The Gaffers Naivety

KeyserSoze

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Gerrard showed his naive side by setting us up differently to accommodate two players who have hardly kicked a ball all season 

it affected our whole team tonight  

I hope he fucking realises what he did 

me, you and every other cunt could have picked the starting 11 - it’s naive 

I agree... In his defence... If he stuck with the team/system and we lost we'd criticise him for not starting Defoe/Davis.

We will never know, but we were very poor today and he has to hold his hands up for that

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

How many fucking times does he need to tinker with the formation before he clicks on? Fucking absolute amateur stuff. I still love the guy but right now I’m fucking seething with him. 

Rotating during the European run was justified up to a point but it looks like he can't make his mind up on his best 11.

19 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Waiting till they scored to change it shows hes got alot to learn

Back to the start of the season

15 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Worrall threw the game.

Wasn’t the only one

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Well he scored the winner...something he really shouldn't be doing if he is pish!!!

Keeper fucked it big time

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I can understand us wanting to get Defoe and Davis up to speed as soon as possible. They will only get fitter the more the play. For 20 minutes is was really comfortable and we could have been out of sight. If Worrall doesn't do that we probably win and everything is perfect. 3 points, Defoe scores, fitness in the bank and we also show we can play a different formation. Suddenly though an inexplicable mistake cost us. It shouldn't have but it did. We still had 70 minutes to rectify it however we just got worse and got what we deserved. For 70 minutes we just weren't good enough. That's not good enough.

Gerrard was poor. The players were poor. Gutting.

We don't have time to wait for two over the hill players to get up to speed. 

Said in the official match thread the other day that we shouldn’t change to a 442 to accommodate Defoe and sadly been proved right.

Think Defoe is a terrific signing and ideal to come on for Morelos and give him a rest or at least play the 2 of them at Ibrox.

To change formation and tactics so drastically for one of the toughest away games is just really poor management.

The fact Halliday was left back as well isn’t helping. That’s not a criticism of him but if you’re playing a narrow midfield you need an athletic full back and that’s clearly not him.

Too many of our away results are down to obvious bad management decisions and that’s a huge concern.

Just now, stewaj3 said:

I agree... In his defence... If he stuck with the team/system and we lost we'd criticise him for not starting Defoe/Davis.

We will never know, but we were very poor today and he has to hold his hands up for that

Doubt we’d have lost tbh. I wasn’t expecting Defoe to start 

Blinded by the names when he had no need to change the team that beat the scum. 

That said to begin with it worked we could’ve been 2-0 and game over, instead we gift a goal and let them go back to their game plan of sitting in and attacking on the break. Then McGregor has a howler from a 25 yard average strike  

It never worked on Sunday against Helsinki in the first half that formation, no idea why they’ve used it on a artificial surface against a well drilled Kilmarnock team. We looked lost, players went missing. Just fucking pish tbh

If we go with the same team against Livingston, I’ll probably greet. 

8 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

It's a poor poor league this year and it might be out best chance to stop the tarriers doing 10 in a row and we just keeping making the same mistakes in terms of not identifying our best 11 and we're at the end of January,Gerrard needs to up his game and learn before it's too late.

That is absolute bollocks, on the contrary it’s the best league competition the top flight in Scotland has seen in over 25 years. 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Well he scored the winner...something he really shouldn't be doing if he is pish!!!

No massive task scoring against that back line fucking abysmal if I was Katic I’d be putting a transfer request in with that pair keeping me out 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Blinded by the names when he had no need to change the team that beat the scum. 

That said to begin with it worked we could’ve been 2-0 and game over, instead we gift a goal and let them go back to their game plan of sitting in and attacking on the break. Then McGregor has a howler from a 25 yard average strike  

CB dress it up how you like but the managers fuck ups were to blame for that shambles tonight.......

Back to the same shit but with a few new faces. 

We are far to slow at getting forward and the CB seem to think they can play tiki taka, instead they are just giving the opposition the time to get their shape. We lack any sense of urgency and players who know how to read a game and make things happen, we crunched 2 players in and Gerrard need to carry the blame there.

I remember years ago we were playing piss poor but that season Dado Prso stood up and carried us at times, we don't have a player who can do this and have a pitch full of followers with no leader, was hoping Davis would be that leader but thinking back he was in the team Prso carried.

Had Worral played in teams gone by he would have got knocked out for that mistake. Could you imagine what that dressing room would have been like if Brown, Iain Ferguson or Souness had been there. 

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

His league record is pretty pish

The away form this season is the worst I can remember as a Rangers fan. It’s not acceptable and if he isn’t careful he will be punted because he clearly isn’t learning his lesson.

A win against them means fuck all when you throw away the next game and lose all advantage. 

Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee, hibs draws. Livi , killie, taigs defeats. Only conciliation and what’s keeping us in it at all is the there away record is worse

C852D1CB-B201-4CD8-8BD7-638C9CEBEB40.thumb.png.59c96926638ebec696835d61bff93319.png

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don't mind Davis starting ahead of McCrorie.  We should be playing with one CDM and two guys capable of creating something either side.  Many have forgotten this, but a lack of creativity from central midfield has been a major thorn in our side this season. 

The big mistake was moving away from our 4-3-3 counter pressing system altogether to shoehorn in Defoe.  We had no width especially down that left side.  Instead of Candeias pressing and chasing everything down we have Defoe just standing in the box.  Morelos was dropping ridiculously deep instead of leading the line.  It didn't work.

I never believed Defoe and Morelos would play as part of the same team.  No way we would go 4-4-2, or try the 3-5-2, I was sure we would stick with the 4-3-3 and rotate between Morelos or Defoe.  I'm really concerned we'll play Defoe all the time now, he'll become a luxury, and he'll do more harm than good.

I don't disagree with anything but the bit I've highlighted in bold. Chase what down? Taylor or Jones were barely ever on the ball down our right side, we had most of the ball all match.

10 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

We could make you the manager.....after all you did tell us all earlier tonight that we need not worry about Jordan Jones as he is absolute pish?

Like defoe he did fuck all apart from score one goal. Fortunately for jj his side scoed more than Rangers.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Doubt we’d have lost tbh. I wasn’t expecting Defoe to start 

I didn't expect him to start, I would have stuck with the same formation too.

Think candeias and mccrorie will be massively disappointed to be dropped.

As for would we have lost... I don't know.. I'd like to think not but we'll never know

I agree to a certain extent. It's not just accomodating 2 new players. It's the fact the 2 players haven't had a lot of game time recently and should have been broke in gradually.

Either way if Worrall doesn't fuck up in the first half I believe we win the game and Gerrard gets away with his team selection. 

This place is unreal, for 20mins tonight we totally controlled the game, i doubt at that point anyone was questioning the starting line up or formation....the facts are that fucking Worrall made an absolute pigs arse of it to let Killie back into the game, from that moment on Killie started playing a higher press on us which totally changed the way the game was being played, Gerrards Naivety is for not changing it a half time, that is what cost us, not the team he started with.

Think the OP is bang on. Players shoe horned in. It nullified our two most threatening players in Morelos and Kent which was plain to see from early on. I don't blame Gerrard for trying it but he should have changed things in the first half. 

The two at the back were just as shite. Katic before Worral all day long. 

Lessons have to be learned.