Rangers reaching out to ethnic minorities

RangersMedia

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That just shows them we a great stadium then they pick up a paper and it’s Rangers fans this and Rangers fans that. They think fuck that I’m not going to go to an actual game with these idiots. 

Couldn't agree more Rangers and it's fans are a free hit 

18 hours ago, shaka said:

I already said earlier I play football every week with friends from uni and most of them support celtic.  Also my Dad, uncle and sister all support them.  They're always telling me that as a muslim of Pakistani background I shouldn't support Rangers because it's a racist team.

mate fair play to you for bucking the trend in your household and supporting the most passionately followed club in the world. You chose right. Even when we're losing we're winning because 'they' will always be unwelcome misfits in a foreign land.

11 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

On a broader scale that is probably the case, but on the small you could probably encourage some people to go to a game with this sort of gesture. That's a start man, I don't get why people are so against this.

Im not I just feel it’s a pointless idea to try and encourage different folk to come watch Rangers, and seems simply to tick some box that we trying to invlobe minority’s. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Im not I just feel it’s a pointless idea to try and encourage different folk to come watch Rangers, and seems simply to tick some box that we trying to invlobe minority’s. 

Don't get me wrong I don't think this gonna have a massive effect either, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that it influences a few people to go a game if they go on the tour, at which point they'll see that Rangers fans aren't the racists some people claim, then they might overhear people saying Rangers fans are racist or something they might correct them on it.  

Surely worth a try? literally not a downside to it.

8 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Don't get me wrong I don't think this gonna have a massive effect either, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that it influences a few people to go a game if they go on the tour, at which point they'll see that Rangers fans aren't the racists some people claim, then they might overhear people saying Rangers fans are racist or something they might correct them on it.  

You want to get hold of a generation then get into the schools on a regular basis hold football fundays hand out free tickets get them before they grow up and get influenced by the media. 

17 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Nah you're living in the past if you think football clubs don't need a good PR machine in the age social media. 

Why? kids running around with Barca Real Madrid and man city tops why is that because of PR or social media nope it's because they are the most successful start winning the fans come

1 hour ago, sRcFoCt said:

Yeah that is the point when a football club was just about football and the fans, no PR bullshit a football club playing football for its loyal base.

But in my lifetime Rangers have always been more than just about football, so no I can't remember it:lol:

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

Why? kids running around with Barca Real Madrid and man city tops why is that because of PR or social media hope it's because they are the most successful start winning the fans come

Because the vast majority of young people are on social media all the time, half them even get their news through social media, it's a great vehicle for PR, every big club now has good social media presence. Are they all wrong and wasting their time/money?

29 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

This one time a mhanky scum fan said to me Rangers are racist so a said they are not racist they invited me and all ma minority pals for a free tour and wee presentation at the end, whilst getting the freebies i wondered to myself why it was free just for me and my mates and that re-enforced my feelings of being hard done to, keeping the vicictimhood complex up,  because why would they do it unless they had some guilt forced upon them by affirmative actions of the the pc brigade 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Wake up and see whats happening ffs. 

When we cant sell season tickets then i'll start worrying about hunting for new fans who dont give a fuck about us in the first place. 

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You want to get hold of a generation then get into the schools on a regular basis hold football fundays hand out free tickets get them before they grow up and get influenced by the media. 

Exactly, not group identities, just a generation. Regardless of race, religion or culture. Just seeing people as humans not groups and giving freebies away to particular sections of society. A fairer society for all is what i'm told....

6 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Because the vast majority of young people are on social media all the time, half them even get their news through social media, it's a great vehicle for PR, every big club now has good social media presence. Are they all wrong and wasting their time/money?

You got kids? What age do kids go on social media my kids know about Rangers because of me not social media. my daughter who is 6 and started football said she wanted a Rangers top not because of PR but because of watching Rangers with me by the time kids are on social media 11,12, a club has been cemented in the soul

39 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

This one time a mhanky scum fan said to me Rangers are racist so a said they are not racist they invited me and all ma minority pals for a free tour and wee presentation at the end, whilst getting the freebies i wondered to myself why it was free just for me and my mates and that re-enforced my feelings of being hard done to, keeping the vicictimhood complex up,  because why would they do it unless they had some guilt forced upon them by affirmative actions of the the pc brigade 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Wake up and see whats happening ffs. 

When we cant sell season tickets then i'll start worrying about hunting for new fans who dont give a fuck about us in the first place. 

:lol:

Yeah and you're not a snowflake. Absolutely seething because you're not getting a free tour.

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

Yeah because we support Rangers we invest in it  whats your earliest memory  of supporting Rangers

Going to my uncles to watch games with my dad and having a pre-match and post-match sash bash, so aye, more than just the football.

A good intitiative by the club and to be commended for it. Inclusiveness is a good thing.

However, taigs will never assimilate and will not rally to the call. Their cause is divide and rule. It's in the DNA to hate us and I can't say I would be too disappointed.

On 28/01/2019 at 18:56, sRcFoCt said:

You got kids? What age do kids go on social media my kids know about Rangers because of me not social media. my daughter who is 6 and started football said she wanted a Rangers top not because of PR but because of watching Rangers with me by the time kids are on social media 11,12, a club has been cemented in the soul

Loads of people get into football at a much later stage in life. Not everyone grows up in a household where one the parents like football and support a team, you're also neglecting the fact that loads of people have a  2nd team who they like to see do well and regularly buy their tops/merch. 

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Going to my uncles to watch games with my dad and having a pre-match and post-match sash bash, so aye, more than just the football.

You see the club at it's centre is a football club it cared about its fans at one time, the players would join in with a sash bash I understand your point about it being more than a football club but as I have stated it's the fans that feel that way including myself. no offence but the club would drop you in a heart beat because of a sash bash why? Because of the image 20 30 year ago the club wouldn't bother now a days they would rather keep a minority happy than the majority.

That's what I mean about remember when football clubs was just about football.

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

You see the club at it's centre is a football club it cared about its fans at one time, the players would join in with a sash bash I understand your point about it being more than a football club but as I have stated it's the fans that feel that way including myself. no offence but the club would drop you in a heart beat because of a sash bash why? Because of the image 20 30 year ago the club wouldn't bother now a days they would rather keep a minority happy than the majority.

That's what I mean about remember when football clubs was just about football.

I was at a sash bash a few weeks ago and I still have my season ticket mate.

Our football club has always been about more than just football for me, that's the only point I am making mate.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

I was at a sash bash a few weeks ago and I still have my season ticket mate.

Our football club has always been about more than just football for me, that's the only point I am making mate.

I know mate my point is a simpler time that a wish for your still one of my favs on here mate 😘

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

I know mate my point is a simpler time that a wish for your still one of my favs on here mate 😘

:tu:

As the years go by and in the social media climate, being seen to being socially acceptable is at an all time high, it's the way of the world now for better or worse is debatable.

The beggars are good at getting the positive PR out while we usually just go about our business and seek no credit publically, the club have realised that has to change to promote a more positive image of us being an all-inclusive club and I don't see a problem with it.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

A good intitiative by the club and to be commended for it. Inclusiveness is a good thing.

However, taigs will never assimilate and will not rally to the call. Their cause is divide and rule. It's in the DNA to hate us and I can't say I would be too disappointed.

How is it inclusive if it is only available to ethnic minorities?! That's the very definition of exclusivity!