Ryan Jack and Kevin Thomson

4 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I actually used to think Kevin Thomson reminded me of Jeremy Clement for the short time he was at the club.

maybe because they were both left footed that reminded of him.

Also,Barry....they both wore a blue top while playing here so that kind of makes me think they were similar players too. Good shout.

On 17/01/2019 at 09:46, billythebear1986 said:

Very similar in my opinion. Old firm goal aside. They two have got to be the most similar players I have seen in modern times. Both not the quickest but read the game so well and decent energy. Although both defensive mids both can play to decent effect a little further forward. Ie when Thomson had hemdani behind him and Jack with McCrorie. 

Thomson was much more positive than jack mate , crunched into fair ball winning tackles to , your saying they’re both most similar you’ve seen  , Ryan jack would be nowhere near that Walters smiths side mate , Walter wouldn’t even contemplate signing him 

40 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Thomson gets some amount of praise in here , good player but nowhere near as good or consistant as I remember . Ian Ferguson was far better and if Jack keeps playing the way he is he will be a better player than Thomson.

Its the amount of jack praise that surprises me more in here.

22 hours ago, Badger said:

Kevin Thomson was a cracking player who had his career shortened with injury. Thomson never got to hit his peak, and his best days were behind him by the time he was 23-24 years old (given how long ago he played for us, its hard to believe he has only just turned 34).

We used to say "twice the player, half the price" when comparing him to Scott Brown.

I like Jack, I think he is a good player, but Thomson was a level above - if not for the initial serious injury Thomson would, in all likelihood, have been a legend at Rangers. In hindsight I'm certain we sold him to Middlesbrough knowing his career was going to be shortened - Thomson was a far better player than Middlesbrough.

As for the Jack v Thomson comparision. They share some similarities, but are distinct. Thomson was definitely a lot more dynamic.

Thomsons career was cut short by the medical team at Middlesborough not noticing he was playing with a broken leg for around 30 games .....

On 17/01/2019 at 17:20, Badger said:

Kevin Thomson was a cracking player who had his career shortened with injury. Thomson never got to hit his peak, and his best days were behind him by the time he was 23-24 years old (given how long ago he played for us, its hard to believe he has only just turned 34).

We used to say "twice the player, half the price" when comparing him to Scott Brown.

I like Jack, I think he is a good player, but Thomson was a level above - if not for the initial serious injury Thomson would, in all likelihood, have been a legend at Rangers. In hindsight I'm certain we sold him to Middlesbrough knowing his career was going to be shortened - Thomson was a far better player than Middlesbrough.

As for the Jack v Thomson comparision. They share some similarities, but are distinct. Thomson was definitely a lot more dynamic.

That's fucking mental, career ruined by injury, could have still be playing.