If We Don't Finish Top Two..

SonOfLuther

7 hours ago, SonOfLuther said:

and finish the season empty handed..

What will the consequences be for Gerrard & Co.?

Too early to think about it or time to start preparing for what is becoming inevitable?

I'm truly hoping for the best but absolutely preparing for the worst, the latter seems more realistic. 

Fuck up ya hand wringing tarrier pattered daftie!

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

The knee jerk reaction syndrome is getting ridiculous these days .Then the minute we win a couple and the tarriers slip up we are the best thing since sliced bread .

Don't know why folk put themselves through it .

Fair enough if the gap grows one way or the other then have a reaction. but not this erratic pendulum of emotion .

At this rate we will never win the league for a generation if we chop and change every 6months to a year 

Was raging last night but everyone has been dropping points this season and that will continue. 

Signing Davis and Defoe changed expectations. Gerrard has been backed financially to go after the title and IIRC eskbankloyal said that was the goal after the OF game. If he finishes second he can argue it’s a season too soon to win the league but if he finishes third or fourth then he’ll have no choice but to step down IMO.

7 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

This has been the 3rd restart we've had since McCoist. 

The improvement is there for all to see. 

Anyone suggesting Gerrard should be sacked is, and I'm sugarcoating this, a fucking mongo cunt. 

RM contains some of the most bi-polar behaviour I've ever witnessed.

So, if we finish 3rd that's acceptable then aye? 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Signing Davis and Defoe changed expectations. Gerrard has been backed financially to go after the title and IIRC eskbankloyal said that was the goal after the OF game. If he finishes second he can argue it’s a season too soon to win the league but if he finishes third or fourth then he’ll have no choice but to step down IMO.

I've been thinking about that today. Do you think he would? He could look at it that he's getting out before he does irreversible damage to his reputation but if he walks away after 1 season he's basically holding his hands up that he isn't capable, I think that would be really bad for him too.

Could go either way.

8 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I've been thinking about that today. Do you think he would? He could look at it that he's getting out before he does irreversible damage to his reputation but if he walks away after 1 season he's basically holding his hands up that he isn't capable, I think that would be really bad for him too.

Could go either way.

I think enough people still think that we are a basket case of a club that he would be able to use that as an out or a reason as to why it hasn’t worked.

8 hours ago, SonOfLuther said:

We currently sit 3rd, level wae Aberdeen.

Before last night we were joint top. 

Do we sack Gerrard, bring a new manager in and give him a contract on a game by game basis to suit the bipolar spastics on here? 

One game it's yassss 55 it's on, the next it's oh fucking boo 10IAR is a certainty. 

A team managed by a guy who's just starting out is inconsistent, who'd a thunk it? 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Was raging last night but everyone has been dropping points this season and that will continue. 

was pissed off myself. but just can't get my head round the reaction to get rid of the manager. 

when appointed we were told he had the full package apart from experience. 

post match fans are coming out with .the 2 new guys shouldn't have started etc and why wasn't Mcrorie playing. why was that dumpling Worrel playing .

Pre match there was a clamour for Defoe and Davis to play and Worrell was superb in the game against the tarriers. 

Hindsight is a great thing .unfortunately no manager knows how a games going to pan out .no matter how experianced .

I try and steer clear of this place after a bad result as it just pisses me off even more. And if this place is bad the fans pages on Facebook are 10 times worse 

Social media has a lot to answer for 

Can’t sack Gerrard, just stupid. Then what? we bring in a new manager and let him bring in 15 new players? We need consistency. My only worry is that we have an aging team and next season we need a bit of a clear out. Gerrard stays unless he finishes 4th and gets knocked out SC before semi stage 

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think enough people still think that we are a basket case of a club that he would be able to use that as an out or a reason as to why it hasn’t worked.

