Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
psb07158

Rangers reaching out to ethnic minorities

Recommended Posts

As a microcosm of the Rangers "entity" philosophical confusion, arguably the majority of the "staunchest" posters on this forum are also staunch dogmatic atheists. Which is confusing when you consider the fact that Rangers as a concept and culture is utterly steeped in CoS Protestantism. 

When these guys kids have grown up and they're the ones setting the agenda, perhaps then there will be a shift as philosophy is fully detached from the religious culture it was developed from. 

ayrshireranger likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

A very apt selection of words.

I would guarantee that those statements would be a hell of allot more applicable in Scotland if you were from a minority rather than if you were a straight white man. Given this, I really dont understand why people have a problem with a programme to try and entice people from ethnic backgrounds to come and experience Rangers.

The idea that straight white men in Scotland are being oppressed is just a bit ludicrous to be honest.

I agree with you but racism affects every single race (including Scottish straight white men). 

I don't have any issue with trying to encourage more fans in but why target people based on ethnicity, sexuality/religion or anything else?  Why not just target human beings?  SUrely targetting a specific race (or races/religions etc) is, in its very wording, racist/seist/etc/etc.  Get the kids in regardless of who they are and encourage them.

Not mant people, anywhere, can say they truely are oppressed.

googglebot and They Gnu like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, shaka said:

People are always coming up to me and saying why do you support Rangers it's a racist club... whatever that means!  At the end of the day image matters and if Rangers are able to show itself to be a club open to all fans of all backgrounds then we'll have more fans!

Sure they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

As a microcosm of the Rangers "entity" philosophical confusion, arguably the majority of the "staunchest" posters on this forum are also staunch dogmatic atheists. Which is confusing when you consider the fact that Rangers as a concept and culture is utterly steeped in CoS Protestantism. 

When these guys kids have grown up and they're the ones setting the agenda, perhaps then there will be a shift as philosophy is fully detached from the religious culture it was developed from. 

wit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

wit

The guys who do the most shouting in here about what it means to be Rangers, also tend to do a lot of shouting on what it means to be an atheist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

We're a racist support though so it should be ok I think

We can have cross burnings at half time when playing at Ibrox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gman36 said:

No. None of us remember that as we weren't born in mid 19th century. 

EDIT plumbGER beat me to it

So what were you watching yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

So what were you watching yesterday.

You're not getting this are you? 

He'd have been watching Rangers participate in a football match, The Rangers who we have all grown up knowing are more than just a football club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You're not getting this are you? 

He'd have been watching Rangers participate in a football match, The Rangers who we have all grown up knowing are more than just a football club.

How I'm I not getting it.

Did you start to support Rangers because of a stadium tour or a focus group.

Na your were probably born into it like me when a football club cared more for its fans than people who in all honest probably won't spend a penny in Rangers just for a PR stunt unlike me and you and the other guy and the majority of the bears den come rain sleet or snow we're always there ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

How I'm I not getting it.

Did you start to support Rangers because of a stadium tour or a focus group.

Na your were probably born into it like me when a football club cared more for its fans than people who in all honest probably won't spend a penny in Rangers just for a PR stunt unlike me and you and the other guy and the majority of the bears den come rain speed or snow we're always there ready.

That's not the point I am debating with you though, you asked if anyone can remember when a football club was just about football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That's not the point I am debating with you though, you asked if anyone can remember when a football club was just about football.

Yeah that is the point when a football club was just about football and the fans, no PR bullshit a football club playing football for its loyal base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You won’t reverse it by getting a handful of ethnic’s on a Stadium Tour. 

Until the club actively fight back against the media perception of the knuckle dragging Rangers fan that hates every cunt then nothing will change no matter how many tours you give anyone.  

That might be case on a broader scale, I dont know but for people that don't hold the view strongly but just have a skewed perception due to overhearing "racist Rangers" or something to that effect, you might change their mind with a simple gesture.  And that's what this is, a simple gesture. If it changes a just a few peoples minds, then it's a start at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

That might be case on a broader scale, I dont know but for people that don't hold the view strongly but just have a skewed perception due to overhearing "racist Rangers" or something to that effect, you might change their mind with a simple gesture.  And that's what this is, a simple gesture. If it changes a just a few peoples minds, then it's a start at least.

It will do nothing it won't change anyone's mind 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

It will do nothing it won't change anyone's mind 

What is the harm in trying? Besides upsetting cunts like you?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, shaka said:

I already said earlier I play football every week with friends from uni and most of them support celtic.  Also my Dad, uncle and sister all support them.  They're always telling me that as a muslim of Pakistani background I shouldn't support Rangers because it's a racist team.

Well tell them to get properly informed instead of talking shite, fucking silly cunts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

What is the harm in trying? Besides upsetting cunts like you?

 

First of all it isn't upsetting me I just remember a time when a football club was a football club not a PR machine so that wee cunts like you can feel better about themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Malvern said:

We can have cross burnings at half time when playing at Ibrox.

Your not allowed to have fiery cross anymore, health and safety banned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

That might be case on a broader scale, I dont know but for people that don't hold the view strongly but just have a skewed perception due to overhearing "racist Rangers" or something to that effect, you might change their mind with a simple gesture.  And that's what this is, a simple gesture. If it changes a just a few peoples minds, then it's a start at least.

That just shows them we a great stadium then they pick up a paper and it’s Rangers fans this and Rangers fans that. They think fuck that I’m not going to go to an actual game with these idiots. 

sRcFoCt likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That just shows them we a great stadium then they pick up a paper and it’s Rangers fans this and Rangers fans that. They think fuck that I’m not going to go to an actual game with these idiots. 

 On a broader scale that is probably the case, but on the small you could probably encourage some people to go to a game with this sort of gesture. That's a start man, I don't get why people are so against this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

First of all it isn't upsetting me I just remember a time when a football club was a football club not a PR machine so that wee cunts like you can feel better about themselves.

Sounds like you're just living in the past mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...