Gerrard has credit in the bank.

KingKirk

12 minutes ago, Sket said:

The only reason we are 'still in there' is because they are having a shocking season as well,yet we STILL can't catch them because we shite ourselves anytime we get near them. We won't get 9 out of 9,you can almost guarantee that. Fuck we'll be lucky to draw on Sunday.

i agree 

14 minutes ago, Dickie said:

“If I had picked the same team that beat celtic and we didn’t win I would have got abuse for not changing it” and “worrall held his hands up for the mistake” yet another 2 comical statements from our manager who is in danger of morphing into Warburton. If the scum weren’t so fucking bad we would be a record number of points behind them,what credit do you give a Rangers manager who trails Kilmarnock in the league. 

This is probably true tbf mate 😆

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

They have been shite this year that's what helping Gerrard lets not kid ourselves on.

You mean the league is the most competitive it has been in years and three points separate the top four teams after Christmas for the first time in how long. 

3 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You mean the league is the most competitive it has been in years and three points separate the top four teams after Christmas for the first time in how long. 

I don't think you have ever left Leeds if you think that, the Scottish leagues a joke now and has been for some time.

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think that says more about the abilities of the managers who arent working with big budgets. So whos getting the better results ? 

Absolute shite.

He's got credit it in the bank because there's clear signs of improvement, we made the Europa league group stages (after 4 qualifying rounds) and didn't get embarrassed and he's managed to beat the tims in a league game which was our first in 20 odd games against them. 

Yes, the league form is disappointing but to say the only reason he has credit in the bank is because he's Steven Gerrard is nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

I don't think you have ever left Leeds if you think that, the Scottish leagues a joke now and has been for some time.

I live in London :happy:.

I wasn't comparing the Scottish league with other leagues though that's a different argument.

You said they've been shit this which is what's helping Gerrard, I'm saying the league is the most competitive it's been in years - when looking at the facts it's hard to argue with that. 

10 minutes ago, Bertent said:

I think that says more about the abilities of the managers who arent working with big budgets. So whos getting the better results ? 

No doubt that Clarke is the best manager in this league but I think looking at 'budgets' alone is too binary.

Yes they are a huge part, but so is the fact teams raise their game against us more than most - even more so than they do the tarriers - Kilmarnock are not under pressure to win the league/cup or even games. Their fans are happy with mediocre which is a completely different pressure to manage within. 

I agree with the budget we have and facilities we should be doing better, but we also have to consider successive failures on squad investment, the amount of dead-weight we have hanging around our neck with the likes of Pena, Herrera, Dodoo etc. 

And there is no denying the league is more competitive which means results are harder fought. 

Ffs, after the old firm game he was a messiah. Now he's a dud 90 mins later.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. He is young Manager learning his trade. He will undoubtedly make mistakes (and has done). But he has a winner's mentality and a status that can attract players that otherwise wouldn't come.

We have no money for a Laudrup or a  Gascoigne, but we make the same demands  and expect the same results from much lesser players. 

Its a cup final to all the other teams playing us but nowadays there is barely a difference in quality between us and the rest.

Everyone's disappointed after last night, but we can't keep changing Managers every time we lose a game.

I live in London :happy:.

I wasn't comparing the Scottish league with other leagues though that's a different argument.

You said they've been shit this which is what's helping Gerrard, I'm saying the league is the most competitive it's been in years - when looking at the facts it's hard to argue with that. 

The league is shit just look at the players considered great now in it they are all average shite, the standard of the league is poor now. Our points tally under Gerrard will not be much better than last season under previous poor managers.

No doubt that Clarke is the best manager in this league but I think looking at 'budgets' alone is too binary.

Yes they are a huge part, but so is the fact teams raise their game against us more than most - even more so than they do the tarriers - Kilmarnock are not under pressure to win the league/cup or even games. Their fans are happy with mediocre which is a completely different pressure to manage within. 

I agree with the budget we have and facilities we should be doing better, but we also have to consider successive failures on squad investment, the amount of dead-weight we have hanging around our neck with the likes of Pena, Herrera, Dodoo etc. 

And there is no denying the league is more competitive which means results are harder fought. 

So you blame the board then for appointing poor managers and letting them spend money on useless shite?

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Some good points made.

Also think Killie are terrible to watch (maybe the pitch) but it tends to suit their style

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

The league is shit just look at the players considered great now in it they are all average shite, the standard of the league is poor now. Our points tally under Gerrard will not be much better than last season under previous poor managers.

You’re missing the point, regardless of the standard within the Scottish league the games are more competitive. 

2 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Ffs, after the old firm game he was a messiah. Now he's a dud 90 mins later.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. He is young Manager learning his trade. He will undoubtedly make mistakes (and has done). But he has a winner's mentality and a status that can attract players that otherwise wouldn't come.

We have no money for a Laudrup or a  Gascoigne, but we make the same demands  and expect the same results from much lesser players. 

Its a cup final to all the other teams playing us but nowadays there is barely a difference in quality between us and the rest.

Everyone's disappointed after last night, but we can't keep changing Managers every time we lose a game.

Not a dud I didn't say that I believe he will get it right but if we were in this position under Warburton pedro Murty fans would be calling for a change. The European run and the fact he is Gerrard means hes been cut more slack domestically than those above..

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You’re missing the point, regardless of the standard within the Scottish league the games are more competitive. 

Not missing any point this leagues the poorest I've seen it if competitive means every team is shite you'd have a point.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Not a dud I didn't say that I believe he will get it right but if we were in this position under Warburton pedro Murty fans would be calling for a change. The European run and the fact he is Gerrard means hes been cut more slack domestically than those above..

And beating them too which was a must.

The other difference is we haven't been hammered in any game results-wise. We took a few heavy beatings under Warbs & Pedro so we have been stronger there.