What a nice man...

beararse

A good watch that.

I think we all know SG will be back there as manager one day. Hopefully not too soon, and 55, 56 and 57 will be in our trophy cabinet first. 

Interesting point that they genuinely feel everyone is pulling in the direction of getting the 1st team winning. At Ibrox, I do wonder if there's too many who are here for a job alone, or worse who support the other mob. I see nothing wrong with wall to wall bears on our support department payroll.

And yeah, Gerrard comes across naturally as a hell of a nice fella.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A good watch that.

I think we all know SG will be back there as manager one day. Hopefully not too soon, and 55, 56 and 57 will be in our trophy cabinet first. 

Interesting point that they genuinely feel everyone is pulling in the direction of getting the 1st team winning. At Ibrox, I do wonder if there's too many who are here for a job alone, or worse who support the other mob. I see nothing wrong with wall to wall bears on our support department payroll.

And yeah, Gerrard comes across naturally as a hell of a nice fella.

Absolute stick on, provided he doesn't start arguing with fans whilst standing in a bush.

When he does eventually move, maybe we can do a straight swap and get Klopp in return 🙂

We lost our backroom professionalism when we dropped in the leagues.

That was the time we should have said "Right we are down but we are not out. Lets set the standard for going forward and not allow that to drop"

Of course that was also our opportunity to get a group of top kids and have them play and work together every day, add a few "old heads" and make the spine of a team ready for the step up. By old heads I mean later 30s but ones who have lived the life of professional athletes, not late 30s who are struggling to run 50 yards.

Unfortunately we went the "old boys" route, invested in Nandos and kicked the ball off the players arse for a bit of fun. Brought in old duds for a last payday and then had to re-invent ourselves every year. A HUGE opportunity missed for us.

We are now (almost) back to the level we should be at with a group of winners, both on and off the pitch.

We can't miss this chance.

That video shows the standard required to be consistently successful - We need that to be OUR standard.

20 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

One of the best things, but also one of the most frustrating things is the professionalism that he has brought. It was alarming how we had lost that from our whole operation, and how quickly we seemed to lose it. One thing is for sure, a club like ours needs winners, we cannot take second best at any level.  

We were apparently in some state for quite a number of years on that front. 

22 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

One of the best things, but also one of the most frustrating things is the professionalism that he has brought. It was alarming how we had lost that from our whole operation, and how quickly we seemed to lose it. One thing is for sure, a club like ours needs winners, we cannot take second best at any level.  

This is a great point, if nothing else comes of this season at least SG and the high standards he demands is a real positive which should again be the benchmark at the club...