***The Official Livingston v Rangers Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shaka said:

Sometimes a player needs to move away and play some first team games at a lower level to develop his game.  Rangers is a tough place to develop as a young player.  The crowd don't always support young players when they're making mistakes, look at the number of fans who were wanting to get rid of McCrorie, Middleton and every youth player that plays somebody will say he'll never make it after his first mistake.

A tough audience, but with a better manager he might have been brought on properly and given some protection - like Middleton seems to be getting now. 

4 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Morelos hasn't been sharp enough but did brilliantly to win the ball at our goal,at least if he's having a poor game in front of goal he's still contributing elsewhere.

Not to mention being extremely unlucky to hit the post.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They have more home clean sheets than we do

They're no great I agree but if you don't take them seriously they'll take points off you as they did earlier in the season

Honestly mate- if we are at the stage where we are saying that we are making teams like Livingston look ordinary is a postitive then I despair.

1 minute ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Shocking playing surface, how it’s allowed in top flight football is beyond me. If this game is shown around the world as an example of our game then no wonder we get peanuts for the television rights!

The hesgoal stream is coming from a  Swedish show, viasat fotboll.

Just now, Kai_Johansen said:

Shocking playing surface, how it’s allowed in top flight football is beyond me. If this game is shown around the world as an example of our game then no wonder we get peanuts for the television rights!

If you look at Jack's goal the ball does skip up about 10 yards out,random as fuck.

2 minutes ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Stadia have to meet a certain standard yet the playing surface does not - very odd

Pretty comfortable first half without playing particularly great. 

The long ball after long ball is clearly the tactic for today as it looks almost impossible to run with the ball without it getting stuck on the surface or bobbling away. Of course this negates Kent's best asset so I think there might be a change made there. 

They've offered nothing in an attacking sense so our defence has looked solid enough but I do worry that the longer it carries on at 1-0 the more likely it is they'll sneak a goal. 

1 minute ago, Kai_Johansen said:

The fact that Livingston played in the Championship with grass and then went plastic once promoted to the SPL makes it even more galling. It's up to the SPL member  club's to make them a non starter though.

2 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

We've been decent for most of the match, not looked great the last ten though which is worrying

Our passing has been brutal 

We've been winning the ball back well but then we just give it straight back.

Worralls need to punt absolutely everything up the field when not under pressure is doing my head in 

Archived