The Media Agenda

BridgeIsBlue

32 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

A few of us did try and steer it back in track, but unfortunately it's easier to just shout "arsehole" louder than anyone else and the point gets lost. 

Which, ironically, is what the media do when valid points are raised against them, though the dude did debate at points. 

Who's shouting? Who's not debating? I called him an arsehole and explained why. I also explained why it's a bad idea to be seen to relate to that guy in any way and how you don't need to listen to him to get the point. A point which I sincerely doubt was ever lost on the vast majority.

It's a bit much to expect folk just to listen to a message and not consider at all the relevance of who's giving it. Wouldnt happen in other circumstances.

Besides, if I want to debate the importance of who's giving the message, that's kind of up to me. If others want to debate what he's saying and ignore the rest that's up to them. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Who's shouting? Who's not debating? I called him an arsehole and explained why. I also explained why it's a bad idea to be seen to relate to that guy in any way and how you don't need to listen to him to get the point. A point which I sincerely doubt was ever lost on the vast majority.

It's a bit much to expect folk just to listen to a message and not consider at all the relevance of who's giving it. Wouldnt happen in other circumstances.

Besides, if I want to debate the importance of who's giving the message, that's kind of up to me. If others want to debate what he's saying and ignore the rest that's up to them. 

It wasn't aimed at you personally Inigo. 

Debate is all about opinions, and you have a strong one on the matter, which is fair play. 

you have looked at the deliverer of the message, and that's fine. I think the message itself and whats at the root of it is important. There is no right or wrong opinion. 

I always try and look at things objectively. Usually excepting BBC output i may add, so maybe that's where I'm blinded.

it's certainly raised an interesting argument. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Mind the wee syrian boy that got attacked that TR made up a story about him deserving it for attacking two girls. Turned out to be absolute shite too.

Attacked? fuck me what school did you go to, it was a playground scuffle, minor shite like that happened on a daily basis in mine. If the kid had been white no cunt would have given a fuck. Again context  is everything, what caused the kid to push the Syrian boy?

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Does it? Or is it more of TR doing the exact same as he alleges to BBC do to portray himself as the poor down-trodden victim? It's in his blood after all.

EDIT: TR has already been shown to edit interviews to suit his agenda and completely misrepresent the position of those he has spoken too.

If this is the case this time the the BBC won't be long in releasing the entire recording, as they were recording from start to finish.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

He's being 'censored' for breaching their rules on hate-speech. They have no obligation to provide TR or anyone else for that matter a platform. If he doesn't want 'censored' then he has to operate within the rules of the platform being used.

Pressure was put on face book by Mohamed Shafiq CEO of the Ramadan Foundation, Shafiq has attended rallies by Hate Preacher Hassan Haseeb ur Reham, who celebrated the murder of politician Salman Taseer, a critic of Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws. Do all you TR haters think a social media company should be taking advice from a scumbag like that. If you value your own freedom of speech you should defend it for others, even if you don’t agree with their views. 

31 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Pressure was put on face book by Mohamed Shafiq CEO of the Ramadan Foundation, Shafiq has attended rallies by Hate Preacher Hassan Haseeb ur Reham, who celebrated the murder of politician Salman Taseer, a critic of Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws. Do all you TR haters think a social media company should be taking advice from a scumbag like that. If you value your own freedom of speech you should defend it for others, even if you don’t agree with their views. 

Don't think much of or for TR, but it looks like the pressure is being applied across all social media platforms to shut him down altogether on line.

Seems like the establishment will keep trying different ways til they ruin him. He's obviously dangerous to then as his expose demonstrated.

Wonder who the threat is to the comfortable set up of the established and dominant republican establishment in Scotland..... answers on a postcard to Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Don't think much of or for TR, but it looks like the pressure is being applied across all social media platforms to shut him down altogether on line.

Seems like the establishment will keep trying different ways til they ruin him. He's obviously dangerous to then as his expose demonstrated.

Wonder who the threat is to the comfortable set up of the established and dominant republican establishment in Scotland..... answers on a postcard to Edmiston Drive, Glasgow.

Point is where the pressure is coming from, an Islamist cunt who wants to shutdown and criminalise any criticism of Islam. 

.Another example of media agenda on the way home just now. 

Tuned into SSB for a chuckle at the greetin taigs .

A so called neutral fan is on talking about Brenda and the subject goes onto who he could come back for and cherry pick .

The usual brace face McGreggor and boyata gets mentioned. Jim Duffy pipes up .Alfredo Morelos .the other dick who's name escapes me says ."Why not 10m is nothing for a club like Leicester".

Now no figures where mentioned for the tarrier players but there was even in December chat going round that the tarriers would sell Boyata for 10m in January .

How in the name of fair media can a player with 6months on his contract be worth the same in their eyes as a 22yr old striker who has 2 years left on his deal and is easily the best player in the country and only reason he won't get player of the year is coz they will vote for some token tarrier .

Sportscene :wow: mentioned IRA songs from the stands at Tynecastle last night. "Depressing dirges from the stands, coming down from the terraces". No direct condemnation of the scum fans unsurprisingly. More attention given to poor scum fans let down and feeling aggrieved by traitor ex manager.

