Baz Bowski’s Humble Opinion on Scottish Media

WATP-FOREVER

43 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Everything is a conspiracy ..... blah blah. 2 minutes I'll not get back.

They talk shite about Rangers knowing fine well it'll reel in the mongs and part them from their cash, which they then use to pay their bills. That's the gist of it. Never once mentioned a conspiracy.

5 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

They talk shite about Rangers knowing fine well it'll reel in the mongs and part them from their cash, which they then use to pay their bills. That's the gist of it. Never once mentioned a conspiracy.

That's their job and of course they're going to use their wages to pay their bills. That's the main purpose of having a job. The only one that has any relevance to the point he's trying to make is English since he's paid to actually report news rather than just do opinion columns.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's their job and of course they're going to use their wages to pay their bills. That's the main purpose of having a job. The only one that has any relevance to the point he's trying to make is English since he's paid to actually report news rather than just do opinion columns.

Just for shits and giggles because the video is worthless but although they are paid for opinion there is still a debate to be had wether or not they share their real views or just spout shite for shock value. 

They are the Scottish  football equivalent of Info wars

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Just for shits and giggles because the video is worthless but although they are paid for opinion there is still a debate to be had wether or not they share their real views or just spout shite for shock value.  

They are the Scottish  football equivalent of Info wars

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if that was their actual opinions. I've torn Suttons stuff to pieces before - and likely will again - but that's all it is. One person's opinion. There are plenty on the other side (and probably some on this) who think I talk far more shite than Sutton in my column.

Info wars is a totally different kettle of fish since they claim that they're reporting the real news rather than just some dude's opinion.

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So people would be just as interested in Sutton or Hartson's opinions on Rangers if they were positive rather than negative? No-one's saying they shouldn't voice their opinion, what's I'm saying and what is said in the video is that they are overtly negative about Rangers simply because to be anything else would turn people away from reading their columns.

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

So people would be just as interested in Sutton or Hartson's opinions on Rangers if they were positive rather than negative? No-one's saying they shouldn't voice their opinion, what's I'm saying and what is said in the video is that they are overtly negative about Rangers simply because to be anything else would turn people away from reading their columns.

No idea but as two ex-celtic players, it's safe to say they are largely targeted at celtic fans. Just like folk like Barry Ferguson and Lee McCulloch's columns are aimed at us. Do you think folk would read either of their columns if they were talking about how amazing celtic are?

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Sounds like a fair enough condemnation of the arseholes who talk and write shite about us in the media.

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

They are employed as columnists to give opinions, don't dispute that. They are overtly negative as it panders to their rabid hordes, if they were even to display a little bit of neutrality they're numbers would likely tank, therefore they make a living off sticking the boot into us.

That's the exact point made in the video and the one I've reiterated here. I don't get where you think the conflict is tbh.

As for Ferguson or Jig? Were either of those at the head of month long campaigns to get Scott Brown banned for throwing elbows or kicks at other SPFL players? By comparison to Hartson and Sutton they are very neutral.

Shock horror. Ex celtic players in pandering to celtic fans. That's the main reason they have a column. Nobody would give a fuck if they hadn't played for them. That's why papers tend to hire ex-Rangers and ex-celtic players. Ours pander to us, theirs pander to them.

So the point of the video is that ex-celtic players aren't positive about Rangers in their opinion columns? Not exactly groundbreaking stuff there is it?

I've no idea what Ferguson's ghost-writer says on his behalf. McCulloch's columns are normally woeful - mainly down to the Evening Times insisting on taking one decent length column and trying to break it into three different ones to boost numbers.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Shock horror. Ex celtic players in pandering to celtic fans. That's the main reason they have a column. Nobody would give a fuck if they hadn't played for them. That's why papers tend to hire ex-Rangers and ex-celtic players. Ours pander to us, theirs pander to them.

So the point of the video is that ex-celtic players aren't positive about Rangers in their opinion columns? Not exactly groundbreaking stuff there is it?

I've no idea what Ferguson's ghost-writer says on his behalf. McCulloch's columns are normally woeful - mainly down to the Evening Times insisting on taking one decent length column and trying to break it into three different ones to boost numbers.

The point of the video, which you've inadvertently made stronger by bringing up Ferguson and Jig's columns, is that they are overtly negative about us whereas the columns written or ghost written by our ex players tends to focus.....shock horror....on us and also aren't exactly overtly positive either.

I'll put it more simply: Jig and Ferguson pander to us by talking about us, Hartson and Sutton pander to them by talking about, yep you guessed it, us. As negatively as they can manage.

Just now, Getstiffed said:

The point of the video, which you've inadvertently made stronger by bringing up Ferguson and Jig's columns, is that they are overtly negative about us whereas the columns written or ghost written by our ex players tends to focus.....shock horror....on us and also aren't exactly overtly positive either.

I'll put it more simply: Jig and Ferguson pander to us by talking about us, Hartson and Sutton pander to them by talking about, yep you guessed it, us. As negatively as they can manage.

Surely it makes sense to print what your audience are likely to read? celtic fans don't read about celtic. That's nothing new. Sutton talking shite about us isn't something exclusive to the Scottish media. He does it everywhere knowing fine well it gets a reaction from both sides. In hact, I'd go as far as saying that if Rangers fans didn't react to him half as much as we do then he'd quickly vanish back into obscurity.