The Gaffers Naivety

KeyserSoze

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because after that McAuley should do better and so should that wank in goals

Kents pass left us badly exposed as we were pushing lots of men forward, Mcauley could of came in closer but if Jones takes him on their is a chance Mcauley brings him down leading to a sending off...and aye the goalie should be doing better

8 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Your right mate and it is doing my fucking nut in. But nearly everyone of those players bottled it tonight and that is not on.

Tactics and selection was wrong. Tav is pointless without candias. Shoehorn Davis and Defoe I who are clearly unfit. We can’t prize our own young centre half in because we have a mongo from Nottingham.

Joke from Gerrard. We all could have picked a better team tonight 

20 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don't disagree with anything but the bit I've highlighted in bold. Chase what down? Taylor or Jones were barely ever on the ball down our right side, we had most of the ball all match.

Jones scored the winning goal.  Candeias is hugely important to us pressing the opposition in possession and chasing back to help Tavernier in defense.  If Candeais was on the park, chasing back and helping out in defense as he normally does, maybe it doesn't happen. 

Too much of an emphasis placed on experience. 

Said it loads of times when both signed but once a player's time's up it's up.

You can't be half a yard short in this league.

Davis in particular looked like his legs have gone completely.

Wouldn't want to be going into work at the moment if I was The Dude after that Weah and Burke versus Defoe and Davis comparison he made.

Just now, hammer93 said:

Kents pass left us badly exposed as we were pushing lots of men forward, Mcauley could of came in closer but if Jones takes him on their is a chance Mcauley brings him down leading to a sending off...and aye the goalie should be doing better

Kent didn’t have a position all night which was worrying 

He's got the jacket chewing down to a tee, now he's just a comedy headstand away from going full Murty. 

Don't know if he's trying to be too clever or if he's just tactically inept but the signs aren't particularly encouraging at the moment and he has some big decisions to make for what will be another tough game at Livingston. 

Sadly the gaffer takes much of the blame, but Worrall cost us the game, which again and sadly, was Gerrard's pick and imo he should never be a starter before Katic. The gaffer suffers like most managers of the favourites sydrome and they get played game after game no matter how shite they are.

The game was a roller coaster to hell. Absolutely gutted.

From the Worrall selection to our formation. The gap between defence and midfield was horrendous. Jack, Arfield and Davis all trying to do the same job. The back line looked as rocky as I've seen them. I did see the quality in Davis, but he was too deep and I doubt he knew his role along with others. He's far better in a more forward position openng up defences.

Our build up was slow and predictable and all rather disjointed. Our tempo was poor.

I had no problem with both Davis and Defoe starting, but how we set up was all wrong.

On the plus side and even though we lost, the boy Kent is a hero. Led by example. The boy is quality and he burst his arse out there. I'm sure he was born with blue blood running through his veins. Just sign him ffs.

Lastly there are many points yet to be won and lost and I'm confident the scum will drop quite a few and that Gerrard will learn from this rather quickly and get us over the line. Think he was over confident in his naivity in making such a major change in formation on our first game back away from home, on a shitty night on a shitty park. That and keeping faith with that dud Worrall.

Gerrard was gutted. He wasn't expecting that. We caved in after their goal. Bawz will be chewed, along with him having a serious personal retrospective.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

He's as close to a genius as Scottish football gets at the moment IMO 

The job he has done is remarkable

He has his team playing hard to beat football in a league where the top 2 teams are misfiring and dropping points all over the place. 

Any other season season they are 10/12 points behind and just another also ran. 

2 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

He's got the jacket chewing down to a tee, now he's just a comedy headstand away from going full Murty. 

Don't know if he's trying to be too clever or if he's just tactically inept but the signs aren't particularly encouraging at the moment and he has some big decisions to make for what will be another tough game at Livingston. 

FFS he was a hero on the 29th and it's now this?!

Have a word ffs.

23 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Gerrard can't do anything about individual error from joe Worrall no tactical plan stops that

You can say what you like about team selection, formation tactics whatever, the truth is we were looking good until that twat did what he did. It was unforgiveable. Where I will find fault with Gerrard is if he keeps playing him over Katic,

Just now, TMB said:

Jones scored the winning goal.  Candeias is hugely important to us pressing the opposition in possession and chasing back to help Tavernier in defense.  If Candeais was on the park, chasing back and helping out in defense as he normally does, maybe it doesn't happen. 

Think that's a stretch mate. He might have I suppose if he was behind Tav when Kent passed it but there is no chance he would have got back if he was further up the park.

Tav was solid in defence (yet this will go largely unnoticed as it usually does) and Jones did nothing all game bar the goal, which came from an awful pass by Kent, then awful defending by both centre halves allowing a pretty tame shot, then awful goalkeeping.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He has his team playing hard to beat football in a league where the top 2 teams are misfiring and dropping points all over the place. 

Look at his budget tho, much less than the Sheep and they've had a consistent manager and team structure for 5 or so seasons

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Only reason Clarke is anywhere near the top two is because of the points us and the scum have thrown away. Kilmarnock are fuckin garbage .......

They are pish but they outrun and outfight us every time which we seem to have no answer to.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Gerrard fell into the trap of thinking even semi fit average or old EPL players will walk it in the SPL. The league is littered with these failures.

Yet Defoe looked every inch a 36 year old forward at the end if his career. So why play him?

We should stick with the 4-3-3.  That means playing with one striker.  There's a reason players like Defoe are becoming less popular in the game while guys like Morelos are highly sought after.  Morelos needs to play up top and lead the line.  Defoe shouldn't start just because of who he is.  My concern would be that we abandon our 4-3-3 to accomidate Defoe and Morelos.  With Defoe being on loan we might even have made commitments to play him.  If Morelos is out can Defoe even play as the one up top?  The more I think about it the more I don't like it.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can't deny he's not doing a great job with them sitting where they're sitting having beaten both us and the scum.

But the managerial genius shite is blood boiling. Any cunt can sit every man behind the ball. He then has a couple of forward players in Brophy and Jones who are better than most in the league outside of us and the scum. There's no genius in the tactics at all.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Gerrard fell into the trap of thinking even semi fit average or old EPL players will walk it in the SPL. The league is littered with these failures.

Yet Defoe looked every inch a 36 year old forward at the end if his career. So why play him?

Tonight was too early for him and definitely the wrong game to introduce him to Scottish football,Davis and Defoe maybe and should be used more at Ibrox against the lesser teams who we've struggled to break down lately.

38 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Rotating during the European run was justified up to a point but it looks like he can't make his mind up on his best 11.

As soon as I saw that first 11 I knew he’d fucked it. Start the same 11 that gubbed the fenians and make the new signings work for their place instead of l shoehorning them in cause’ they’re a big name. Fucked about with the formation and it’s fucked us AGAIN. How do the players respect a gaffer that doesn’t learn and fucks them around? Pathetic stuff. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Can't deny he's not doing a great job with them sitting where they're sitting having beaten both us and the scum.

But the managerial genius shite is blood boiling. Any cunt can sit every man behind the ball. He then has a couple of forward players in Brophy and Jones who are better than most in the league outside of us and the scum. There's no genius in the tactics at all.

Its not genius exactly but few teams can play well against it. On that budget he's worked a minor miracle IMO