Looking forward to seeing this support of proscribed anti British terrorist organisation dominate the headlines in today's media....

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Never saw that on highlights. Was someone struck?

No. A coin landed a couple of yards from the goalie at a goal kick. And weirdly a lit cigarette was thrown on the pitch too.

Apparently Hertz fans at it too, but haven't seen that.

22 minutes ago, Inigo said:

No. A coin landed a couple of yards from the goalie at a goal kick. And weirdly a lit cigarette was thrown on the pitch too.

Apparently Hertz fans at it too, but haven't seen that.

Their pub IRAoke wishing Rodgers die to an IRA bullet has just made the Sun online. Suppose that's topical due to Rodgers media circus at present. Coins and the singing from the stands? Nah, move on, nothing to see.

24 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Their pub IRAoke wishing Rodgers die to an IRA bullet has just made the Sun online. Suppose that's topical due to Rodgers media circus at present. Coins and the singing from the stands? Nah, move on, nothing to see.

See tbh, unless somebody is actually hit by something, or make a point of it, it won’t be mentioned

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂 what a headline angle to take. Almost like they weren't responsible for it, nah a couple on social media were embarrassed so that's the narrative. Poor victimised upset and offended scum support (by their own fans but shhhhh about that).

:no:

IMG_20190228_105021.jpg.a0155e1f99da98937977e7a82f5d1b48.jpg

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3936196/celtic-fans-chant-i-hope-you-die-in-your-sleep-brendan-rodgers-in-ira-song-at-edinburgh-pub/

Sun running it as well nothing from the cowards at the Daily Record. Sun not hiding who it is either.

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

See tbh, unless somebody is actually hit by something, or make a point of it, it won’t be mentioned

Morelos was struck at St Mirren. Little made of it, certainly nowhere near as much was with TLB.

He also had objects thrown at him up at the last sheep game, where he was subject to racial abuse. Again, minimal fuss.

It's not about what the impact is, it's about the agenda and narrative of who does it / who is struck (remember the furore with the bevvy bottle and Rangers supporter arrested at Aberdeen previously).

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Morelos was struck at St Mirren. Little made of it, certainly nowhere near as much was with TLB.

He also had objects thrown at him up at the last sheep game, where he was subject to racial abuse. Again, minimal fuss.

It's not about what the impact is, it's about the agenda and narrative of who does it / who is struck (remember the furore with the bevvy bottle and Rangers supporter arrested at Aberdeen previously).

Fair enough, but if he holds his head and acts injured there’s 100% headlines etc.

Stuff’s thrown every game there, McGinn had in the first game up there this season, can’t remember much getting made about that, somebody celebrating a goal at Ibrox, canny remember who, this season had a cup of juice thrown at them, nothing made of that.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fair enough, but if he holds his head and acts injured there’s 100% headlines etc.

Stuff’s thrown every game there, McGinn had in the first game up there this season, can’t remember much getting made about that, somebody celebrating a goal at Ibrox, canny remember who, this season had a cup of juice thrown at them, nothing made of that.

Yeah, and if Morelos was struck on the chest and rolled about holding his face hed be done for simulation by the CO. TLB is a perma victim. Rangers players aren't afforded that luxury.

From the BBC, Specky. I can see Hearts being done here.

Hearts 1-2 celtic: Police Scotland look into sectarian singing & coin throwing

Police Scotland are investigating reports of sectarian singing at Tynecastle, as well as coin throwing from celtic fans, during the league leaders' Scottish Premiership win on Wednesday.

Footage showed an object almost hitting Hearts goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal during the game, which finished 2-1 to the league leaders.

Police have not confirmed in what area of the ground the singing was reported. But they have urged anyone with information to contact them.

Earlier this month, Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd criticised celtic fans after being hit by a coin and subjected to sectarian abuse while warming up as substitute during the sides' meeting at Rugby Park.

And one of Scotland's most senior police officers has said there are concerns about how "normal" sectarianism and aggression towards police has become from some fans.

Deputy Chief Constable Will Kerr referenced recent incidents such as a flare being thrown at a police horse, officers being pulled from horses and others being spat at and attacked.

Speaking at a Scottish Police Authority board meeting in Greenock, he said it "feels almost visceral in a way I haven't experienced for quite a while".

Kerr added: "What I've been surprised at over the last six months has been two things. One has been that level of sectarianism - and I say that having policed in Northern Ireland for nearly 30 years.

"And I've been surprised that the consistently thuggish behaviour of a very small number of fans is considered normal. This is not normal. It is a sport.

"On both fronts there is a responsibility and a need for everybody, including the police service, to challenge ourselves about how much that's considered normal and what we can actually do to address it."

When asked about data on these incidents, Kerr said it was "hard to quantify" and that his comments are based on the anecdotal evidence of officers policing the matches.

He added that Police Scotland would "certainly not be going to arrest our way out of this".

An independent review of policing at football matches in Scotland is due to be launched next week.

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂 what a headline angle to take. Almost like they weren't responsible for it, nah a couple on social media were embarrassed so that's the narrative. Poor victimised upset and offended scum support (by their own fans but shhhhh about that).

:no:

IMG_20190228_105021.jpg.a0155e1f99da98937977e7a82f5d1b48.jpg

Anyone put their name to it?

Archived