Maybe but I think him being able to bring in Davis and Defoe may have changed that

I'm not one for sacking Gerrard. You will never find someone more committed to the cause but I am a little concerned about our signing policy. Flannagn, Worrall, Coulibaly, Laverty, Sadiq, Ejaria are/were not the way forward. He has fallen out with the three Baltic boys and thankfully the latest two signings are only loans because they are not the answer. I'm not overly excited about Jones either. So who has worked out - McGregor, Goldson & Kent. I lost a little bit of faith in Gerrard when he signed Davis & Defoe. Having barely kicked a ball in a year, they a clearly not match fit yet they were signed expecting them to get us to 55. I disagree. I also fear the chemistry has changed because of the recent signings. Morelos may start to sulk again and the look on Tavernier's face spoke volumes in the post match.

if it weren't for 10IAR looming id say he should be sacked for finishing 3rd or below, but the fact we need to stop 10 and can't start again from square one paired with the fact some are starstruck and will never criticise him id say his jobs safe till next season at least 

i reckon they'll get 10 tho I don't think Gerrard has what it takes

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

if it weren't for 10IAR looming id say he should be sacked for finishing 3rd or below, but the fact we need to stop 10 and can't start again from square one paired with the fact some are starstruck and will never criticise him id say his jobs safe till next season at least 

i reckon they'll get 10 tho I don't think Gerrard has what it takes

Surely with the fact 10 is looming we need change sooner rather than later? I actually don’t think the nucleus of the squad is bad at all but some team selections and tactics leave a lot to be desired.

10 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Surely with the fact 10 is looming we need change sooner rather than later? I actually don’t think the nucleus of the squad is bad at all but some team selections and tactics leave a lot to be desired.

Who replaces him? When? How much budget does the next guy get? What are the minimum expectations for the next guy? How long does this guy get to deliver those expectations?

37 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

sacking a manager changes everyones mentality though, it makes players anxious and unsettled, it would take another year to get back to where we are.

I dont know what our options are, I don't know how Gerrard or Mccalister couldn't see what was wrong last night. Gerrard seems to have a thing for Worral and refuses to take him off. 

We can't go sacking the manager again it would turn us into a bigger shambles. Aside from bringing in a more experienced assistant or something i dont know what we can do.

The spine of the squad are all in their mid 30s, they're not getting any better or any quicker, if they cant handle it this season they won't be able to handle it next season. Morelos is the only quality player we have and I hope we don't sell him

if we don't stop 10 this year then i can't see us stopping it next year without bringing in a whole new backbone to the squad which will then need time to settle. 10IAR for them is starting to look like a real prospect, our main problem is our management and we can't change it without screwing the whole morale of the Club, were between a rock and a hard place 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Who replaces him? When? How much budget does the next guy get? What are the minimum expectations for the next guy? How long does this guy get to deliver those expectations?

Wish I had the answer to these questions but an experienced manager who’s managed at a high level would surely be a step in the right direction, we’re making far too many basic errors 

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

sacking a manager changes everyones mentality though, it makes players anxious and unsettled, it would take another year to get back to where we are.

I dont know what our options are, I don't know how Gerrard or Mccalister couldn't see what was wrong last night. Gerrard seems to have a thing for Worral and refuses to take him off. 

We can't go sacking the manager again it would turn us into a bigger shambles. Aside from bringing in a more experienced assistant or something i dont know what we can do.

The spine of the squad are all in their mid 30s, they're not getting any better or any quicker, if they cant handle it this season they won't be able to handle it next season. Morelos is the only quality player we have and I hope we don't sell him

if we don't stop 10 this year then i can't see us stopping it next year without bringing in a whole new backbone to the squad which will then need time to settle. 10IAR for them is starting to look like a real prospect, our main problem is our management and we can't change it without screwing the whole morale of the Club, were between a rock and a hard place 

The spine of the side doesn’t need to be mid 30’s tho, lets make our spine Goldson Jack and Morelos and build a side round about them, rather than shuffle them about to accommodate over the hill players, I genuinely think an experienced manager would transform that squad 

If we don't finish as winners or 2nd then that's the way the games will have gone this season.   A statement of the blindingly obvious but where we finish up in the league will - over the course of the season - be the position our results deserve no matter how much we might think that a different outcome should have been achieved.  The facts of league points won will be the facts.  Plain and simple.

Regardless of where we finish Gerrard will still be the manager unless Gerrard himself decides to bail out if he gets an offer to join another club.  I doubt he'd be sacked or even feel he had to walk away even if the season finishes very badly and no European slot for next season.  Why?  Because the Board will think it has made a managerial investment that needs enough seasons to deliver the sort of Rangers title winning side we all want to see.  And because the 150th anniversary is on the horizon and we cannot - simply cannot - keep chopping and changing managers in the hope of striking it lucky and finding one that can actually provide instant success.   

Gerrard is the bet the Board has placed on our behalf.   They will let that bet play out regardless of how well or badly things go and it'll be Gerrard himself who will decide when time is up.