Defoe's Wages

BlueMe

Just now, laudrupno1 said:

Your paper still posted it tart or up all you like,usual shit stirrers away back to sucking Hugh aff :lol:

Aye, that's often how such stuff works. Outlet 1 has a story which they run with. Others then re-publish it and link back to the original.

Not quite sure what is 'shit stirring' about it though. Did we think he was coming up here for buttons?

Hugh who?

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The original report was in the Times. In fact, the report in the Record even links it back to the Times' story. 🤣

Folk looking to be upset by something. Pyoor big bad Record quoting a story run by an English paper

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/football-notebook-fa-change-of-heart-opens-wembleys-door-to-tyson-fury-2k80vcqlt

What’s Tyson Fury got to do with it?  Is he paying Defoe’s wages?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Cause it'll somehow unsettle our players apparently.

No idea how, but we've to be dead angry about it.

😡😂

I don't believe for a minute that we're paying Defoe £65k a week when we refused to pay Skrtel that in the summer. 

IIRC we made something like £14-15m from Europe, so the money's there. 

Rebel appear to have pulled their online article.. 

"Sorry...We can't find the page you requested The file could not be found for a number of reasons such as the file being moved or deleted. Please check your spelling and if you still can't get to the right page try heading to the homepage for a look around. If you still have problems, try contacting usand we'll do what we can to help you. Click here to get back to where you came from."

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I don't believe for a minute that we're paying Defoe £65k a week when we refused to pay Skrtel that in the summer. 

IIRC we made something like £14-15m from Europe, so the money's there. 

I wouldn't think we are either, although I'd be pretty confident in saying we're paying him more than we're paying any other player.

I'm not sure there was really ever anything to the Skrtel stuff other than his agent whoring him about. Read something last week that says we were going to sign him this month but have now decided to wait until the summer.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Rebel appear to have pulled their online article.. 

Likely because it's linked to a paywall article. Shouldn't link to something that's behind a paywall in a story. The reader can't then verify the claim in the original article without a subscription. I could claim that an article say anything behind the paywall and unless you're a sub then you'll never know the odds.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Likely because it's linked to a paywall article. Shouldn't link to something that's behind a paywall in a story. The reader can't then verify the claim in the original article without a subscription. I could claim that an article say anything behind the paywall and unless you're a sub then you'll never know the odds.

Perhaps shouldn't have posted the article in the first place then if they can't produce the link to source access. Can't even get lazy journalism right.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Perhaps shouldn't have posted the article in the first place then if they can't produce the link to source access. Can't even get lazy journalism right.

The can link to it but the reader accessing it would depend on the subbing to the Times. Personally I'd have screengrabbed the relevant section (like I have earlier in the thread) while also linking directly to it.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The can link to it but the reader accessing it would depend on the subbing to the Times. Personally I'd have screengrabbed the relevant section (like I have earlier in the thread) while also linking directly to it.

The screen grabbed article shows no source. The rebel article appears to have the Times article as the source. Not sure now as it's been pulled. Others are regurgitating the same shite all over the place and it'll soon be taken as fact with.... no apparent source.

Shower of pricks masquerading under the banner of journalism the lot of them.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The screen grabbed article shows no source. The rebel article appears to have the Times article as the source. Not sure now as it's been pulled. Others are regurgitating the same shite all over the place and it'll soon be taken as fact with.... no apparent source. 

Shower of pricks masquerading under the banner of journalism the lot of them.

It doesn't need to show the source in the image if you're also linking to it.

Most stories don't have 'apparent' sources since journalists are under no obligation to publicly disclose their sources and are even protected legally from doing so. I've had rows with people at clubs before over who was the source for a story.