Rangers reaching out to ethnic minorities

RangersMedia

3 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

Aye people are always coming up to me....aye ones with agendas. Some mates he has, and these are supposed to be the educated ones from uni fs. 

Therein lies the problem,leftie/libtard University agendas😉. If they need evidence,tell them to take at look at the makeup of both teams/clubs:UK:

19 minutes ago, NamibianBear said:

That's a bit naive mate - just because you have never experienced it does not mean it doesn not exist. And beside, it wasn't about being oppressed, was about racism in general and I would guarantee there are areas (still) in Scotland that the residents would be racist towards you.  It's human nature to love/hate your neighbours.

A very apt selection of words.

I would guarantee that those statements would be a hell of allot more applicable in Scotland if you were from a minority rather than if you were a straight white man. Given this, I really dont understand why people have a problem with a programme to try and entice people from ethnic backgrounds to come and experience Rangers.

The idea that straight white men in Scotland are being oppressed is just a bit ludicrous to be honest.

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

A very apt selection of words.

I would guarantee that those statements would be a hell of allot more applicable in Scotland if you were from a minority rather than if you were a straight white man. Given this, I really dont understand why people have a problem with a programme to try and entice people from ethnic backgrounds to come and experience Rangers.

The idea that straight white men in Scotland are being oppressed is just a bit ludicrous to be honest.

This might be true mate but straight white men still have to pay for stadium tours while others get it free 🤣

3 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

I'm not going to sit quiet and not comment while someone comes on the forum and tells us that his celtic buddies from uni with their opinions based on hatred and bias telling him Rangers are a racist club is his justification to offer free tours and presentations to ethnic minority groups who get all the support going and are brainwashed with a victim mentality from the get go. 

Its wrong and its divisive and breeds feelings of being treated unfairly. If anyone wants to go to ibrox they buy a ticket and go with their pals, or join the forum and ask to come along with any of us and that will be no problem i can assure you. 

Treating groups differently because of their religion or race is no different from from racism that i'm always told is wrong and that i agree with. 

Mate several people on this forum have echoe'd the same experience of people asking  them why they support us due to apparent "racism" within the club or fanbase. It's not wrong and divisive to try and take some initiative and try reverse that view which some minorities seem to have, you've just turned into a bit of a snowflake mate, it's really not a big deal.

6 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Mate several people on this forum have echoe'd the same experience of people asking  them why they support us due to apparent "racism" within the club or fanbase. It's not wrong and divisive to try and take some initiative and try reverse that view which some minorities seem to have, you've just turned into a bit of a snowflake mate, it's really not a big deal.

Ok, opposition fans and non Rangers fans telling Rangers fans the club and fanbase are racist. Now looking at how truthful those pc skewed agenda views are I think i'll file that under total fuckin bullshite along with your attempt at a bite with the snowflake patter. 

8 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Ok, opposition fans and non Rangers fans telling Rangers fans the club and fanbase are racist. Now looking at how truthful those pc skewed agenda views are I think i'll file that under total fuckin bullshite along with your attempt at a bite with the snowflake patter. 

It wasn't even an attempt at a bite mate, so many cunts giving it "leftist this leftist that" have become snowflakes mate.  I've read quite a few of your posts in the politics section, I'd put you into that category.

14 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

It wasn't even an attempt at a bite mate, so many cunts giving it "leftist this leftist that" have become snowflakes mate.  I've read quite a few of your posts in the politics section, I'd put you into that category.

I prefer right wing nazi tbh

20 hours ago, Inigo said:

Because hardly any minorities go to Ibrox so it could be seen as an untapped market. Also, the idea that we're a racist, unwelcoming support is pretty widespread. I guess the club like to play a part in dispelling that. 

It's a sensible strategy.

Felt extremely proud reading this.

1 hour ago, lidorfc said:

You won’t reverse it by getting a handful of ethnic’s on a Stadium Tour. 

Until the club actively fight back against the media perception of the knuckle dragging Rangers fan that hates every cunt then nothing will change no matter how many tours you give anyone.  

The thing is if we're the "establishment" club, then there's the opportunity for sellik to hoover up minorities who don't feel part of the establishment. Football rivalry is a big part of the culture in the west of Scotland so its understandable new arrivals are engaged to join in. Ultimately if we lay claim to the title of establishment club, well there's the drawback to that. 

It's a difficult one because if the club changes culture/philosophy to engage newcomers then it risks negatively impacting the existing support. 

Probably some form of evolution will be required eventually. How soon that's needed and what extent is obviously up for debate.