Alfredo as a number 10

The Beast

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

We do not score enough goals that's why the system does not work that's the first time we have scored 3 league goals since the last game on the 24th of November against Livi.

We don’t score enough because teams know what’s coming and do their best to nullify it. 

Would be nice if just for once we surprised a few of them with something different to look at. 

Different formation at killie almost gave us a 2 goal league before Christmas came early. 

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We don’t score enough because teams know what’s coming and do their best to nullify it. 

Would be nice if just for once we surprised a few of them with something different to look at. 

Different formation at killie almost gave us a 2 goal league before Christmas came early. 

Agreed, we are overly predictable in our formation & style of play.  

SG rightly imo tried to address this with the two signings & a change of how we set up which tbh was looking encouraging for 20mins v Killie.  

Unfortunately Worrall fkd this massively for him & has left him with a rather awkward situation.  

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Don’t remember them letting a forward nick it of them or playing a terrible square ball. 

If Mccrorrie was playing chances are neither goal happens, as defender has an outlet ball and the area where jones picks the ball up is right in his territory. 

6 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

Agreed, we are overly predictable in our formation & style of play.  

SG rightly imo tried to address this with the two signings & a change of how we set up which tbh was looking encouraging for 20mins v Killie.  

Unfortunately Worrall fkd this massively for him & has left him with a rather awkward situation.  

In a nutshell mate 👍

Will be interesting to see if he has the balls  to try something different again. 

2 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If Mccrorrie was playing chances are neither goal happens, as defender has an outlet ball and the area where jones picks the ball up is right in his territory. 

If if if if. 

He wasn’t playing and we were doing just fine until Worral had a brain fart. What was stopping him just launching it up the pitch he did it enough in the second half and plenty on sunday. 

Second goal wasn’t a defenders fault Kent played the poor square ball and McGregor got his feet stuck. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Number of times he lost possession was unlike him. Balls bouncing away from him, quite a few lay offs just really poor and not getting to their man. I'm clearly not saying all lay offs, but there were enough for it to stand out. Maybe the pitch, maybe just one of those days. He still gets pass marks from me for a decent performance.

He did lose the ball a few times but I'm sure there was another instance he played a ball through to Candeias that was flagged offside, I thought it was on.

I just thought you meant all layoffs because you said start to finish, which is a fair enough assumption.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What was stopping him just launching it up the pitch he did it enough in the second half and plenty on sunday. 

He didn't need to just launch it up the pitch, he had plenty time to play a pass.

28 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He did lose the ball a few times but I'm sure there was another instance he played a ball through to Candeias that was flagged offside, I thought it was on.

I just thought you meant all layoffs because you said start to finish, which is a fair enough assumption.

😂😂😂

Trying to be ad pedantic as you were with your daft comments the other day about a healthy goal difference being as good as a point.

Many of Morelos' touches, control and layoffs early, during, and late in game were poor a good number of times. Some weren't poor and were more what I'd expect of him. Can't simplify any more for you...

44 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If if if if. 

He wasn’t playing and we were doing just fine until Worral had a brain fart. What was stopping him just launching it up the pitch he did it enough in the second half and plenty on sunday. 

Second goal wasn’t a defenders fault Kent played the poor square ball and McGregor got his feet stuck. 

We had 70 minutes to equalise and we didn't, because we couldn't create anything. Every single chance in that game apart from the goal came from a set piece, the system wasn't working. 

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We had 70 minutes to equalise and we didn't, because we couldn't create anything. Every single chance in that game apart from the goal came from a set piece, the system wasn't working. 

We have struggled to create with a 4-3-3 as well. Them going 1-1 changed the entire game and we didn’t do enough to alter it  

We have to find different ways of playing that’s going to mean we find ways that don’t work as well, it’s that or it’s Plan B is do Plan A better. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If if if if. 

Can’t be fucked arguing 

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We have struggled to create with a 4-3-3 as well. Them going 1-1 changed the entire game and we didn’t do enough to alter it  

We have to find different ways of playing that’s going to mean we find ways that don’t work as well, it’s that or it’s Plan B is do Plan A better. 

Then you find better players to play 4-3-3, it's that simple. 

Everytime we've changed it up it hasn't worked. 

40 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂😂😂

Trying to be ad pedantic as you were with your daft comments the other day about a healthy goal difference being as good as a point.

Many of Morelos' touches, control and layoffs early, during, and late in game were poor a good number of times. Some weren't poor and were more what I'd expect of him. Can't simplify any more for you...

What does "ad pedantic" mean?

And no I wasn't trying to be anything, that above is being pedantic, I was simply pointing out a fact, just like I was the other day. If you have a problem with that then that's your problem, you are being awfy defensive as usual imo.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

What does "ad pedantic" mean?

And no I wasn't trying to be anything, that above is being pedantic, I was simply pointing out a fact, just like I was the other day. If you have a problem with that then that's your problem, you are being awfy defensive as usual imo.

What is awfy? 😂

Wrong this time, wrong last time, no doubt wrong next time.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What is awfy? 😂

Wrong this time, wrong last time, no doubt wrong next time.

Yes, yes you were wrong.

Your problem is you don't like being wrong but once again that's your problem and you need to deal with it.

50 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We have tried 2 up top a few times this season and dropped points everytime.

I agree we need to find another way to play but 4-4-2 just hasn't worked as he tries to play a diamond which means all the play is down the middle that plays right into oppositions hands as they all play with 10 men behind the ball .We need width to counter this and what we miss is someone who can header a ball from the crosses we should be putting in the box.

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes, yes you were wrong.

Your problem is you don't like being wrong but once again that's your problem and you need to deal with it.

😂😂😂

1. Finish season on equal points but have healthier goal difference. Factually, healthy goal difference is as good as a point as it wins you the league.

2. Saying subjectively someone has been poor from start to finish does not mean they have not done a solitary thing  in between which is acceptable. It's like saying Worrall was rank after giving the goal away midweek. He was, but that's not to say he didnt make acceptable passes in that timeframe.  

Unless you try to be pedantic and literal about every minute detail, or can't understand the context of a remark.

So wrong then, wrong now, and undoubtedly wrong again very soon.

53 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Then you find better players to play 4-3-3, it's that simple. 

Everytime we've changed it up it hasn't worked. 

Maybe he’s found better players to play 3-5-2. 

No matter how good your players are if a team is determined and knows what’s coming they will make it hard for you. 

27 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

We have tried 2 up top a few times this season and dropped points everytime.

I agree we need to find another way to play but 4-4-2 just hasn't worked as he tries to play a diamond which means all the play is down the middle that plays right into oppositions hands as they all play with 10 men behind the ball .We need width to counter this and what we miss is someone who can header a ball from the crosses we should be putting in the box.

Again 4-3-3 has been found wanting against a packed defence many times this season as well. 

We need to be able to adapt to any situation at the moment we don’t seem able to do that.