrans finally returns this will give the gaffer a major headache when it comes to selections.

I still think we need another CB, who is ours, and not on loan. And now with the additions of Jones and Kamara we are looking in a much better position than the start of the season.

Even saying that, we have "four quality forwards" to work with. Morelos, Defoe, Lafferty and Hardie (who is one I had always hoped would make the grade.

The futures bright, the futures Red, White and Blue.

55 is coming home and when it does it'll be the culmination of all of our heartache and disappointment over the last 7 years.