***The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

Got a ticket for this one and can't make it arrrrg.

Think it's going to be a tough night as I can't see Killie bring anything other than ultra defensive on that shite small surface.

Will also be interesting to see if we go 2 up top or one, I'm thinking 2 as it doesn't make sense to bring Defoe in and either play him up top himself as that's not his game or not play him at all.

Think we'll see 

Shagger

Tav, Goldson , Katic, Barisic 

Kent, Jack, Arfield, Davis,  Middleton 

Morelos

2-0 to the famous.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 points is a must no matter how we do it. If we play the same intensity and aggression as we did in the taigs game we will win by a couple goals. My concern is the pitch as it seems eveytime the players play on them we seem to be a yard off the pace. I think mentally the players might be fearing an Injury after what happened to Murphy. 

Need the 3 points regardless of performance. The tarriers have got 2easy home games coming up.

Davis for McCrorie from the game against them. It might be harsh but Davis is the better player by far.

Think it would be daft to try and shoehorn Defoe in. Stick with the 433 just now.

would keep defoe on the bench and start with lafferty up front, and if we havent broken the deadlock by HT, then bring on morelos and defoe and change formation.

only because I dread to see defoe and / or morelos pick up an injury on that artificial shite killie play on. Plus, i think for fitness, we cant expect defoe to play 90min every game so I'd rather save him personally.

12 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Need the 3 points regardless of performance. The tarriers have got 2easy home games coming up.

Davis for McCrorie from the game against them. It might be harsh but Davis is the better player by far.

Think it would be daft to try and shoehorn Defoe in. Stick with the 433 just now.

We’ve lacked creativity from central midfield all season.  We don’t need to start games with both McCrorie and Jack anymore.  It should be McCrorie or Jack, with Arfield and Davis in front.  We need players who can do more going forward especially against Kilmarnock who are just going to sit in.  

The 4-3-3 counter press we currently play is a modern formation and system that’s been working great for us so far.  Abandon it all in favour of an old fashioned 4-4-2 just to accommodate Defoe?  No thanks.  

Have to play two up top, Kilmarnock are good at sitting in and hitting on the break, - let's get right in about them from the word go and put this one to bed after 20 minutes. 

I'm going 3-0 to the famous. 

McGregor

Tav  McCauely Worrall Halliday

McCrorie

Jack         Davis

Arfield/Kent

Defoe        Morelos

Archived