Ryan Hardie New Deal

BlueKnight87

Keep giving him a year, keep loaning him out for that year, he keeps impressing on loan. Repeat the next year. Give him a longer deal or sell him. Can see him eventually leaving on a free. We'll lose a talented young player for nothing 

I can see the value of loaning him out again for the remainder of this season but we either have to take a chance on him next or let him go. 

I really like him and hope he makes it with us. He appears to have great instincts and natural ability. 

Imagine the pace and counter-attacking potential in a front three of Hardie, Kent and (by some miracle) Morelos next season. 

He's long been regarded by many at youth level as an incredibly instinctive & natural finisher but he's not a Morelos type player at all.

Hardie will run the channels & go in behind brilliantly but he won't be the best at holding the ball up.

Different player meaning different style of play.

23 hours ago, hooooootchy said:

Keep giving him a year, keep loaning him out for that year, he keeps impressing on loan. Repeat the next year. Give him a longer deal or sell him. Can see him eventually leaving on a free. We'll lose a talented young player for nothing 

I know what you mean, and last year I would have agreed but on the horizon now has to be the realisation that Morelos may be off at the end of this season with decent money coming in. We won't be able to keep him forever. We need to have options and Hardie should be one of those. He's scored goals at Championship level and now is doing well in the SPL so it makes sense to keep him on our books and see how he develops to give us a choice in future. If he scores consistently in the league over the second half of the season it gives us a decision to make in the Summer.  

23 hours ago, hooooootchy said:

He could’ve left on a free in the summer, this means if we do sell him we can recoup a bit of cash. 

30 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I know what you mean, and last year I would have agreed but on the horizon now has to be the realisation that Morelos may be off at the end of this season with decent money coming in. We won't be able to keep him forever. We need to have options and Hardie should be one of those. He's scored goals at Championship level and now is doing well in the SPL so it makes sense to keep him on our books and see how he develops to give us a choice in future. If he scores consistently in the league over the second half of the season it gives us a decision to make in the Summer.  

I understand that, I think he should be given a longer contract. The fact we keep giving him only one year then loaning him out the full year annoys me. 

23 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He could’ve left on a free in the summer, this means if we do sell him we can recoup a bit of cash. 

Yeah I get that. I just think we keep giving him 1 year then loaning him out the year, he keeps impressing then we do the same. If he's good enough, give him a proper contract and a look at the first team. If he's not good enough then get rid. Can see him being frustrated n leaving for nothing next year 

46 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

Yeah I get that. I just think we keep giving him 1 year then loaning him out the year, he keeps impressing then we do the same. If he's good enough, give him a proper contract and a look at the first team. If he's not good enough then get rid. Can see him being frustrated n leaving for nothing next year 

He impressed in the championship last year and has a good six months in the premier league. One year contract is fine for us and the player.