The Gaffers Naivety

KeyserSoze

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Davis can slot into one of the usual 3 centre mids system no problem it’s signing defoe I think is going to create the problem , before it was black and white , buffalo up top, if he’s suspended big laff up top , Defoe can’t play as the lone striker so now like last night we’re going to potentially play players all over the place in ridiculous formations to get Defoe into the team 

Bit insensitive mate

The biggest problem with Defoe is that his wage and reputation mea  we are going to have to start him when what he really should be at this stage of his career is somebody who can come off the bench to kill games off or to help if we are struggling to break teams down.

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Davis can slot into one of the usual 3 centre mids system no problem it’s signing defoe I think is going to create the problem , before it was black and white , buffalo up top, if he’s suspended big laff up top , Defoe can’t play as the lone striker so now like last night we’re going to potentially play players all over the place in ridiculous formations to get Defoe into the team 

Thought Defoe would be used as an impact sub in home games where we’re creating chances but not putting them away I’m a bit worried if we’re going 2 up top to accommodate him tbh 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Thought Defoe would be used as an impact sub in home games where we’re creating chances but not putting them away I’m a bit worried if we’re going 2 up top to accommodate him tbh 

Bang on mate 👍🏻👌🏻

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

The biggest problem with Defoe is that his wage and reputation mea  we are going to have to start him when what he really should be at this stage of his career is somebody who can come off the bench to kill games off or to help if we are struggling to break teams down.

I think Defoe will get better and get us goals he's not fit just now but makes clever runs he has to play with Lafferty rather than Morelos who's only good up top on his own.

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

One setback and we just seem to crumble ... as soon as Kilie scored against the run of play it was a completely different game 

You're right mate,panic set in and for all the experience thru-out the team,no-one took charge.

I don't like that diamond setup,it forces all our play down the centre and when they pack their defence,we're nullified.

For me SG should have changed back to 4-3-3 at ht and used the wings.Candeias coming on allowed more crosses to be made,another aspect that was very poor last night.

I can understand Gerrard trying different setups,as in horses for courses but if it's not working then we must have the ability to change thing up.

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Last night was amateur hour in terms of management, that should have been the beginning of our campaign to challenge for the league and we blew it. I think thats the league done.

What annoyed me most is the way they sat in the dugout arms folded doing nothing about it show some fucking fight.

The OP has a valid point.

Shoehorning two new guys in  on a freezing Wednesday night on a plasric carpet perhaps not a good idea.

The  Jack/Davis mix didnt seem to work ,Jack doing the collecting from the centre backs with a short pass to Davis to try and thread a needle through a forrest of Killie players.

Meanwhile Burke and Jones kept our full backs pinned back and the diamond shape  was totally ineffectual given the way Killie set themselves up.

We failed to be as direct as possible ,slide rule passing in midfield is all very well but it got us nowhere last night.

Candeias should have played from the start combining with Tavernier down that right flank.

Kent was not in the game as much as he should have been...not his fault .

Please use the width and flanks Rangers.

Everything is easy with hindsight.

20 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

It's a poor poor league this year and it might be out best chance to stop the tarriers doing 10 in a row and we just keeping making the same mistakes in terms of not identifying our best 11 and we're at the end of January,Gerrard needs to up his game and learn before it's too late.

On what planet did we ever stand a chance of winning the league with this squad? People on here to need to wake up. So many clueless posts from people living in fantasy world. 

I don’t think we have a lot of success playing down the flanks either a lot of crosses either get blocked or are cleared by big central defenders, we don’t have wingers who can put a cross in like Cooper, Walters or McCann and we don’t have a DJ or Mark Hateley up front either. 

1 hour ago, keithgersbear said:

On what planet did we ever stand a chance of winning the league with this squad? People on here to need to wake up. So many clueless posts from people living in fantasy world. 

Do you watch us thinking we will never win the league? Honestly, do you?

what about cups inat? 

If you say “yes” then you take your seat not believing in anything and that’s not good, not good at all  

Still blazing about Wednesday, Asked the team to bring their A+ game against celtic , they did and more , got ourselfs right back in the title challenge then he changes the full shape formation and unbelievably drops young Mcrorrie and Candias what more could mcrorrie have done to earn his place on Wednesday against celtic , he was immense  , love Gerrard ,despite people comparing stats etc with Pedro he has undoubtedly improved us but any more of these systems costing us points the support will be questioning him and rightly so 

21 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

This squad entered the winter break joint top of the league having just beat celtic.  The ability to strengthen the team during this window and attempt a title challenge shouldn't be a “fantasy”.  If we could only get our act together and find some consistency it’s an achieveable goal.  

On 24/01/2019 at 15:15, 6superbarry6 said:

giphy.gif

A know it's a tap in but who's to say he gets a chance like that later in the game, theres two shots after Halliday's  that should have been scored.

25 minutes ago, Vision said:

giphy.gif

A know it's a tap in but who's to say he gets a chance like that later in the game, theres two shots after Halliday's  that should have been scored.

Tav should be squaring it to Arfield, we're terrible at that tbh - decision making in the final third can be so bad at times. 

22 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

You're right mate,panic set in and for all the experience thru-out the team,no-one took charge.

I don't like that diamond setup,it forces all our play down the centre and when they pack their defence,we're nullified.

For me SG should have changed back to 4-3-3 at ht and used the wings.Candeias coming on allowed more crosses to be made,another aspect that was very poor last night.

I can understand Gerrard trying different setups,as in horses for courses but if it's not working then we must have the ability to change thing up.

I wonder sometimes if the job is a little too big for him ... it must be difficult in your first job in management to be bold when you look around at 4 huge full stands

Just now, Thermopylae said:

I wonder sometimes if the job is a little too big for him ... it must be difficult in your first job in management to be bold when you look around at 4 huge full stands

Not sure about that one mate, he's had expectation his entire career - different pressure but not sure the job is too big for him.

For me it's just a knowledge thing at the moment, he's made a few rookie errors which have cost us points this season no doubt - positives still far outweigh the negatives for me though. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Not sure about that one mate, he's had expectation his entire career - different pressure but not sure the job is too big for him.

For me it's just a knowledge thing at the moment, he's made a few rookie errors which have cost us points this season no doubt - positives still far outweigh the negatives for me though. 

Management is completely different though

22 hours ago, harlands plater said:

I don’t think we have a lot of success playing down the flanks either a lot of crosses either get blocked or are cleared by big central defenders, we don’t have wingers who can put a cross in like Cooper, Walters or McCann and we don’t have a DJ or Mark Hateley up front either. 

We score a lot of goals from crossed balls in to the box.  Tavernier’s delivery a prime example of it and he’s the main creative force in our team.  Barisic was putting in good crosses too and had about 4 assists before he went missing.  Still, he put in a good corner that resulted in a goal against Helsinki the other day.  

Hopefully, with Arfield and Davis in the centre of the pitch we can now create more from that area.