If We Don't Finish Top Two..

SonOfLuther

1 hour ago, VallancesDog said:

This. 

3 points behind and the “league is done”. 🙄

We are 3 points behind, 6 if they win their game in hand and they have a goal difference that’s as good as a point.

Have you seen any consistency from us this season that suggests we are going to win at least seven more points than them in the coming five months?

33 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Surely he’s here to stop them winning 8?

In theory, aye. The aim for us should be to win the league regardless of what happens but I'm pretty sure everyone would have unanimously agreed that it'd be a speculator achievement for him to win it at the first attempt, back when he was appointed.

On 24/01/2019 at 06:01, SonOfLuther said:

and finish the season empty handed..

What will the consequences be for Gerrard & Co.?

Too early to think about it or time to start preparing for what is becoming inevitable?

I'm truly hoping for the best but absolutely preparing for the worst, the latter seems more realistic. 

We have got some amount of utter fannies in our support, starting with this clown.

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Attempted Rapist - surely?

allegedly ... 

Nonce wing of Bar-L awaits 

Spectacular fall from grace, from the man who would lead Scotland to independence and break up the UK to a sex offender in protection. 

Fucking mugs like you voted for that creep, and probably still hang off every lie he speaks. 

Shameful 

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Nonce wing of Bar-L awaits 

Spectacular fall from grace, from the man who would lead Scotland to independence and break up the UK to a sex offender in protection. 

Fucking mugs like you voted for that creep, and probably still hang off every lie he speaks. 

Shameful 

Always looked a dodgy cunt though.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Reach for the stars.

Gerrard still needs more time we knew he was learning his trade so we have to allow for that.

Exactly, fuck their 10iar. I couldn't give a flying fuck about that, I want a Manager who can stay long term and build a bright future for us. Got to give him 3 or 4 years minimum. You can't turn around nearly a decade of mis management in all departments of the football club in just 6 months.

I reckon only about 10-12 points will separate the current top 4. The reality is that the league is much more competitive with both us and the tims dropping more points than you'd expect in more traditional title races like 2011. The odds are against us but they always were, our position at Christmas raised expectations but where we are right now is really not far off what many would have expected. We just need to hope the tims blink next and so on. It's going to be this way for the rest of the season. It's unlikely but certainly not over just yet.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We are 3 points behind, 6 if they win their game in hand and they have a goal difference that’s as good as a point.

Why do people say such silly things? a point is better than any goal difference will ever be.

You finish 1 point in front you win the league, c'mon to fuck mate:lol:

On 24/01/2019 at 12:17, Brian Fantana said:

this season was always gong to be hit or miss in terms of winning the league but i'm more worried about next season now. 

if the board will only give Gerrard the ST money and any money made from selling players we currently have, he will need to pull off some magic to get a squad that's capable of winning the league next season. 

Morelos will be gone, possibly Tav and a few others and a lot of the squad just aren't up to it. another rebuild on a small budget is not filling me with confidence. 

If the First bold part happens, and then the 2nd bold part happens, I fail to see how we would be doing the rebuild on a small budget.

22 hours ago, evenstevens said:

The excitement of beating celtic and drawing level had clouded the fact that we were also only 1 point above Killie and 3 ahead of Aberdeen. We are now level with Aberdeen and behind Killie. 

At best it's a title fight. At worst it's a dog fight for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. 

The league position argument a is a bit of a red herring right now, it's so close that it could change easily.

Yes we are joint 3rd this week,  next week we could be joint top again.

I'd be worried about being joint 3rd is 2nd was 6 points away and 1st was 10+ points away.

I think it's a tough task to win the league this year, it' probably too much, too soon.  We are in with a shout and still competing which is enough for me right now.  If we continue to fall away fro 1st then I will start to worry.

23 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

you think we've had a large budget to buy players in years gone by under King?

It hasn't been small anyway.

My point is if we are using the money from players sold +ST income to rebuild the squad, then it wouldn't be a small budget.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Have you seen any consistency from us this season that suggests we are going to win at least seven more points than them in the coming five months?

Have you seen any form from them that suggests they are going to go on some amazing unbeaten run.