The Gaffers Naivety

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Gerrard showed his naive side by setting us up differently to accommodate two players who have hardly kicked a ball all season 

it affected our whole team tonight  

I hope he fucking realises what he did tonight 

me, you and every other cunt could have picked the starting 11 - it’s naive 

Spot on mate but the thing is it is not the first time he has done it and that is a worry.

Changing a team that played so well against the taigs, to accommodate someone who’s barely kicked a ball all season was madness. But what’s more worrying is how we’re going to go forward, we’ve looked awful when we’ve played with two up front this season yet there’s no way Defoe is coming up to Scotland to sit on the bench and to drop Morelos for him would be unthinkable. 

He better come up with a plan and quick because right now our title challenge is in tatters thanks to his decisions (and the donkey we’ve got at cb but I won’t start on that now)

His league record is pretty pish

The away form this season is the worst I can remember as a Rangers fan. It’s not acceptable and if he isn’t careful he will be punted because he clearly isn’t learning his lesson.

A win against them means fuck all when you throw away the next game and lose all advantage. 

2 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

The league is over for me. We have bottled it. No fight no desire

Unfortunately for me I can’t see us doing it now. It’s all very well saying the tarriers will drop points too but how many have they dropped this season but still managed to stay top?

The boost this’ll give them and the loss this’ll impact on our morale effectively ends the season for me.

Worral cost us.   He does the simple thing and we continue to dominate into the second half.  If he plays again for us this season then SG will have serious questions asked of him.  I can accept the odd player having shit games but Worral is consistently costing us.

I don't mind Davis starting ahead of McCrorie.  We should be playing with one CDM and two guys capable of creating something either side.  Many have forgotten this, but a lack of creativity from central midfield has been a major thorn in our side this season. 

The big mistake was moving away from our 4-3-3 counter pressing system altogether to shoehorn in Defoe.  We had no width especially down that left side.  Instead of Candeias pressing and chasing everything down we have Defoe just standing in the box.  Morelos was dropping ridiculously deep instead of leading the line.  It didn't work.

I never believed Defoe and Morelos would play as part of the same team.  No way we would go 4-4-2, or try the 3-5-2, I was sure we would stick with the 4-3-3 and rotate between Morelos or Defoe.  I'm really concerned we'll play Defoe all the time now, he'll become a luxury, and he'll do more harm than good.

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I’ve fucking had it with him this is not the place to do his fucking apprenticeship, we need a proper manager. 

We could make you the manager.....after all you did tell us all earlier tonight that we need not worry about Jordan Jones as he is absolute pish?

It's a poor poor league this year and it might be out best chance to stop the tarriers doing 10 in a row and we just keeping making the same mistakes in terms of not identifying our best 11 and we're at the end of January,Gerrard needs to up his game and learn before it's too late.