Jump to content
BridgeIsBlue

The Media Agenda

Recommended Posts


3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thats because you cant say he worked for celtic without evidence without a potential lawsuit for defamation on your hands as well as if going to IPSO. Afaik it was accepted in court that they were employed by CBC and not CFC. When they were employed by the club and not the boys club its been pointed out. In gje seperate entity bit though, we reportedly done the same with someone who alleged abuse at Rangers and pointed then to the liquidators of the oldco. 

similar .but not the same .any compo would have been 100pc an oldco issue .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Dude said:

Boyd was at a PR event held by Premier Sport as a representative of celtic. Nothing to do with the Record. 

Conroy's quotes came from BBC sportsound. 

And they are in the rhancid rebel 

You defending the rebel is quite nauseating to be honest Dude 

Having worked in the building ..I know where their loyalties are  

You may get paid from them to write stories about Rangers .Give it a rest about how upstanding and fair they are 

They are biased towards the scum .End of 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I posted it on here yesterday but apparently it lacks any real insight 

FB_IMG_1549367534076.jpg

any real insight .

here's the issue .

DG has called the incidents as he viewed them .

Ginger Baws wants it to be viewed with an agenda driven viewpoint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

similar .but not the same .any compo would have been 100pc an oldco issue .

And legally, it currently stands as a CBC issue rather than a CFC issue. I know one of the lawyers has spoken publicly about it before and said he was trying to get CFC to admit their part (which they absolutely should) but it's the same technicality we used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And they are in the rhancid rebel 

You defending the rebel is quite nauseating to be honest Dude 

Having worked in the building ..I know where their loyalties lie 

You may get paid from them to write stories about Rangers .Give it a rest about how upstanding and fair they are 

They are biased towards the scum .End of 

 

They're in a few other places too. Why wouldn't the Record (or anybody else for that matter) publish them? I'll publish quotes every single day that I disagree with but if I'm writing a news story I'm not there to editorialise it and add my own view.

I've not said anything about how 'upstanding and fair' they are here. Just pointing out that the 'cancerous' stories you suggested were sourced by the record actually came from a PR event hosted by the Scottish Cup' broadcaster and the BBC. The Record have simply reported them.

I mean fuck me, see if a former celtic captain was at a PR event as an ambassador for celtic and claiming there was a conspiracy against them that it would take 100 years to balance out - I'd expect every paper in the country to run them. If only there was an example of a former celtic captain at a PR event as an ambassador for celtic and claiming there was a conspiracy against them that it would take 100 years to balance out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I posted it on here yesterday but apparently it lacks any real insight 

FB_IMG_1549367534076.jpg

Wings Over Scotland arguing the case against the penalties in the thread. Some of our fans support these people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If they weren’t employed by CFC how did they manage to sack Torbett in the first time before giving him his job back. Surely if CBC was a separate entity Torbett could’ve told them to go fuck themselves. Or was his quiet slip away until the dust settles with a bumper contract for his trophy centre all it took  

We didn’t use any technicality, the oldco employed Neely and sacked Neely. So any claims raised would be against the Oldco and if the man deserves his money it should be paid. 

 

Quite possibly and hopefully the lawyers who are pursuing damages from celtic get what they're after.

They weren't sacked by celtic, as such, but someone (Stein) who held a role within both. The fact Stein held that role with CBC as a result of his position with CFC is the path the lawyers are going down I believe. While they are legally distinct they are close enough that it doesn't matter a fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If they weren’t employed by CFC how did they manage to sack Torbett in the first time before giving him his job back. Surely if CBC was a separate entity Torbett could’ve told them to go fuck themselves. Or was his quiet slip away until the dust settles with a bumper contract for his trophy centre all it took  

We didn’t use any technicality, the oldco employed Neely and sacked Neely. So any claims raised would be against the Oldco and if the man deserves his money it should be paid. 

 

at this point in time it would appear they are being treated as a seperate entity .on the say so of the club. 

Until it's proved in court it's looking like the parent club will be distancing itself from the boys club .

Looks like we need to wait till the compo claims go in and it's proved in court they are connected..

The lawyer dealing with the case seems pretty sure that a connection can be proved .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Dude said:

You think its only celtic fans that read it? 😂😂

No but I bet a lot do. I dont read their blogger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Better to highlight the inconsistencies/fantasy in what they say rather than just playing the man.

good luck with that, (tarrier mindset)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Malkster said:

good luck with that, (tarrier mindset)

Sticking to the important bits of a story rather than meaningless shite about who supports what team is a 'tarrier mindset'? I don't follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Thats because you cant say he worked for celtic without evidence without a potential lawsuit for defamation on your hands as well as if going to IPSO. Afaik it was accepted in court that they were employed by CBC and not CFC. When they were employed by the club and not the boys club its been pointed out. In gje seperate entity bit though, we reportedly done the same with someone who alleged abuse at Rangers and pointed then to the liquidators of the oldco. 

No, we know we are one club, while that lot are doing everything to claim separate entity when in reality they were joined in many ways. 

We've already been punished more than enough for the business liquidation and, under the rules, the businesses of oldco and newco Rangers are separate entities. Don't feed their agenda!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

An excellent post with your only minor omission that the cowdenbeath goal scorer had encroached by several yards and the goal should not have stood.

That aside, 👏👏👏👏👏 

Yes I know but it was an error from an error at the same penalty incident, if you know what I mean.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Dude said:

When I was looking at trial outcomes only some of them mentioned the dark side in the headline.  You obviously look at more media outlets than me but I remember being annoyed at the time (but not surprised).  There were 4 different cases if I remember correctly.    In most cases they certainly didn't give it the front page full spread that RFC would have received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OhW said:

Wings Over Scotland arguing the case against the penalties in the thread. Some of our fans support these people.

 

Stewart really is a spacker faced ginger fuckwit. A fucking slavering parasitic gobshite. I hope he gets his cunt kicked in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Quite possibly and hopefully the lawyers who are pursuing damages from celtic get what they're after.

They weren't sacked by celtic, as such, but someone (Stein) who held a role within both. The fact Stein held that role with CBC as a result of his position with CFC is the path the lawyers are going down I believe. While they are legally distinct they are close enough that it doesn't matter a fuck.

Stein was only in an honorary position with boys club so had no power to sack anybody so obviously it was linked to big club. The large volume of links between cbc,cfc and trophy centre is what will bring this to a head. Every convicted paedo at boys club worked at trophy centre at some stage as did umpteen celtic officials,then you have the huge amounts of cash handed to trophy centre by cfc even after torbett was kicked out. Why would torbett be given a seat in directors box if he was nothing to do with club. The Record was the first to report on the Neely case and their front page headlines linked him to Rangers but not hibs although he was at hibs for a longer time and hibs knew about his history but told no one. You also have the fact Neely was never charged and was not about to defend himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that according to the BBC Defoe has "escaped" a ban. They've then enabled comments on the story to perpetuate the discussion over the penalties awarded to big bad Rangers. Yawn.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...