Vatican Assisted Referee

BridgeIsBlue

Scottish football is to pursue the introduction of video assistant referee technology following a summit between officials and top-flight managers.

At a meeting hosted by the Scottish FA in Perth, chief executive Ian Maxwell said there was now "a real appetite to investigate VAR".

Hibernian head coach Neil Lennon said the meeting was "very productive".

"I think the most unanimous decision was VAR, for the referees and the managers as well," he said.

John Beaton, who reported to police online threats he allegedly received following decisions made after Rangers' win over celtic last month, was one of three referees to attend the meeting at St Johnstone's McDiarmid Park.

celtic's Brendan Rodgers and Rangers' Steven Gerrard were among the managers to attend, with Lennon emerging as their spokesman.

"It was very respectful," he said. "There was a lot of humour, a lot of debate at times and I think everyone came out of it feeling better about themselves."

Lennon also suggested that compliance officer Clare Whyte, under whom the SFA's new disciplinary system has also come under criticism, had been "very impressive".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46913628

20 minutes ago, TMB said:

Lennon will be the first one slamming VAR when a decision goes against Hibs.  This is a guy who has blamed every failure he's ever had as a manager on Referees.

We could have used it to find out where that fucking coin hit him as he was holding his napper! :dance:

"Lennon also suggested that compliance officer Clare Whyte, under whom the SFA's new disciplinary system has also come under criticism, had been "very impressive".

Aye!   She's about as impressive as fucking Craig Whyte....I wonder if there is any relationship between those two.

20 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

VAR would not have changed any of the decisions the taigs were greeting about in the last game .

It's only really used for offside penalties goals etc 

Exactly ..game changers

8 hours ago, magic8ball said:

VAR would not have changed any of the decisions the taigs were greeting about in the last game .

It's only really used for offside penalties goals etc 

That would depend what the VAR Ref is told to look out for. Will they be told to watch for off the ball incidents and inform the Ref. 

15 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Would the McGregor hand ball have been looked at under VAR? That would have been pretty ironic. Despite all their moaning VAR could potentially have only given us a pen!

correct. possibly the only decision that could be altered during the game .

22 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

This is why I'm against the use of technology. 

First it gets used for offside penalties goals .things like that .

Once it's in place you get debatable things happening .Managers start moaning that the tech is in place to look at further incidents .

Next thing you know every single time there's a pass and any form of contact and the VAR comes into play and there's no football just folk waiting on decisons 

It's widely been mentioned on here that during the game against the tarriers that Walker was talking during the game that the ref was having a great game .Only when social media kicked in and the BBC have their one sided highlights of the game did the moaning start .VAR can only be used for incidents that have just happened .And on things that are black and white and not things that are can be judged on a matter of opinion .

Getting right out of hand right now and it all goes back to the tarriers being very bad losers .they know they were well beaten on the pitch but they still want to find a way to morally win the game .

Scumbag behaviour from a scumbag breeding 

There in lies the problem, you just know the taigs are going to ask for all incidents to be included. 

When it should just be goals/offsides/pens. 

Although I would up for tackles that are borderline Reds getting looked at by the VAR  

47 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Would the McGregor hand ball have been looked at under VAR? That would have been pretty ironic. Despite all their moaning VAR could potentially have only given us a pen!

The perfect example for VAR. 

Cost & time of training current refs.

Cost & time of finding, training new refs because there’s not enough.

Cost setting up proper cameras in stadiums.

Adding over £1m cost to Scottish football every year to run it.

I can’t see it happening and if it does it will be some half arsed attempt.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Been a few times VAR would have been handy for us. Lafferty chalked off goal vs Dundee springs to mind as well. 

But I can only see a cheap half arsed attempt at VAR coming in if the SFA track record is anything to go by. 

40 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

There in lies the problem, you just know the taigs are going to ask for all incidents to be included. 

When it should just be goals/offsides/pens. 

Although I would up for tackles that are borderline Reds getting looked at by the VAR  

Maybe they can get special VAR system that detects if any refs are not of the taig loving persuasion .

This has nothing to do with seeking parity for me with them IMO

52 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Been a few times VAR would have been handy for us. Lafferty chalked off goal vs Dundee springs to mind as well. 

But I can only see a cheap half arsed attempt at VAR coming in if the SFA track record is anything to go by. 

Are BT still offering to do the trial period?