Alfredo as a number 10

The Beast

Given the challenge of incorporating Defoe into the established team formation and our lack (before today) of goals from midfield. 

Should we look at playing Morelos as a number 10? As a very attacking midfielder breaking into the box and taking chances.

His natural game sees him foraging deeper and wider than a natural penalty box player like Defoe and some of the advanced ball winning he does is excellent.

If we have Defoe playing as a number 9 then could we play Morelos as a 10 rather than trying to shoehorn a two up top system that doesn't suit us?

I don't think so - a number 10 is creative and has excellent passing ability, creating the chances for your strikers to score. I don't see Morelos as that. He bullies defenders and leads the line but I think he is best off played up top, replacing him with Defoe rather than trying to play a 2 striker system.

Need to remember Morelos was an attacking midfielder who's been turned into a Centre Forward.

However, he's a vital part of our forward like & what we would lose would massively outweigh what we might gain.

20 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Given the challenge of incorporating Defoe into the established team formation and our lack (before today) of goals from midfield. 

Should we look at playing Morelos as a number 10? As a very attacking midfielder breaking into the box and taking chances.

His natural game sees him foraging deeper and wider than a natural penalty box player like Defoe and some of the advanced ball winning he does is excellent.

If we have Defoe playing as a number 9 then could we play Morelos as a 10 rather than trying to shoehorn a two up top system that doesn't suit us?

I doubt he will be here much longer, so hadly worth the effort.

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Costa had hardly had a kick in senior football at Morelos age, I said he had it in him to be as good I never said he was, do you disagree?

I love the wee man and think he will go on to bigger things but Diego Costa level not a chance ,I bloody hope so tho m8 and we have a sell on clause ,just my opinion of course ,be boring if we all agreed 👍we should just enjoy him while he’s here 🍻

It's mental that there is always a thread on here wanting to change things, even after a win, or players being our best performers in their positions. 

Morelos is a striker. 

Tav is a fullback. (for the next person to suggest moving him to the wing) 

3-5-2 didn't work. 

4-4-2 didn't work.