Alfredo as a number 10

The Beast

On 27/01/2019 at 22:08, The Beast said:

Given the challenge of incorporating Defoe into the established team formation and our lack (before today) of goals from midfield. 

Should we look at playing Morelos as a number 10? As a very attacking midfielder breaking into the box and taking chances.

His natural game sees him foraging deeper and wider than a natural penalty box player like Defoe and some of the advanced ball winning he does is excellent.

If we have Defoe playing as a number 9 then could we play Morelos as a 10 rather than trying to shoehorn a two up top system that doesn't suit us?

Been saying this all season. His workrate is high, his passing is outstanding although rarely mentioned, strong, holds the ball up well, great vision, intelligence, through balls that get men in behind the defence... 

Buy terrible composure in front of goal and poor finishing. 

Great idea for me. 

14 minutes ago, Davhow said:

Been saying this all season. His workrate is high, his passing is outstanding although rarely mentioned, strong, holds the ball up well, great vision, intelligence, through balls that get men in behind the defence... 

Great idea for me. 

Shite finisher with 20 goals so far and we’re still in January..

8 hours ago, Davhow said:

Great idea for me. 

Come on tae fuck mate, some of his finishing has been outstanding. Aye he misses a few but show me a forward who doesn’t. 

ffs  

9 hours ago, Davhow said:

Great idea for me. 

Get yourself along to the doctors mate. 

On 28/01/2019 at 13:03, Smile said:

We do not score enough goals that's why the system does not work that's the first time we have scored 3 league goals since the last game on the 24th of November against 

He IS a striker, never a no. 10.

We cannot question the ability or commitment of Alfredo.

It is my view he is a desperate man. Desperate to score goals!

I think he does too much in his quest for goals and leaves not much in reserve for bursting that net. 

He keeps defenders busy and ties them in knots, but it's a lot of hard work for one man and then he has to score.

Can't fault him for work ethic.  Maybe he should get more selfish and let others do more and play a more positional role as striker, I don't know, but as he matures he will pace and read the game better. Super Ally used to miss a lot, but still banged them in and he didn't do half the work of Alfredo. Will come with maturity and getting wise and questioning why the fuck is it me doing all this work.

The way he is played is a big ask, but he fucking loves banging in those goals. He's a demon for it.

32 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He IS a striker, never a no. 10.

We cannot question the ability or commitment of Alfredo.

It is my view he is a desperate man. Desperate to score goals!

I think he does too much in his quest for goals and leaves not much in reserve for bursting that net. 

He keeps defenders busy and ties them in knots, but it's a lot of hard work for one man and then he has to score.

Can't fault him for work ethic.  Maybe he should get more selfish and let others do more and play a more positional role as striker, I don't know, but as he matures he will pace and read the game better. Super Ally used to miss a lot, but still banged them in and he didn't do half the work of Alfredo. Will come with maturity and getting wise and questioning why the fuck is it me doing all this work.

The way he is played is a big ask, but he fucking loves banging in those goals. He's a demon for it.

That's all you've done since he signed :lol: 

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

That's all you've done since he signed :lol: 

Mer pish from the resident big spoon.

He has long since proven himself as I have posted. He was as rough as fuck when he came and showed no signs of changing. I don't forget the 5 yard sitter.

He has listened and improved immensely, even the cheekiness which I love.

Now don't let those soor grapes get stuck in your craw.