Who’s the player?

Escobar

48 minutes ago, Don54 said:

My money would be on Herrera, Nicholl became assistant manager in January 2018. In the 20 games played between January and the end of the season Herrera made 2 subs appearances totalling 43 mins, 10 games on the bench and not used and 8 games never made the squad

Fits the bill except he said the player had natural talent the other boys didn't. Also Herrera would struggle with understanding Jimmy.

25 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Why did he play like he didn't give a fuck when coming on for Morelos then? 

He was probably gutted because he will only ever be rated in Scotland. 

The love for Cummings was strange from some of our support, when he had really done fuck all to note, apart from performing against one of our worst defences ever. 

Your first point isn’t true.  In fact, Cummings first goal came against Ross County where Morelos was ineffective for about 80mins.  Cummings came on for Morelos, reiceived the ball at the halfway line, and ran all the way up the pitch to score the winning goal.  He wasn’t very effective as a lone striker but to say he didn’t “give a fuck” isn’t true.  He loved it here.

He was gutted not to stay at Rangers because he was only ever rated in Scotland?  No, he actually enjoyed playing for the club.

Your level of hate for him is unusual.  He came in on loan, scored a few goals for us, but was never going to fit in to a one striker formation.  He’s a penalty box player and needs a strike partner.  We part ways and move on I wish him all the best.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Your first point isn’t true.  In fact, Cummings first goal came against Ross County where Morelos was ineffective for about 80mins.  Cummings came on for Morelos, reiceived the ball at the halfway line, and ran all the way up the pitch to score the winning goal.  He wasn’t very effective as a lone striker but to say he didn’t “give a fuck” isn’t true.  He loved it here.

He was gutted not to stay at Rangers because he was only ever rated in Scotland?  No, he actually enjoyed playing for the club.

Your level of hate for him is unusual.  He came in on loan, scored a few goals for us, but was never going to fit in to a one striker formation.  He’s a penalty box player and needs a strike partner.  We part ways and move on I wish him all the best.

I don't hate him, just never seen what others thought they did. 

One goal doesn't really disprove my point, when it was his only one in ten league games... 

9 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

I don't hate him, just never seen what others thought they did. 

One goal doesn't really disprove my point, when it was his only one in ten league games... 

It was a very important goal and got us all three points on the night.  You said he didn't give a fuck when coming on off the bench for Morelos but he looked pretty interested to me and the fans loved it:

You say it was the only goal he got in 10 games but that's wrong also wrong.  He scored against Hearts at Ibrox:

In total he played 612 minutes of league football for us.  He also scored 4 times in the cups.  As I said, not sure why we brought him in last January as he can't play as the lone striker and that's a system Murty played from January onwards.  He wasn't a good fit for us but I wouldn't accuse him of not trying nor would I say he only liked playing for Rangers because 'he's only rated in Scotland.  Strange.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

It was a very important goal and got us all three points on the night.  You said he didn't give a fuck when coming on off the bench for Morelos but he looked pretty interested to me and the fans loved it:

You say it was the only goal he got in 10 games but that's wrong also wrong.  He scored against Hearts at Ibrox:

In total he played 612 minutes of league football for us.  He also scored 4 times in the cups.  As I said, not sure why we brought him in last January as he can't play as the lone striker and that's a system Murty played from January onwards.  He wasn't a good fit for us but I wouldn't accuse him of not trying nor would I say he only liked playing for Rangers because 'he's only rated in Scotland.  Strange.

You always brought up Fraserburgh, Hamilton and Ayr against the Windass gets goals argument, bit hypocritical when you bring up Falkirk and Ayr, no?

21 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Goss didnt come off injured he got subbed beacuse we were getting pumped 3-0 and he was a passenger and for you to suggest herrera before the likes of cummings goss & windass is laughable.

Not as laughable as Windass who made 15  starts and 2 off the bench in the 20 games from January till the end of the season

7 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I dont think it was windass in all honesty either but I just couldnt see herrera being the one mate.

I was only basing it on his lack of game time 43 mins out of 20 matches and another 10 watching from the bench. Jimmy's needing to man up and just name the fucker 😂

1 hour ago, TMB said:

To be fair Cummings is fucking rotten!

Porbably MOH.

Cummings off-field issues are obvious but no manager has ever spoken THAT poorly of him as a footballer.

Forrester was a waste if talent and a bit of a spice boy but he never came across as the type of guy who causes problems, and If I remember right he didn't have an agent? (or am I thinking of someone else)

MOH never looked happy or popular at Rangers and that much is obvious, so it would tick all the boxes for me.

"all the talent and ability" 

Got to be Lee Hodson. Should have been starting ahead of Tav anyway. Always hard for a youngster at Rangers, especially when the whole teams struggling. Hopefully he can come back from his loan spell and fulfill his huge potential with us.

On 19/01/2019 at 02:22, westenclosure2008 said:

To be fair Cummings is fucking rotten!

If he joined a team that played to his strengths I think he would do well.  Kris Boyd was the top scorer in the SPFL last season because Kilmarnock played to his strengths and got the most out of him.  You wouldn't ask Boyd to play the lone striker role, pressing opposition players and linking play, because that's not his game.  Similarly, Cummings is a penalty box striker, who plays better with a strike partner, and you need a manager who can get the most out of him.   Murty certainly wasn't getting the most out of our players last season just look at the difference in guys like Halliday, Jack, and Morelos, since Gerrard came in.

Cumming's is only 23 and a few seasons under a good manager in the right system could turn his career around.  I think Kilmarnock would be a good move for him as Clarke seems to be getting the most out of players who were previously underperforming.  I know there's a few on here who seem to hate Cummings but I don't mind him.  He came to Rangers, he tried his best, but he's not the type of player we need right now.  We move on.