Lennon Joins SFA

GersMK

It's a farce, wasn't wee Sturgeon (whose stooge husband is a Hibs fan) one of the first to run to his defence too ?

See that's how successful politics work, you spot a trend and then follow it, wee Krankie probably set this ball in motion.

(Off topic, apologies to Scott Brown for bringing up the subject of setting balls in motion again, I'm sure that analogy still hurts )

Bottom line, this stop Rangers at all costs summit will fail.

This ruse will be unmasked for what it is and deliver nothing and the real gnashing of teeth will begin, as WE the people, lift that title and can laugh our cocks off at everyone of those sad hating bastards.

On 20/01/2019 at 09:28, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

SFA chiefs have called in sparring partner Neil Lennon to help them fix their broken justice system. Hibs boss Lenny has been on the receiving end of SFA punishments for aeroplane goal celebrations, withering blasts at referees and confrontations with rival bosses.

Now the poacher turned gamekeeper will join a working group aiming to end a disconnect between rulemakers, officials and clubs. SFA chief Ian Maxwell’s think tank will meet fully for the first time on January 29. MailSport understands Lennon, one of the fiercest critics of the regime and their working practices, will have a major say on the way ahead. He will be joined in the league’s contingent by celtic’s Michael Nicholson, Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy and SPFL secretary Iain Blair. PFA Scotland chief Fraser Wishart, referees boss John Fleming and whistler Kevin Clancy will also be there alongside Compliance Officer Clare Whyte, Head of Legal Heather Barton and reps from the Highland and Lowland Leagues, the juniors and the women’s game.

Warriors chairman McMenemy said: “This needs to be dealt with as a single piece of joined-up thinking. Tear down barriers. Work with each other. Take ownership. “When stories about referees become bigger than the game that has to be regarded as a failure of the system.

“When criticism of officials crosses a line into threats and intimidation then we need to act urgently. That time is upon us. “The whole process of match officiating, maintaining order and the aftermath of dealing with decisions has broken down. "Let’s drive behavioural change across all of football, rather than pretending it’s only an issue for one side of the problem, usually the referees. “Let’s look at VAR. Anything that takes us closer to getting things right more of the time is worth implementing.”

VAR would destroy Scottish football and cause fighting in the stands. There's no one in Scotland who's 100% unbiased. Only way is to bring in foreigners. 

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

Good addition to the scum already there, this Rangers board are hiding up their arse when it comes to taking on the Sfa unless they have to cover up a deficit in the books.

Post of the morning 

Doing well on the park is making it so much more comfortable for them 

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

VAR would destroy Scottish football and cause fighting in the stands. There's no one in Scotland who's 100% unbiased. Only way is to bring in foreigners. 

That's a non starter .They would be hand picked from Rome at every opportunity 

25 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Not so sure. It's harder to hide bias, deliberately miss or see things that aren't there if it's shown from multiple angles. It takes away the 'human error' or incompetence argument and leaves it much more about rules infringement.

I don't think it would solve it all, but it really would put those making decisions in the spotlight if they disagree with what is blatantly obvious on a monitor.

On 20/01/2019 at 17:21, Bakbear said:

In fairness I have always said football is just a reflection of society in general. The game itself cant be blamed. 

Scotland. The country that hated itself to death. 

So much hatred in this parochial wee country of ours. Probably evidence that war has its uses. 😂

Watching from afar and having been away from Scotland for so long you have it spot on.

Scotland is hating itself to death.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not so sure. It's harder to hide bias, deliberately miss or see things that aren't there if it's shown from multiple angles. It takes away the 'human error' or incompetence argument and leaves it much more about rules infringement.

I don't think it would solve it all, but it really would put those making decisions in the spotlight if they disagree with what is blatantly obvious on a monitor.

Using Bbcs or Sky's selective footage mate would be a challenge for them

🤔

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm an advocate of var. I agree with your points that it makes it harder to hide bias, or miss things etc. 

The bit that worries me a bit is who is in charge of that system. Look at the compliance officer and the shenanigans that have gone on there. Any contentious decisions have been swept away.

Our refs do need all the tools required to do their job, and var should help, so long as they use it for the purpose and not for the likes of the Morelos "incidents" during the of game.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Why do you mock so much mate . There is clear reasons for bears to be concerned now

In so many parts of the game in this backwater

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

It's fishing mate, he's using lead weights and no hook though.

Nobody bites anymore, need to up my game