Willie Henderson LEGEND

Blue Nosed Babe

19 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

As if this man was not enough of a Rangers Legend, he is, for his 75th birthday trekking across the Sahara to raise awareness and money for cervical cancer.

Legend!

Fuck sakes.. I struggle to trek across the room to fetch the remote!! 

Absolute legend!

16 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

He was my hero growing up .. him on one wing, Davie Wilson on the other 

A legend then as now !!

Sure is. He lost his daughter to the disease so set up a charity in her name. He heads off today. They reckon he will raise 300,000 by the end of it.

2 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

As if this man was not enough of a Rangers Legend, he is, for his 75th birthday trekking across the Sahara to raise awareness and money for cervical cancer.

Legend!

A doddle compared to trainng with Jock Wallace at the Gullane dunes. 

Terrific stuff from wee Wullie though, legend on and off the park.

My favourite player when I was a young boy ( and still is:bow:) Met him a couple of times back then and he could not have been nicer, gave me his shirt  but then he went back in to the dressing room to get as many of the guys to sign it as well. Also he gave me a signed ball etc next time I met him and a wee kickabout for a couple of minutes.

This guy was my hero as you could possibly guess by the name and my avatar. Legend or hero are terms overused these days but this guy has earned it due to his skill, manners and charity work.:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Hats off to the wee man for this outstanding effort

oh and he is a wee guy .

done a job for him in his pub in Broxburn about 20yr ago .didn't recognise him at first .but knew he was familiar or looked like somebody .when he signed the report I was embarrassed that I never twigged right away who he was .think his lack of height threw me off 

Love the wee man, didn't get to see him play but my dad told me all about him because he loved him as a player.

Managed to meet him before a game where he happily chatted to me and my boy, got a picture of him l, my boy and my step-boy. My son would be towering over him now:lol: