If We Don't Finish Top Two..

SonOfLuther

4 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

And the eldest one scored. 

Beat celtic and we are the new Barcelona and SG is the new Pep.
Lose to Killie we are the new dundee and SG is the new Pedro.

We lost yesterday because of Worrall, he fucked that game right up and shouldn't be playing again. 

But he will be playing again.. most probably play the majority of our remaining games.

To win a league championship . You have to show some decent level of consistency . We have improved a little from last years while our rivals have come back the way

There is no way this team are winning the league . We had better get used to it

With the exception of the OF games . They have constantly let us down in the bigger matches

No wins v Kilmarnock , Hivs and Aberdeen in league having played both twice

Then there's the European games we fucked up

And please stop with all the superlatives when we win a few games

We all want our club to do well but we are sadly well short with the quality required

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

We need stability at the moment. Just over half a season of Gerrard does not constitute as this. 

in that half a season, Gerrard has tried to build a team from the ground up, has gotten us to the group stage of the Europa league, and has given us out first 90 minutes win over them in 7/8 years. 

When we are beaten, we are beaten by the odd goal, not 4,5-0 like previous managers. We are a tougher team to beat, we do have a tougher mentality than previous squads.

perspective needs to be taken here, and realistically Gerrards job this season was to be competitive, narrow the gap and probably win a cup competition. We all want the league, but it would have to have been some swing to do it this season. Expectations have risen with the European run, a nowhere near as consistent celtic squad, and us winning the of game, but let's not forget where we are.

Sure, progress is slow but there are signs we will be there soon. (Though he does need to punt worrall)

Most sensible post I’ve read this morning👍

Rookie mistake changing a winning team and system to accommodate new signings. We should have started with the team that beat celtic and introduced Defoe and Davis later when the game was won. This was a game where you had to battle for the right to play the way you want and we didn’t do that. In many ways, the early goal didn’t help us.

Playing Kent out of position didn’t work and Candeias certainly didn’t deserve to be left out,

Gerrard is still learning the job and I would hope that he wouldn’t make the same mistake again.

4 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Most sensible post I’ve read this morning👍

Rookie mistake changing a winning team and system to accommodate new signings. We should have started with the team that beat celtic and introduced Defoe and Davis later when the game was won. This was a game where you had to battle for the right to play the way you want and we didn’t do that. In many ways, the early goal didn’t help us.

Playing Kent out of position was didn’t work and Candeias certainly didn’t deserve to be left out,

Gerrard is still learning the job and I would hope that he wouldn’t make the same mistake again.

it's the unfortunate side of hiring a manager who hasn't managed a first team squad competitively. There will be mistakes, and hopefully he does learn, although he should have learned by now that every game against us is a cup final for these teams, and that Killie have the best average points talley in the league, so the mentality should have been the same as the celtic game. 

width is our strength and we didn't play to that at all

3 hours ago, SonOfLuther said:

If the quality of player has improved, the team really hasn't.

Are you going to tolerate 3rd, maybe even 4th come the seasons end and believe we will then turn it around the following season with the same management?

If we're not first then it matters not a jot if we are 2nd or third. But to suggest sacking our management team over it ludicrous. Anybody with eyes can see we have improved. Even Walter had games where we didn't win.

IMO we were beat because of the pitch. It gives Kilmarnock an advantage and our players don't play well on it. 

As others have said we need to learn to break teams down and in my mind we need to get over the fear of plastic pitches.

IF we don't finish top 2 with the money we've spent this then any Rangers manager should be sacked, doesn't matter if it's Gerrard or fucking Mourinho. The fact that its even up for debate is an absolute joke. These teams have pennies in comparison to us, the facilities & the players we have are light years ahead of them.

We won't beat teams every week like the old days, even then we still had horrible results but over the course of a season, we 100% have to be ahead of every team in this league bar the taigs, simple as that. 

At the beginning of the season all I asked of Gerrard was to beat the cannon fodder around us in the league,forget StPats,just beat the teams that we should be beating and see where it gets us.In my opinion he has failed dramatically in that sense,We are no better than we have been in the past few years if truth be told and the manager is what he is ,a high profile youth coach learning his trade and displaying all the traits of that .One day he may become a good manager but I highly doubt it will be with us.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The only way the management team should be removed is if we don't finsh 2nd. 

Only one man should be in the dugout if that happen Walter Smith

Glad somebody said it, they should 100% be removed if we don't finish 2nd. The amount of posts I've seen from people saying even if he finishes 3rd (or worse) he still stays is baffling

Would be a big embarrassment if we sacked Gerrard, he might not have the knowledge yet but he has the respect, it was always going to be a big ask to stop the filth this season but he has to produce the goods next season.

I believe he needs a mentor in the background, second place is a must though this season.

The notion of changing managers and starting again needs to end.

Yes he needs to improve, potentially get a better tactician along side him, but we can't keep chopping and changing and having  squads made up of countless sacked managers players.

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The only way the management team should be removed is if we don't finsh 2nd. 

Only one man should be in the dugout if that happen Walter Smith

No No No. this is a work in progress. A project if you will. Are we better? Yes. Will we get better? Yes. We can’t keep firing managers. The league isn’t done yet. Need to have some perspective here before we go off the deep end. Did anyone really think the league could be won this year?  As for Walter, no, that’s not happening. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

No No No. this is a work in progress. A project if you will. Are we better? Yes. Will we get better? Yes. We can’t keep firing managers. The league isn’t done yet. Need to have some perspective here before we go off the deep end. Did anyone really think the league could be won this year?  As for Walter, no, that’s not happening. 

Yes, too many from the outset.

Sad to say I allowed myself to believe it was a possibility between 29th Dec and yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The notion of changing managers and starting again needs to end.

Yes he needs to improve, potentially get a better tactician along side him, but we can't keep chopping and changing and having  squads made up of countless sacked managers players.

So say we finish 3rd or even 4th, we're closer to that than we are to 2nd just now so it's not inconceivable 

Does Gerrard and his staff still stay?

Do we trust him with another 8-10 million in the summer? (Maybe more if Morelos goes and we get the funds) 

2nd is the absolute minimum any Rangers team should finish, never mind one which has spent the amount on transfers/wages that we have in the last 6/7 months. 

The blame for how far the taigs are ahead overall can't lie at Gerrards door but the failure to be the best of the rest should.

It is quite conceivable we finish 3rd and papped oot both cups. That is the sad reality of it. The other reality is we have to stick with gerrard and team until his contract expires. I am hoping the board have a lot more longterm insight than a lot of the moaning minnies panty wetters on here. I have a feeling gerrard will be here as long as klopp is doing a great job at liverpool. Good.

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

I agree with everything you say mate we are better etc but he needs to finish 2nd. I believe we will

If Gerrard is punted then our next manager must be Walter Smith whilst we still have 10 to stop

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sad to say I allowed myself to believe it was a possibility between 29th Dec and yesterday. 

I know mate, I actually had thoughts it was possible, but only after the 29th of Dec. My heart ruled my head at that point. Last nights result brought me back to reality. Brain back in gear now and quietly hoping. 

4 minutes ago, CoopsLaud said:

It is quite conceivable we finish 3rd and papped oot both cups. That is the sad reality of it. The other reality is we have to stick with gerrard and team until his contract expires. I am hoping the board have a lot more longterm insight than a lot of the moaning minnies panty wetters on here. I have a feeling gerrard will be here as long as klopp is doing a great job at liverpool. Good.

How can that possibly be acceptable? Anything can happen in the cup games as they are 1 off matches where we could win/lose so taking them out the equation 

We've spent a fucking fortune & with what you're saying, it's alright to finish 3rd either behind a piss poor Aberdeen side or behind Steve Clarke's Kilmarnock...seriously? 

12 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

So say we finish 3rd or even 4th, we're closer to that than we are to 2nd just now so it's not inconceivable 

Does Gerrard and his staff still stay?

Do we trust him with another 8-10 million in the summer? (Maybe more if Morelos goes and we get the funds) 

2nd is the absolute minimum any Rangers team should finish, never mind one which has spent the amount on transfers/wages that we have in the last 6/7 months. 

The blame for how far the taigs are ahead overall can't lie at Gerrards door but the failure to be the best of the rest should.

Twist or stick?

I'd stick as for me the bigger picture is one I can see potential in. To twist would be compounding the issue of yet another manager, more chaos, the cost and problems of a new guy having 4 ex manager's signings. And who would we go for that would be realistic in these circumstances of winning a league at 1st attempt (that will be the demand)?

Nope, not for me, it's far too soon even if we don't finish 2nd.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've always believed we could win it but I'd take a fuck up from the scum to do so because the lack of depth and quality. Finish 2nd this year then in the summer with backing from the board and the morelos money on top I believe we will finally have a squad capable of challenging over 38games.