Tartan Boot for Top Scorer

Sparkle

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3781105/alfredo-morelos-lawrence-shankland-top-goalscorer-tartan-ball-tartan-boot-Rangers-ayr/

(see also tartan ball) :wow:😂

Top scorer award in Scotland gets a Tartan Boot (and it’s not wee nippy lol)

Ffs, my punchline’s gone in the first post 🙈😂😂

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

A good amatuer side wouldn't get embarrassed in League 2. Dare I say it is quite a bit easier to win the Tartan Boot in that league than the SPFL.

Disagree tbh. The top amateur sides would manage the very occasional decent result but they'd get pumped loads.

The Queens Park XI that won the Scottish Cup and were runners up in consecutive seasons (With mainly 17/18 year olds) is a decent testament to this.

20 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Disagree tbh. The top amateur sides would manage the very occasional decent result but they'd get pumped loads.

The Queens Park XI that won the Scottish Cup and were runners up in consecutive seasons (With mainly 17/18 year olds) is a decent testament to this.

I think with our bizarrely organised pyramid by the time you get to the lower reaches of the senior game the talent pool is diluted over a wide area.

The difference in standard between League 2, the Top Junior leagues and the better sides in the Lowland League/Highland League isn't huge. I'd argue those leagues have quite a few better teams in them than most of League 2. The top amatuer sides are IMO not a massive step down from that level.

I don't for a second think they'd win much, in all liklihood finishing bottom, but I don't think it would be totally embarrassing either.

If you put a League 2 side in the SPFL they'd do worse than if you put a top amatuer side in League 2.